Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Century Man Arrested On 11-Year Old Traffic Ticket/1 Dead, 1 Injured In ‘Gang Related’ Escambia Shooting

3 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Century Man Arrested On 11-Year Old Traffic Ticket
April 26, 2013
A Century man was arrested Thursday afternoon on traffic citation from 11 years ago.
James Ray Foster, now 52, was issued a traffic citation on February 3, 2002, for no valid driver’s license. He pleaded guilty and adjudication was withheld on March 12, 2002. On March 12, 2002, he was fined $186 and ordered to show a valid driver’s license to the court by June 19, 2002, or report to the county jail for 30 days, according to court records.
In August 2002, a pickup and commit order was issued for Foster’s arrest to spend 30 days behind bars after he failed to produce a valid driver’s license.
Foster remained in the Escambia County Jail early Friday morning without bond....................................................................................................................................

One person was killed and another injured Friday night in a West Pensacola shooting that is being called gang related.
The Escambia County Sheriff’s Office said one person was killed on Medford Avenue, and another male was transported to a local hospital after multiple shots were fired just after 8 p.m. Multiple shooters were involved, and one suspect was detained for questioning, deputies said.
Escambia County Sheriff David Morgan said the man who died was a member of the “Latin Kings” gang, while the injured man was a member of the “Surenos 13″ gang.
Further details, including names and the injured man’s condition, have not yet been released as the Escambia County Sheriff’s Office investigation continues.

2seaoat

My daughter has prosecuted latin kings......it is about time they start telling the truth about these murders and violence in Pensacola.........its gangs.

2seaoat wrote:My daughter has prosecuted latin kings......it is about time they start telling the truth about these murders and violence in Pensacola.........its gangs.

That examination along w an objective look at statistics would be helpful on the gun violence issue in total.

We dont have time for any of that. We need to improve downtown first. The West side can take care of its self.

2seaoat

We dont have time for any of that. We need to improve downtown first. The West side can take care of its self.

Hallmark,
Seriously do you think this national blight is going to be corrected by local politicians and their policies. These are national criminal conspiracies which are taking down entire urban areas as they fight for turf and pump poison into communities under the umbrella of prohibition. A national policy is the only way this cancer will be extracted. We need to decriminalize drugs, and regulate and tax the same nationally. You would not build a boat or a house by starting with the roof, and you cannot blame what is happening in Pensacola in regard to gang violence on locals. There are protocols which are helping nationally, but it starts with the feds coming into Pensacola with a gang task force and breaking the backbone of these national gangs.......I have seen the feds take out the blight, but the idea of local communities defeating these national gangs is naive......this is a national criminal enterprise which needs federal task forces to take the bastards down..........local leadership needs to recognize the problem and ask for help.

Local leadership needs to recognize the problem and ask for help.

We choose not to. We have large areas of severe poverty, blight and crime. It goes un noticed and under reported. We have our focus on Beach concerts, fine dinning and sports. Our LEOs let certain areas act with impunity. We dont care, why should any one else? Our problems are more than just gangs. I have lost faith in my community.

From the PNJ

It is tough to be poor and need dental work in this area. Next week in Century, it gets tougher.

The Escambia County Health Department dental clinic there closes on Tuesday, ending the department’s 50-year stretch in the county-owned building on Church Street.

Dr. John Lanza says the health department has had some medical presence in the small, poor north Escambia town for 70 years.

That ends Tuesday.

2seaoat

Join the real world. I have a friend who made 400k a year for 25 years. He owned a printing company which did labeling for major food brands. He had 35 employees and was very aggressive in delaying his payments on accounts payable and very aggressive on his receivables. At one time this was just what you did in business.......but he had his paper suppliers getting paid 90 days after delivery of paper. Well once the hard times began with the recession, the paper supplier came in and said that they had to be brought current with no more than 30 days on payables........without paper a printing business fails. So the owner goes to the bank and asks for a draw of 50k on his existing line of credit......they say no.......35 people are put on the street and the bank loses 2 million on loans, and this guy loses everything.....I mean everything.....he survives by selling his personal possessions until he finally hits 62, but during this period his teeth literally start rotting in his mouth. He goes to have work done and they want 10k to fix the mess in his mouth.....he does not have a dime......he is a proud man, but he is broken mentally and physically.

I call him because the wife was worried he was going to kill himself. He had taken my wife and I out to dinner many times, and once when we drove over to Biloxi at the Bea Rivage.........they bought my wife a $200 pair of boots which they showed on our drive back to Navarre which I exploded.....but he was a generous man. I sat through dinner and could see the condition of his teeth.......I have never felt so helpless in my life......a wealthy man in America having his teeth rot out.........so when you make your commentary about blaming somebody for our current condition, you seem to focus on local folks......like they are a butterfly whose wings cause hurricanes.....it just does not make sense to me......I am seeing suffering across the board, and a looting of this country's wealth by wall street and bankers, who like the wealthy at our time of our revolution were protected by a government and exploited this nation and took our natural resources........a clinic closing or a rich man's teeth rotting......not a lot makes sense today.

Hallmarkgrad1 wrote:Century Man Arrested On 11-Year Old Traffic Ticket
April 26, 2013
A Century man was arrested Thursday afternoon on traffic citation from 11 years ago.
James Ray Foster, now 52, was issued a traffic citation on February 3, 2002, for no valid driver’s license. He pleaded guilty and adjudication was withheld on March 12, 2002. On March 12, 2002, he was fined $186 and ordered to show a valid driver’s license to the court by June 19, 2002, or report to the county jail for 30 days, according to court records.
In August 2002, a pickup and commit order was issued for Foster’s arrest to spend 30 days behind bars after he failed to produce a valid driver’s license.
Foster remained in the Escambia County Jail early Friday morning without bond....................................................................................................................................

One person was killed and another injured Friday night in a West Pensacola shooting that is being called gang related.
The Escambia County Sheriff’s Office said one person was killed on Medford Avenue, and another male was transported to a local hospital after multiple shots were fired just after 8 p.m. Multiple shooters were involved, and one suspect was detained for questioning, deputies said.
Escambia County Sheriff David Morgan said the man who died was a member of the “Latin Kings” gang, while the injured man was a member of the “Surenos 13″ gang.
Further details, including names and the injured man’s condition, have not yet been released as the Escambia County Sheriff’s Office investigation continues.

"Courts have found that incarcerating people for debts they couldn’t afford to pay violates the 14th Amendment."

http://www.aclu.org/blog/criminal-law-reform/courts-should-stop-jailing-people-being-poor

2seaoat

"Courts have found that incarcerating people for debts they couldn’t afford to pay violates the 14th Amendment."

Focus Dreams......the man did not get a valid drivers license as a condition of his sentence.........but I heard that the price of beef in Scotland has dropped 2 cents........I like random.

Dreamsglore wrote:
Hallmarkgrad1 wrote:Century Man Arrested On 11-Year Old Traffic Ticket
April 26, 2013

http://www.aclu.org/blog/criminal-law-reform/courts-should-stop-jailing-people-being-poor

Dreams I think we have had this discussion before, but to reiterate, he was not jailed for the $186.00 debt, he was jailed for not producing a valid driver's license by June 19th, 2002. As the judgement stated, he was ordered to show a valid license or spend 30 days in jail. This is nothing about a debt.

4 Responses to “Century Man Arrested On 11-Year Old Traffic Ticket”
old friend on April 26th, 2013 12:24 pm
First James is on ssi disability and does not know right from wrong .He only rides the cart to the store .He. is not the only person in century to drive an cart or gator on the highway…so if they stop him ..What about the others ? Second James never hide from the law ..they knew his whereabout for the last 11 yrs n even visit him at his home to fish in his ponds or pick up pears …SO people need to understand before judging. James
tr on April 26th, 2013 9:43 am
he is incompetent and cannot get a driver license! there is other people that ride around on the golfcarts around here and they need to be stopped to! im not taking up for the ole boy because he should have took care of it a long time ago! but watch out on the highways for other golfcarts and gators! if he has to stay off the road with his they need to stay off the road with there's! this guy has a mind of a 12 yr old and has only went to the second grade in school! he cant read or write!

Century Man Arrested On 11-Year Old Traffic Ticket/1 Dead, 1 Injured In ‘Gang Related’ Escambia Shooting Fosterjamesray

Nekochan

Nekochan

Seaoat, how is your friend doing now?

Obamacare....does it cover dental work? My daughter will be 22 soon and we received notice that she'll be kicked off of our supplemental Humana dental policy. She'll still be on our basic BC/BS policy but we have supplemental Humana dental ins. because BC/BS doesn't cover that much when it comes to dental work. She just graduated from college last weekend and doesn't even have a chance of a full time teaching job (and having her own employee coverage) until August. Yet they are kicking her off of our Humana coverage before then.

2seaoat

He has become a consultant to a printing business and in addition to his social security he is finally getting wages.......but still does not have enough for the procedures, and they are calling university dental schools to see if they can afford it, and have actually checked out flying to another country to have the work done. He is doing better but there are a hundred more people like him who were once on top of the world......that large sucking sound is wealth being stolen from this country.....the results of the same are very tangible.

Nekochan wrote:Seaoat, how is your friend doing now?

Obamacare....does it cover dental work? My daughter will be 22 soon and we received notice that she'll be kicked off of our supplemental Humana dental policy. She'll still be on our basic BC/BS policy but we have supplemental Humana dental ins. because BC/BS doesn't cover that much when it comes to dental work. She just graduated from college last weekend and doesn't even have a chance of a full time teaching job (and having her own employee coverage) until August. Yet they are kicking her off of our Humana coverage before then.

Neko for some reason I was thinking that your husband was retired military. I have TRDP as my dental plan.

Nekochan

Nekochan

My husband is a retired reservist. He isn't eligible for any military medical ins plan until he turns 60. We are on federal government BC/BS. For dental coverage, it's pretty decent at preventive care but pretty lousy at covering actual dental work.

2seaoat

but pretty lousy at covering actual dental work.

This sure is the case with my wife and I. She had a great dental plan which actually covered most procedures when she was working, but her retirement plan is incredibly stingy on its coverage. As older Americans face serious dental work, they are falling through the cracks. I remember both my grandparents having dentures and only being in their early sixties, but with T's hated fluoride......it appears that the problem is happening later when folks are even less able to manage their finances.......this is a great country, but it is hard to see a once very wealthy man slowly have his teeth rot out of his mouth.

Jake92

Tricare (Delta Dental) sucks for retired military. Mine is $48/month with a limit of $1,200/yr for treatment other than exams, cleanings, and annual x-rays. 1 stinking crown is about $800. Two years ago, I had 2 teeth pulled and implants put in which have been great. After insurance, it still cost me over $4,000. The problem is the 6 other crowns/fillings that have broken or fell out in the last 2 years... A friend in northern NY went to Canada for his dental and had a few implants and everything for under $1,000 including surgery to pull the teeth... I'll be going to NY in July and have all intentions of going to Canada to have the work done. The thing that pisses me off the most is that I can end up in the Escambia County Jail and get everything FREE at taxpayers expense.

2seaoat wrote:"Courts have found that incarcerating people for debts they couldn’t afford to pay violates the 14th Amendment."

Focus Dreams......the man did not get a valid drivers license as a condition of his sentence.........but I heard that the price of beef in Scotland has dropped 2 cents........I like random.

He pled guilty to not having a valid license so what was he jailed for? Not paying his fine.

Jake92 wrote:Tricare (Delta Dental) sucks for retired military. Mine is $48/month with a limit of $1,200/yr for treatment other than exams, cleanings, and annual x-rays. 1 stinking crown is about $800. Two years ago, I had 2 teeth pulled and implants put in which have been great. After insurance, it still cost me over $4,000. The problem is the 6 other crowns/fillings that have broken or fell out in the last 2 years... A friend in northern NY went to Canada for his dental and had a few implants and everything for under $1,000 including surgery to pull the teeth... I'll be going to NY in July and have all intentions of going to Canada to have the work done. The thing that pisses me off the most is that I can end up in the Escambia County Jail and get everything FREE at taxpayers expense.

That's not true. You can get your teeth pulled but they don't put implants in when you're in the county jail. I doubt they do fillings either. I know they don't do crowns.

Is an inmate required to pay any fees while in jail?

Yes. Subsistence fees are charged to each inmate to offset the cost of inmate incarceration to the taxpayer. It is the policy of the Escambia Sheriff’s Office to charge inmates subsistence fees in accordance with Florida Statute 951.033.

What do the subsistence fees include?

1. There is a one-time charge per admission of $20.00 for clothing and linens, which is charged to the inmate at the time he/she is issued uniforms and linens.
2. A daily charge of $3.00 for meals.

Doctor Sick Call $10.00
Dentist Sick Call $10.00
Psychologist Sick Call $10.00
Mental Health Counselor Sick Call $ 5.00
Nurse/EMT Sick Call $ 5.00
Initial Prescription $ 5.00
Prescription Refill $ 3.0
These service fees will be charged to the inmate’s bank account.

What if the inmate cannot afford to pay fees, will he/she be denied treatment?

No. However, the inmate’s account will be charged for the service. If he/she later receives money into his/her account, the fees will be subtracted from his/her balance.

Hallmarkgrad1 wrote:Is an inmate required to pay any fees while in jail?

Yes. Subsistence fees are charged to each inmate to offset the cost of inmate incarceration to the taxpayer. It is the policy of the Escambia Sheriff’s Office to charge inmates subsistence fees in accordance with Florida Statute 951.033.

What do the subsistence fees include?

1. There is a one-time charge per admission of $20.00 for clothing and linens, which is charged to the inmate at the time he/she is issued uniforms and linens.
2. A daily charge of $3.00 for meals.

Doctor Sick Call $10.00
Dentist Sick Call $10.00
Psychologist Sick Call $10.00
Mental Health Counselor Sick Call $ 5.00
Nurse/EMT Sick Call $ 5.00
Initial Prescription $ 5.00
Prescription Refill $ 3.0
These service fees will be charged to the inmate’s bank account.

What if the inmate cannot afford to pay fees, will he/she be denied treatment?

No. However, the inmate’s account will be charged for the service. If he/she later receives money into his/her account, the fees will be subtracted from his/her balance.

The dentist in the county jail does not do crowns, implants or fill teeth. They do basic emergency services. They will pull your tooth-- period.

Jake92

That's not true. You can get your teeth pulled but they don't put implants in when you're in the county jail. I doubt they do fillings either. I know they don't do crowns.[/quote]

I KNOW a hubby and wife who stole my puter in 96 and pawned it. They ended up in the county jail and both walked out with brand new false teeth at taxpayers expense. I NEVER said I could get implants or crowns at the county jail, but I could get treatment. I had no idea they had to pay a few $ from their fund. I KNOW the ones that stole and pawned my puter got fined and ordered to pay me restirution for the pawn ticket at $10.month. AFTER the court costs were paid, I got 1 check from the court for $10 and never saw another penny of the other $140 that was still owed.

Jake92 wrote:
That's not true. You can get your teeth pulled but they don't put implants in when you're in the county jail. I doubt they do fillings either. I know they don't do crowns.

I KNOW a hubby and wife who stole my puter in 96 and pawned it. They ended up in the county jail and both walked out with brand new false teeth at taxpayers expense. I NEVER said I could get implants or crowns at the county jail, but I could get treatment.[/quote]

I find that hard to believe because false teeth are pretty high. You can't get any dental services at the dental school at PJC except pulling teeth. I worked at a county jail and you could get a tooth pulled or antibiotics for an abcess. They probably had medicaid pay for it not the county jail. The county couldn't afford to fix all the inmates who had bad teeth.

Jake92

WHAT happens if the inmate owes $250 and his sentence is over? Does he get out with a bill or is he kept in jail until it's paid?? What if he runs to another state owing $250.. I bet the county will not send someone to bring him back..

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum