Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

America's Jail population has quadrupled since 1980

+2
TEOTWAWKI
2seaoat
6 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

2seaoat

Do you think that might explain in part why since 1980 our economic policies have also been a failure of growing proportion? We have created this huge governmental response to illegal drugs commonly called the drug war, and we have shifted productive resources to paying room and board at 40k minimum per year for 4 times the people then when President Carter was in office......when will we address this insanity?

http://inhisserviceweb.com/prison_statistics.htm

Home of the free.. Shocked

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

2seaoat wrote:Do you think that might explain in part why since 1980 our economic policies have also been a failure of growing proportion? We have created this huge governmental response to illegal drugs commonly called the drug war, and we have shifted productive resources to paying room and board at 40k minimum per year for 4 times the people then when President Carter was in office......when will we address this insanity?

It isn't prison it's a corporation that needs slaves....

2seaoat

It isn't prison it's a corporation that needs slaves....

Part of that conditioning starts in our schools when active young boys do not sit down in class and be totally compliant, they are systematically broken down, as male drop out rates have inverted over the last 30 years with females, and grown men can be kicked and have balls thrown at them and the mindset is so complete that they take the abuse. Hell, kids used to do pranks, and today they face felony charges. We have set up a punitive society to keep people in their place, and it is not by happen stance that the American labor movement has been neutered during this same period.

I am sick of this wusification of America. I want the Texas standard of fighting words to become the national standard......if somebody gets in your face and disrespects or bullies you......that physical response is acceptable in our society.....we cannot spank, we cannot respond in kind to a coach who abuses....and Sal thinks that me advocating physical responses to subjugation and abuse compounds the problem.......over a half million people died to free the slaves.....and how many ankle bracelets have to be put on a free people before they fight back?

Sal

Sal

2seaoat wrote:It isn't prison it's a corporation that needs slaves....

Part of that conditioning starts in our schools when active young boys do not sit down in class and be totally compliant, they are systematically broken down, as male drop out rates have inverted over the last 30 years with females, and grown men can be kicked and have balls thrown at them and the mindset is so complete that they take the abuse. Hell, kids used to do pranks, and today they face felony charges. We have set up a punitive society to keep people in their place, and it is not by happen stance that the American labor movement has been neutered during this same period.

I am sick of this wusification of America. I want the Texas standard of fighting words to become the national standard......if somebody gets in your face and disrespects or bullies you......that physical response is acceptable in our society.....we cannot spank, we cannot respond in kind to a coach who abuses....and Sal thinks that me advocating physical responses to subjugation and abuse compounds the problem.......over a half million people died to free the slaves.....and how many ankle bracelets have to be put on a free people before they fight back?

I think you're fucking insane, is what I think.

Our public schools are portrayed as some sort of dystopian Lord of the Rings nightmare, and you want to pretend that we have a crisis of kids refusing to rebel against authority figures.

We have a bad coach who abused his position of authority and you conflate it with everything from the labor unions' decline to prison populations to slavery, for gawd's sake.

Give me a break.

There's is no "wussification" of America.

That's just a bad idea that you've let run wild in your fevered imagination.

2seaoat

I think you're fucking insane, is what I think.

A proportionally large segment of our population is finding jail cells and dropping out.......they are subjugated, and given up on in about the fifth or sixth grade as school loses it relevancy, and as corporal punishment has been removed from our schools, yet at the same time, other countries have no problem with corporal punishment in their schools. A friend of mine who taught English and was the wrestling coach worked in a district 30 years ago where they used a paddle to punish offenders. They would be sent to the principal's office and get a few whacks for their behavior. He is now the head honcho of a 3000 student district, and he thinks the entire educational model has failed.....and that small district he started in had it correct.....that absent real deterrent in a school setting, these kids have just been cast out.....societies problems as we fill our jails.......no, Sal, I have physically been disciplined. I have responded to aggressors with physical responses, and I have spent 35 years of listening to my wife come home and talk about how boys are systematically being broken down in a system which guarantees our jails will fill up.

I am advocating the option of physical discipline within our schools. I am advocating that when a person thinks they can get in your face and intimidate you with fighting words.....that in fact you can respond. I am advocating reducing our jail populations by at least half, and put an end to the virtual slavery and subjugation of large segments of the American population which T has always talked about........and I am advocating if someone throws a ball at you or shoves you.....that you sure as hell do not have to stand there and take it.....so if that is insane.....sir....can I have some more.......

Sal

Sal

2seaoat wrote:I think you're fucking insane, is what I think.

A proportionally large segment of our population is finding jail cells and dropping out.......they are subjugated, and given up on in about the fifth or sixth grade as school loses it relevancy, and as corporal punishment has been removed from our schools, yet at the same time, other countries have no problem with corporal punishment in their schools. A friend of mine who taught English and was the wrestling coach worked in a district 30 years ago where they used a paddle to punish offenders. They would be sent to the principal's office and get a few whacks for their behavior. He is now the head honcho of a 3000 student district, and he thinks the entire educational model has failed.....and that small district he started in had it correct.....that absent real deterrent in a school setting, these kids have just been cast out.....societies problems as we fill our jails.......no, Sal, I have physically been disciplined. I have responded to aggressors with physical responses, and I have spent 35 years of listening to my wife come home and talk about how boys are systematically being broken down in a system which guarantees our jails will fill up.

I am advocating the option of physical discipline within our schools. I am advocating that when a person thinks they can get in your face and intimidate you with fighting words.....that in fact you can respond. I am advocating reducing our jail populations by at least half, and put an end to the virtual slavery and subjugation of large segments of the American population which T has always talked about........and I am advocating if someone throws a ball at you or shoves you.....that you sure as hell do not have to stand there and take it.....so if that is insane.....sir....can I have some more.......

Kids aren't rebelling against authority figures because we're not hitting them enough???

You are fucking insane!

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

2seaoat wrote:I think you're fucking insane, is what I think.

You are advocating corporal punishment and descrying it at the same time. You're not making sense. I personally do not cede the right of parental responsibility to school personnel. I have seen incompetent teachers who didn't belong in the classroom. All it takes is for the parents to stand up to these bullies...because they invariably ARE bullies...and tell them in no uncertain terms that their child will not be a target for their frustrations. If that somehow doesn't solve the problem, the principal is the next step. And if that doesn't work, the school board is next. No one has to hit children; expulsion is available as a remedy...temporary or permanent. If the problem with the child is real, the burden to correct it will fall where it belongs...on the parents. There are alternative programs for incorrigible kids...sometimes it takes that to get through to the kids, but it's usually because the parents haven't been doing their job, or are stretched too thin trying to meet the basic necessities. And no parent should take only the word of the teacher that their child should be medicated.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Here's the problem with jail populations...corrupt judges, corrupt prosecutors, and PRIVATE FOR-PROFIT PRISONS.

2seaoat

Kids aren't rebelling against authority figures because we're not hitting them enough???

You are fucking insane!

No, I am certain that the current results of our educational system are failing. That expelling kids from the structure of school to the lack of structure in their personal lives where drugs and poverty create the context is insanity. We give up on kids. We create the rubber stamp of zero tolerance over the last 30 years which rather than dealing with kids, we pass the problem down the road. Sal, the truth is that in the absence of corporal punishment as an alternative, our schools have abandoned these children, or in the alternative so broken down their spirit that they have been painted into a box of failure as early as the 4th and 5th grade. My wife could identify kids who were given up on by the system by 5th grade, and could predict with remarkable accuracy who would end up in jail or prison. It is not that she is a soothsayer, rather the tools to deal with disruptive students have been so limited that it is either abandon them to a life boat with no chance of survival or sink the ship with all the other kids going down.....we have both.

Yes, I am advocating limited use of corporal punishment in the schools. I would seek statutory guidelines and input from Child experts as to the best way to incorporate a sliding scale of response which does not simply give up on the student but uses all available tools for modification of self destructive behavior which allows students to remain in school and find success. I do not want to see students bullied or abused, but what has evolved is this neutering of male students or simply an abandonment of the same. My friend found that corporal punishment which was fair and defined was an excellent deterrent and worked with male students. How many more generations of kids have to be lost before you understand what really is insane. However, if there are better ways to get male student to not simply give up on education, I am all ears, and certainly do not think corporal punishment is the best or only method.....our toolbox is empty and we are failing.

2seaoat

Here's the problem with jail populations...corrupt judges, corrupt prosecutors, and PRIVATE FOR-PROFIT PRISONS.

I have never in my life known personally a corrupt judge or corrupt prosecutor, rather I have known do gooder legislators who pass laws which take discretion away from prosecutors and judges and fill our jails.........and those politicians are taking campaign contributions from private for profit prisons......which all studies now agree, are not less expensive than our traditional state owned facilities in the long term.

Sal

Sal

2seaoat wrote:I do not want to see students bullied or abused, but what has evolved is this neutering of male students or simply an abandonment of the same.

Male students are being neutered because they're not being beaten enough?

Riiiiight ...

Rolling Eyes

2seaoat wrote:Do you think that might explain in part why since 1980 our economic policies have also been a failure of growing proportion? We have created this huge governmental response to illegal drugs commonly called the drug war, and we have shifted productive resources to paying room and board at 40k minimum per year for 4 times the people then when President Carter was in office......when will we address this insanity?

Or maybe it is because of the breakup of the traditional family unit where most homes always had a father at home? Fathers have a strange way of keeping kids in check. In the African American community, there is a huge lack of fathers unmarried to mothers of children and I would bet you could corroborate this with your stats of rising prison population. You've even said yourself that African Americans make up a substantially larger portion of the prison system than their demographic represents outside of prison.

Last edited by PACEDOG#1 on 4/11/2013, 3:48 pm; edited 1 time in total

stormwatch89

stormwatch89

You and I don't always agree, SO. But I'm with you on this one.

I spent years of my "education" in prisons and have probably seen the worst of humanity.

We need to get to them young...........how?

2seaoat

Male students are being neutered because they're not being beaten enough?

Riiiiight ...

Exactly.....have you raised a female child and a male child. Did you notice any difference. Are the differences in gender .....nurture ....or genetic and hormonal code as our species has evolved. I had male and female children. I have male and female grandchildren. Just watch the difference as to how boys and girls play, yet in our battle against sexual discrimination, we create legal equality without often looking at real development differences between boys and girls. With my daughter and my granddaughter a simple stern word usually gets a response and compliance, yet with my son and grandson......they often simply do not respond to those verbal commands without some realistic modifier......and personally time outs are just one tool, and somehow that is all that is now available. I believe in controlled and defined spanking as an option, and I am sorry boys play and run around and release tremendous energy which in the context of a school environment needs to be modified.....and our current system does not modify it....they give up.....where if the toolbox of corporal punishment was once again available, maybe boys would not have to be abandoned..............and yes this soft compliant world of words has helped create grown men who can be abused by authority figures.....again abused, but my coach in high school did not get too upset with us for screwing around in gym class.....he did not give us detention.....he did not send us to the principal to get suspended or expelled.....he had us come in after school and work on some wrestling moves with him giving the lessons.....we had no problem complying with his future directions as he showed us various take down methods..........I am insane.......and the current educational system and our prisons are sanity......yep.....you sell that to the jury of your peers......I do not think you can close that deal.

Seaoat... this is just the result of politically correct social engineering. Nothing to see here... move along folks.

2seaoat

Or maybe it is because of the breakup of the traditional family unit where most homes always had a father at home? Fathers have a strange way of keeping kids in check. In the African American community, there is a huge lack of fathers unmarried to mothers of children and I would bet you could corroborate this with your stats of rising prison population. You've even said yourself that African Americans make up a substantially larger portion of the prison system than their demographic represents outside of prison.

I so agree to the role of fathers in society and when you are seeing close to 45% of children born out of wedlock and woman by themselves raising boys.....well......therein lies part of my hypothesis on the wusification of America.......boys being raised without the guidance of fathers......fathers who have spanking as an option....not abusing children, but well thought out corporal punishment strategies which start with the assumption that we will work diligently to avoid the use of this method. I will fight to the day I die that my daughter, and granddaughters should have equal opportunity, but when we deny the real gender differences and think that female discipline is going to work with young males........sorry.....I am old school on this subject, and I think the results of our schools speak for itself, and four times the prison population during the same period that corporal punishment in our schools has been eliminated is not random.......there is a correlation, and submissive and broken boys neutered in a system which denies the differences in the sexes......is not going to be solved by more talking and abandoning young boys by middle school.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Yes rather than spank them which does little permanent damage lets pump them full of Ritalin or call the police to cuff the little buggers and haul them into a world of terror and adult situations...fricken dumbass useless mouth-breathing liberals need to call a septic tank company and have their brains pumped out.....

They outlawed dodgeball after my sophomore year in hs. I did get a few paddlings as a senior tho. (1980)

2seaoat

Look we tried the wusification of America way....and by any traditional standard we have failed......let us just take a few steps back and look at corporal punishment in our schools as not abusing children, but saving them from the abuse of this broken system which would rather give up on a kid and see them spend most of their adult life in prison.......versus the very poor choice of corporal punishment as a last resort.....but a viable tool in our schools.......I for one do not want to hear about abusing kids with spanking.....I am talking about strict guidelines under constant review.....rather we cannot justify 400% increases in our prisons in just 30 years without looking at maybe visting taboo subjects and discovering that thousands of years of human experience and family structure are not completely wrong.

Why stop there? Our society has been wussified... our nature subverted. The entire nanny-police state must go.

Hunger is a great motivator... like most base human fears. Don't work... ya don't eat. Very few exceptions.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

PkrBum wrote:Why stop there? Our society has been wussified... our nature subverted. The entire nanny-police state must go.

Hunger is a great motivator... like most base human fears. Don't work... ya don't eat. Very few exceptions.

Well it seems all the women in congress and dickless men are hell bent on making masculine men an endangered species. Men should drop out and let the women fend for themselves that support this nancification of society. I won't be found caring when all those invading horney young Chinamen come looking for a happy ending shag from a plus sized American feminista.Hey liberal women, I got a fortune cookie for you.

2seaoat wrote:It isn't prison it's a corporation that needs slaves....

I am surprised a man as educated as you are advocates this? It is ignorant and archaic. Violence begets violence and all you do teach your kids that is the way to solve problems. Most of the kids who have behavior problems have been beaten within an inch of their life anyway. So how does beating them more solve anything? Sal is right. People like you compound the problem of violence we have in society. It comes from that old religious upbringing.Sad but true.

2seaoat wrote:Male students are being neutered because they're not being beaten enough?

Riiiiight ...

Exactly.....have you raised a female child and a male child. Did you notice any difference. Are the differences in gender .....nurture ....or genetic and hormonal code as our species has evolved. I had male and female children. I have male and female grandchildren. Just watch the difference as to how boys and girls play, yet in our battle against sexual discrimination, we create legal equality without often looking at real development differences between boys and girls. With my daughter and my granddaughter a simple stern word usually gets a response and compliance, yet with my son and grandson......they often simply do not respond to those verbal commands without some realistic modifier......and personally time outs are just one tool, and somehow that is all that is now available. I believe in controlled and defined spanking as an option, and I am sorry boys play and run around and release tremendous energy which in the context of a school environment needs to be modified.....and our current system does not modify it....they give up.....where if the toolbox of corporal punishment was once again available, maybe boys would not have to be abandoned..............and yes this soft compliant world of words has helped create grown men who can be abused by authority figures.....again abused, but my coach in high school did not get too upset with us for screwing around in gym class.....he did not give us detention.....he did not send us to the principal to get suspended or expelled.....he had us come in after school and work on some wrestling moves with him giving the lessons.....we had no problem complying with his future directions as he showed us various take down methods..........I am insane.......and the current educational system and our prisons are sanity......yep.....you sell that to the jury of your peers......I do not think you can close that deal.

You are insane if you think that's the problem.

TEOTWAWKI wrote:
PkrBum wrote:Why stop there? Our society has been wussified... our nature subverted. The entire nanny-police state must go.

Well it seems all the women in congress and dickless men are hell bent on making masculine men an endangered species. Men should drop out and let the women fend for themselves that support this nancification of society. I won't be found caring when all those invading horney young Chinamen come looking for a happy ending shag from a plus sized American feminista.Hey liberal women, I got a fortune cookie for you.

speaking purely for myself. I think id be a lot happier if there were less dickless men. Im tired of wearing the dick Razz

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum