Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

lawsuit in Monier shooting incident.......Surprise....Surprise

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

2seaoat

http://www.pnj.com/article/20130415/NEWS01/304150012/Lawsuit-filed-10-Escambia-shooting-incident

hmmmmm the Plaintiffs are suggesting there may have been a training issue......any bets on how this is going to play out?

A large settlement..

2seaoat

A large settlement..

Agreed......nobody wants to hear the experts in law enforcement talk about this incident......big bucks and definitely no trial.

I was shocked to read Cassidy tried to shoot the perp w/ the victim as a shield! Unfrigginbeliveable!

2seaoat wrote:http://www.pnj.com/article/20130415/NEWS01/304150012/Lawsuit-filed-10-Escambia-shooting-incident

hmmmmm the Plaintiffs are suggesting there may have been a training issue......any bets on how this is going to play out?

Again...blame the training...leo's...etc.,...but it's the blame of the suspect and his actions...Nice to be Monday morning quarterbacks...Law enforcement has their hands tied so much it's a wonder this doesn't happen more often...the non-cop sheriff has thrown his deputies under the bus for a recent pursuit...that may end up with more legal issues..

2seaoat

People die when training protocols are not followed. If a paramedic decides to take a knife out and remove a bullet from a gunshot wound at the scene.....would somebody raise a question of training? If the supervisor is telling that paramedic not to remove the bullet......would we be talking about a training issue? The perp was walking out of the house when the police arrived....he was in the garage......the victim was pleading for withdrawal and discussion.........

Every law enforcement expert in this country will come to the same conclusion on this shooting. I had my suspicions, but as usual a white wash in state review, but you bet there will be a settlement.....if this was justifiable every taxpayer should call their representative and tell them to fight this to the bitter end.........will not happen....no Monday QB here......a supervisor gave a direct command.......people got hurt......and did these officers have a duty of care to a victim......? I hope this goes to trial.....we finally need a trial on one of these incidents rather than this constant criticism of the folks who believe that the standard of care keeps being breached with little or no recourse for citizens.

Last edited by 2seaoat on 4/15/2013, 7:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

newswatcher wrote:
2seaoat wrote:http://www.pnj.com/article/20130415/NEWS01/304150012/Lawsuit-filed-10-Escambia-shooting-incident

Again...blame the training...leo's...etc.,...but it's the blame of the suspect and his actions...Nice to be Monday morning quarterbacks...Law enforcement has their hands tied so much it's a wonder this doesn't happen more often...the non-cop sheriff has thrown his deputies under the bus for a recent pursuit...that may end up with more legal issues..

Wait just a minute. Cassady was told to retreat and await the SWAT. When the on scene supervisor arrived he told Cassady to not fire his weapon. All of this dialogue was captured on the 911 tape. This did not have to end like it did. Cassady is a trigger happy cowboy and thought that he could get a head shot on the suspect, however he missed and hit the victim in the neck. After all the smoke had cleared, the suspect was only hit in the hand while the victim was shot 5 times. Negotiations would have worked with this suspect without a shot ever having to be fired.

Training, yes they could use a hell of a lot more time on the range to become proficient on on hitting what they aim at.

I wonder if he had prior incidents of not following orders from a superior officer? It sure sounds like he watched too many Dirty Harry movies..

Lurch wrote:I wonder if he had prior incidents of not following orders from a superior officer? It sure sounds like he watched too many Dirty Harry movies..

What really bothers me is that the other 2 deputies in the house with Cassady heard him say that he had to "get a head shot" even after being told by the on scene supervisor to back out of the house.

I suspect because of this lawsuit that had Cassady not retired he would have been fired specially if Rosenbloom wins the suit.

Cassidy's duty was to protect the victim and save her. Extremely poor judgement to shoot at the perp while the victim was hostage. He wound up disabling himself and the victim getting shot. Jesus!

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

2seaoat wrote:A large settlement..

Agreed......nobody wants to hear the experts in law enforcement talk about this incident......big bucks and definitely no trial.

Nope. My former son-in-law and his brother lost their father to a severe beat-down administered by ECSD Corrections Officers in the jail holding area in January of 1999. They sued and eventually settled out of court for a surprisingly small amount of money. No charges were ever filed against any of the jailers, either.

Their dad was autopsied so many times that his body became completely dissected before he was eventually buried.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

http://www.pnj.com/article/20111011/NEWS01/110110311/City-settles-500-000-case-teen-killed-by-police-cruiser

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum