Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

They are 'Slamming' Cell Phones Now

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

I am really steamed over this. Beware of text messages from Jamster.com. If you open the text message, that cellphone number will be automatically enrolled in their $9.99 per month "service" providing ring-tones for 3-months. It is explained here:

http://techblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2010/02/jamster-text-message-scams-a-b.html

http://www.jamsterscam.com/

They hit my daughter's cellphone last night. She caught it and warned me of this. I checked her usage and saw the charge on my bill. I called Jamster and told them to cancel the subscription and refund my money. They said all they could do was suspend the subscription, not give a refund. I cussed these asswipes out and called my carrier (ATT). The person at ATT took care of it, and told me we had been charged by this company since January. She authorized a refund of all charges.

I filed an online complaint with the Florida Depatment of Consumer Services.

Shame on me for not looking at my cellphone bill with a microscope. A $9.99 charge can hide and go un-noticed, and that is what happened to me.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

2seaoat

I paid for an efax number for three years after I canceled the same, and then discovered it was still showing up on my credit card, I contacted them again, and it appeared on the next month credit card. I complained to the credit card, and for one month it was gone. It reappeared, and I cancelled the credit card and started getting emails that I owed them for the efax.....told them to pound on sand. I was paying 14 bucks for 36 months on something I had cancelled.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

There ought to be laws against this crap. I have been slammed before, but on my house-phone. My elderly inlaws were slammed and scammed for months until I started managing their finances and shut it down--their dementia was preyed upon by the slammer.

Don't get me started about telemarketers. We are on both the national and Florida 'Do Not Call' lists, and we still get telemarketing calls. Usually, they are robocalls trying to directly market you (illegally), or, they are a real person offering a 'free' home security system (or something similar).

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

cool1

cool1

Shocked Thanks Z I will let my daughter know. As far as those unwanted calls I tell them ..........Hello--yakyak did i give you my phone number?

yakyakyak ..DID I GIVE YOU MY PHONE NUMBER? ....YAKYAKYAK...dont call me anymore ...hang up-heehee Now if they keep calling--bill collectors well that happned to me and one kept on calling and calling so I asked my lawyer what to do one day in general conversation and he told me this---------when they call all you have to do is say may I have your address --they have to give it to you--after you get their address you tell them dont call anymore .

Then you sit down and write a letter to them --to whomever you are bothering me at home with your calls I am asking you to stop . Dont call my home anymore.

the next call document time they called then call your lawyer -now what most people dont know -- $1000 will be awarded to you each time --or its like a $1000 fine they have to pay lol and they dont want to pay that.

Now what I do for reg--callers I dont want to talk to is just pick the phone up like I am answering it --then I just hang it back up-works everytime.
Laughing

Markle

Markle

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:There ought to be laws against this crap. I have been slammed before, but on my house-phone. My elderly inlaws were slammed and scammed for months until I started managing their finances and shut it down--their dementia was preyed upon by the slammer.

Don't get me started about telemarketers. We are on both the national and Florida 'Do Not Call' lists, and we still get telemarketing calls. Usually, they are robocalls trying to directly market you (illegally), or, they are a real person offering a 'free' home security system (or something similar).

There are laws against these scams but they pop up in a location, operate for a while then move. Like playing one of those old computer games.

I'm on the do not call list and seldom if ever am bothered. Remember politicians and charities are exempt.

Legally you can tell someone who called you to not call this number again and they have to comply. Of course, whether they obey the law or not is another thing.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum