Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Roll over Beethoven (and Elvis and the Beatles and Justin Bieber). PSY's new music video. "Gentleman"

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

The music sure sounds similiar to Gangnum Style. Me think PSY a one hit wonder.

2seaoat

I think the 15 minutes has passed.

I wonder how he ever had a hit.. It's more like Shit to me..

2seaoat

It was interesting for a few minutes......but disco, and tech dancing music with repetitive beat and stupid pelvic thrusts get a bit tedious if you are not in seventh grade.

He might not be big in the states but remember he is very proud Korean. His appeal will continue in his home country.

I have never heard him nor do I intend to.

LOL Remember this guy?

Presley was even seen as a "definite danger to the security of the United States." His actions and motions were called "a strip-tease with clothes on" or "sexual self-gratification on stage." They were compared with "masturbation or riding a microphone." Some saw the singer as a sexual pervert, and psychologists feared that teenage girls and boys could easily be "aroused to sexual indulgence and perversion by certain types of motions and hysteria,—the type that was exhibited at the Presley show."[34] In August 1956 in Jacksonville, Florida a local Juvenile Court judge called Presley a "savage" and threatened to arrest him if he shook his body while performing at Jacksonville's Florida Theatre, justifying the restrictions by saying his music was undermining the youth of America. Throughout the performance, Presley stood still as ordered but poked fun at the judge by wiggling a finger. Similar attempts to stop his "sinful gyrations" continued for more than a year and included his often-noted January 6, 1957 appearance on The Ed Sullivan Show (during which he performed the spiritual number "Peace in the Valley"), when he was filmed only from the waist up.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

"His kind of music is deplorable, a rancid smelling aphrodisiac. It fosters almost totally negative and destructive reactions in young people."

-- Frank Sinatra (commenting on Presley at the time)

Yella

Yella

Bob wrote:
"His kind of music is deplorable, a rancid smelling aphrodisiac. It fosters almost totally negative and destructive reactions in young people."

-- Frank Sinatra (commenting on Presley at the time)

It was good for two seconds then it went to shit and I turned it off.

http://warpedinblue,blogspot.com/

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Yella wrote:

It was good for two seconds then it went to shit and I turned it off.

He had a good enough idea to create a billion youtube views and we can't take that away from him. Similar to those one-hit-wonder bands in the past who had a good enough idea to sell a million copies of a record. But just like those bands, it appears he only had the one idea. lol

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum