Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Small cruise ship is a home run for Pensacola

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

2seaoat

http://www.pnj.com/article/20130401/NEWS01/130401004/Yorktown-arrives-Palafox-Pier

I know people who are taking small cruise ships on rivers in Europe. I think this evolving model is a home run for Pensacola.......Maybe Hallmark will agree with me on this one.

You are correct. It could be very very successful. Short cruises to New Orleans, Mobile and parts of the Mobile river system, even to the barrier islands of Mississippi.
One problem is that smaller boats(under 400 feet) can make people Sea sick or or induce motion sickness in bad weather.
Operational costs of small ships can be insane not to mention involvement of the alphabet soup of the different government agencys.

It could be done. There is a company on the Mississippi that does cruises on a Tug and barge. The possibilitees are endless but it is hard work and might not fit the direction that Pensacola is headed.

I like it so I doubt if any thing will ever come of it LOL

stormwatch89

stormwatch89

2seaoat wrote:http://www.pnj.com/article/20130401/NEWS01/130401004/Yorktown-arrives-Palafox-Pier

I know people who are taking small cruise ships on rivers in Europe. I think this evolving model is a home run for Pensacola.......Maybe Hallmark will agree with me on this one.

Love the idea!

Reminds me of Windjammer or Viking River Cruise type things, Yes! We have the locale that is PERFECT! Awesome thought!

YUP, YUP, YUP!

Watch for the new headline: STORMWATCH CRUISES! Very Happy

Last edited by stormwatch89 on 4/2/2013, 8:37 am; edited 1 time in total

stormwatch89

stormwatch89

Afterthought, anything that's refreshing like the above is instantly squashed by the thoughts of gov regs, liability suits and the general struggles of any new business.

Sigh...............it would take someone stronger than I.

Although, I'm happy to handle marketing! Not much liability there!

2seaoat wrote:http://www.pnj.com/article/20130401/NEWS01/130401004/Yorktown-arrives-Palafox-Pier

Europeans are crammed together like sardines and therefore the enterprise will make more money there than here.

We took a push boat(Tug) from here to Peoria Il. Took 11 days. One of my greatest adventures. It was really neat, going up the Black Warrior, the T-tom Etc. Watching the River Boat captains move their massive tows under bridges in the dark of night, in the rain, with winds was awe inspiring. It was about 20 years ago but I still think about it. Miles and miles of untouched waterfront.

You could market such a trip.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum