Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

learn a new word ..Hybristophilia

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

http://lovearthistory.hubpages.com/hub/psyhparaphilia

2) Aggressive Hybristophilia

Aggressive hybristophiliacs are complete opposites. They are willing to help out their lovers with their criminal agenda by luring victims, hiding bodies, covering crimes, or even committing crimes. They are attracted to their lover’s because of their violent actions and want to receive love, yet are unable to understand that their lover’s are psychopaths who are manipulating them. Both passive and aggressive hybristophiliacs tend to end up in abusive or unhealthy relationships.

I am beginning to believe that those that love Government are afflicted with this disease....

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

TEOTWAWKI wrote:http://lovearthistory.hubpages.com/hub/psyhparaphilia

Aggressive hybristophiliacs are complete opposites. They are willing to help out their lovers with their criminal agenda by luring victims, hiding bodies, covering crimes, or even committing crimes. They are attracted to their lover’s because of their violent actions and want to receive love, yet are unable to understand that their lover’s are psychopaths who are manipulating them. Both passive and aggressive hybristophiliacs tend to end up in abusive or unhealthy relationships.

I am beginning to believe that those that love Government are afflicted with this disease....

This is a very interesting proposition. A parallel can be drawn between blind love filled with excuses for the lovers unacceptable behavior (murders etc.) and blind devotion to all actions of government, a willingness to be duped as it were.

It is a super broad brush stroke though. I don't think it is useful to lump all government actions, activities, duties, programs etc. into one large category called "government"; there are just too many different aspects of it, some good some not. It is not constructive to throw the baby out with the bathwater.

Re-read this paragraph from the article and substitute 'government' for 'criminal' and 'lover' and 'citizens' for women

1) Passive Hybristophilia

Every year, notorious criminals receive romantic and sexual “fan mail” from admirers. These letter-writing groupies (known as SKGs -- serial killer groupies) have no desire in taking part of criminal activity, yet are attracted to men behind bars. These women are usually delusional and will try to find excuses for what the criminal did. They will develop relationships with a criminal and feel that they are special -- that even though their lover may have killed numerous people, he would never harm her. They usually feel that they can “change” their lover and have rescue fantasies. Passive hybristophiliacs “tend to put themselves in positions to be seduced, manipulated, and lied to by the people they fall for “

Margin Call

Margin Call

TEOTWAWKI wrote:http://lovearthistory.hubpages.com/hub/psyhparaphilia

Cool word.

I like to think of goldbugs as duel personalities. They suffer from a deep paranoia about the government, yet suffer an equally feckless pronoia thinking gold is going to save them from (enter conspiracy theory here)____________.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Yeah those silly gold bugs . In a world of illusion they think a piece of shiney metal is real.. Lao tee said only what is real lasts. We all know gold will never stand the test of time. . Now the dollar has been around for decades. . Yeah growing a garden and preparing for any eventuality is just paranoid but I like to eat, it''s a weakness.

Margin Call

Margin Call

TEOTWAWKI wrote:Yeah those silly gold bugs . In a world of illusion they think a piece of shiney metal is real.. Lao tee said only what is real lasts. We all know gold will never stand the test of time. . Now the dollar has been around for decades. . Yeah growing a garden and preparing for any eventuality is just paranoid but I like to eat, it''s a weakness.

Risk assets other than gold have significantly outperformed gold for a very long time. The big talking point is that gold keeps up with inflation....I'd like a little more than that...and most people get that over the long term.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Margin Call wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:Yeah those silly gold bugs . In a world of illusion they think a piece of shiney metal is real.. Lao tee said only what is real lasts. We all know gold will never stand the test of time. . Now the dollar has been around for decades. . Yeah growing a garden and preparing for any eventuality is just paranoid but I like to eat, it''s a weakness.

Risk assets other than gold have significantly outperformed gold for a very long time. The big talking point is that gold keeps up with inflation....I'd like a little more than that...and most people get that over the long term.

Wait till they devalue the dollar gold will be a fine investment...gotta happen soon...

Margin Call

Margin Call

TEOTWAWKI wrote:
Margin Call wrote:

Wait till they devalue the dollar gold will be a fine investment...gotta happen soon...

Gold has been a great investment over the past..decade. However, you should recognize the serious technical damage that has been displayed on the gold chart. Not saying I'm 100% right but some long-term, big sellers have been unloading hefty positions. Is the Fed about to shut down the printing press?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum