Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Arias gives tv interview from Sheriff Joe's jail........

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

2seaoat

I have never seen anything like this.....where a defendant while the case is still before a jury for deliberation on sentencing involving the death penalty where the defendant goes on local TV......how does a sheriff allow this to happen? How did the local stations get access for that interview? I am no fan of Joe's, but this is a very prejudicial interview, and I cannot understand how somebody who is not out on bond, is allowed to give this interview......very very strange.

yep... never should've been allowed to testify either I guess.

People give interviews from jail all the time. The jury is not allowed to watch it anyway so what's the big deal?

2seaoat

The Maricopa County Sheriff’s Office said no more media interviews with Arias would be granted. She has been placed on suicide watch.

I guess the tough guy making folks wear pink underwear has softened.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Dreamsglore wrote:People give interviews from jail all the time. The jury is not allowed to watch it anyway so what's the big deal?

The sitting jury did see parts of her interviews and I'm sure they will see the last interview during the upcoming hearings.

Joanimaroni wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:People give interviews from jail all the time. The jury is not allowed to watch it anyway so what's the big deal?

The sitting jury did see parts of her interviews and I'm sure they will see the last interview during the upcoming hearings.

That's not allowed. How do you know they saw it? That's grounds for a mistrial.

2seaoat

That's grounds for a mistrial.

The trial is over. She was found guilty. This is the sentencing phase.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Dreamsglore wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:

I watched the trial. It was allowed and it is not grounds for a mistrial.

Joanimaroni wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:

What was allowed? Her interview being seen by the jury during the trial? I did not keep up w/ this case.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Dreamsglore wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:

What was allowed? Her interview being seen by the jury during the trial? I did not keep up w/ this case.

Clips from interviews with the media and some parts of her police interrogation interviews.

Joanimaroni wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:

Clips from interviews with the media and some parts of her police interrogation interviews.

It had to be w/ consent from the prosecution then.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Dreamsglore wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:

It had to be w/ consent from the prosecution then.

The prosecutor is the one that played the interviews.

2seaoat

The prosecutor is the one that played the interviews.

I do not think she understands that the trial is over and that this is the sentencing phase. She again says things which are utterly crazy. Yes, a prosecutor can take that interview and use it on enhancement. She shows total disrespect toward the victim in that interview, and the jury could listen to that interview presented by the prosecution to show lack of remorse, and just the extent of her calculation. I do not know why we bother when she posts there could be a mistrial...........my jaw just continues to drop......and yes Dreams there are objective standards beyond your opinion when a mistrial motion can be filed, and the alleged error has to have happened before the trial ended......jeeezzzz how long will we argue this mistake.

cool1

cool1

she will get Life in prison I think Cool

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Death penalty....Prosecutor Martinez was brilliant and has sent a female to death row in previous trials.

cool1

cool1

Joanimaroni wrote:Death penalty....Prosecutor Martinez was brilliant and has sent a female to death row in previous trials.

I don't know joni----think of all the cases where they should have gotten death---and all they got was life in prison She deserves it that is for sure .

Joanimaroni wrote:Death penalty....Prosecutor Martinez was brilliant and has sent a female to death row in previous trials.

The death penalty is what Arias has stated that she wants. She said she cannot bear spending the rest of her life in prison.

Any bets on how long it will take her to get pregnant in prison...?

Spay that bitch and lock her away.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

cool1 wrote:

I don't know joni----think of all the cases where they should have gotten death---and all they got was life in prison She deserves it that is for sure .

Life in prison allows her to be in general population....death row is isolation. First degree premeditation with extreme cruelty and no remorse = the death penalty.

cool1

cool1

Ghost_Rider1 wrote:

The death penalty is what Arias has stated that she wants. She said she cannot bear spending the rest of her life in prison.

True she did say that! But she is tricking us so I say life in prison for her Smile

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

cool1 wrote:
Ghost_Rider1 wrote:

True she did say that! But she is tricking us so I say life in prison for her Smile

LOL a little reverse-psychology. She is hoping for life in prison instead of the death penalty.

cool1

cool1

Joanimaroni wrote:
cool1 wrote:
Ghost_Rider1 wrote:

LOL a little reverse-psychology. She is hoping for life in prison instead of the death penalty.

That's exactly right I couldn't spell psychology Laughing

anyway ive been up since 3 nap time for me

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

cool1 wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:
cool1 wrote:
Ghost_Rider1 wrote:

That's exactly right I couldn't spell psychology Laughing

anyway ive been up since 3 nap time for me

I'm more interested in what you are saying...not your spelling.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum