Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Science........how old is the Grand Canyon

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

2seaoat

http://science.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/04/11/17709149-debate-over-grand-canyons-age-runs-deep?lite&ocid=msnhp&pos=3

When I visited AZ a month ago....this question came to my mind as we visited the petrified forest and looked at some of the canyons........We argue about Global warming and what will happen in the future......yet we cannot even get dates to agree.....10 million here.....10 million......there.......pretty soon we look like we really do not have all the answers we thought we had.

knothead

knothead

Having lived in Page, AZ while working on "Greatest Story' I was 30 minutes from the north rim and it still to this day is fascinating to me. Perhaps one of our Libertarian members can explain how this is a Liberal conspiracy . . . . . just sayin!

I havnt looked at your link yet, but I do recall how it was carved from water and I think that is fascinating.

thinking about the entire geography of the countries landscape was shaped is pretty cool to me.

Cool

I think the most fascinating place geographically speaking is probably Hawaii. it is the tallest mountain on EARTH.

knothead

knothead

Chrissy wrote:I havnt looked at your link yet, but I do recall how it was carved from water and I think that is fascinating.

thinking about the entire geography of the countries landscape was shaped is pretty cool to me.

Cool

I think the most fascinating place geographically speaking is probably Hawaii. it is the tallest mountain on EARTH.

Chrissy, perhaps you have been there but having lived in Page, AZ I can tell you it is a beautifu area to VISIT . . . . . it was 147 miles north of Flagstaff and 74 miles from Cedar City, UT . . . . . talk about the middle of nowhere!!!

2seaoat

Chrissy, perhaps you have been there but having lived in Page, AZ I can tell you it is a beautifu area to VISIT . . . . . it was 147 miles north of Flagstaff and 74 miles from Cedar City, UT . . . . . talk about the middle of nowhere!!!

I have been there and it is really beautiful. I had a pontoon boat weekly rental on my bucket list.....will not happen. I never really had a whitewater canyon ride on my bucket list.....I have done a lot of whitewater, and had a bad experience on the Wolf River in Wisconsin. Also, a good friend lost his son in a Colorado whitewater rafting accident in his freshman year in college....it was one of the most sad tragedies our community had experienced. I am quite happy to stand on the rim and just marvel at the beauty and mystery of this natural wonder.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum