Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Well seaoat I broke down and watched the new Lincoln movie....

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

I was especially sad when the vampire slave trader killed his Momma. Also i thought him choosing an axe over a gun was a subtle way of dissing the 2nd amendment...of course guns don't work well on vampires.... Evil or Very Mad

I saw them both. The vampire movie was more interesting than that Spielberg film. I didn't know Lincoln's son died because he was bitten by a vampire. Very educational.

2seaoat

I love this place.......

TEOTWAWKI wrote:I was especially sad when the vampire slave trader killed his Momma. Also i thought him choosing an axe over a gun was a subtle way of dissing the 2nd amendment...of course guns don't work well on vampires.... Evil or Very Mad

See I didn't put him in the wood chipper. Welcome back Teo!

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Dreamsglore wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:I was especially sad when the vampire slave trader killed his Momma. Also i thought him choosing an axe over a gun was a subtle way of dissing the 2nd amendment...of course guns don't work well on vampires.... Evil or Very Mad

Hello Dreams...I was just dropping in to say hi..been real busy since I "retired". Had to razz seaoat a tad.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

TEOTWAWKI wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:

Hello Dreams...I was just dropping in to say hi..been real busy since I "retired". Had to razz seaoat a tad.

We need to stir things up a bit. How about we go start an anti-Zionist thread over in the politics section......?

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

TEOTWAWKI wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:

As you can see he's still trying to bullshit people. He thinks he's a lawyer now.

bluemoon wrote:I saw them both. The vampire movie was more interesting than that Spielberg film. I didn't know Lincoln's son died because he was bitten by a vampire. Very educational.

I wasn't awed by it either. Stayed up and watched it last night and think it was overrated.

Dreamsglore wrote:
bluemoon wrote:I saw them both. The vampire movie was more interesting than that Spielberg film. I didn't know Lincoln's son died because he was bitten by a vampire. Very educational.

I wasn't awed by it either. Stayed up and watched it last night and think it was overrated.

I went to see it with my next door neighbor and about halfway through she asked me if I wanted to give up on it and go home. She said all the bickering and partisanship reminded her of Congress today. It wasn't what we expected. We stayed till the end but just like you, I wasn't that impressed.

2seaoat

As you can see he's still trying to bullshit people. He thinks he's a lawyer now.

I heard that Abe Lincoln as a young man was an avid reader.....he actually comprehended what he was reading......that is very rare these days. I am in the minority on this one........Lincoln was a classic movie....I need to see what Ebert wrote prior to his passing.

2seaoat

Ebert

I've rarely been more aware than during Steven Spielberg's "Lincoln" that Abraham Lincoln was a plain-spoken, practical, down-to-earth man from the farmlands of Kentucky, Indiana and Illinois. He had less than a year of formal education, and taught himself through his hungry reading of great books. I still recall from a childhood book the image of him taking a piece of charcoal and working out mathematics by writing on the back of a shovel.

Lincoln lacked social polish but he had great intelligence and knowledge of human nature. The hallmark of the man, performed so powerfully by Daniel Day-Lewis in "Lincoln," is calm self-confidence, patience and a willingness to play politics in a realistic way.

I could not agree more.

Sal

Sal

I watched it over the weekend.

I thought it was great.

I'll watch it again.

Daniel Day Lewis' portrayal was mesmerizing.

Even so, Argo was better.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum