Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

DR. BEN CARSON FIRES BACK AT CRITICS WHO CLAIM CONSERVATIVES ARE ONLY EMBRACING HIM SO THEY CAN SAY THEY AREN’T RACIST

3 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

VectorMan

VectorMan

It wasn’t long after pediatric surgeon Dr. Ben Carson became an overnight star among conservatives for his epic speech at the National Prayer Breakfast that the left began attacking him. On Fox News Tuesday, Carson hit back.

Among his critics, far-left commentators like MSNBC’s Touré have argued that Carson is just a “token” for the GOP who is only helping conservatives “assuage their guilt” because they are racist.

Carson’s popularity among conservatives couldn’t have anything to do with the fact that not only is Dr. Carson a brilliant neurosurgeon, but he also has common sense ideas that appeal to a conservative base dying for real leaders, right? Not according to Touré, who says Carson is benefiting from “the GOP’s version of affirmative action.”

Responding very calmly — as he is known to do — on Fox News Tuesday, Carson lectured his critics, saying “if you don’t have anything useful to say, you attack people. If you feel that your house of cards has been discovered and is starting to come unraveled, you become very desperate.”

Though he would have arguably been justified, Carson did not name-call or use any of the tactics leveled against him. He also never called out Touré by name.

“Intelligent people tend to talk about the facts,” he added. “They don’t sit around and call each other names. That’s what you can find on a third grade playground…to sit around and act like third graders is not productive.”

Responding to the argument that some have made, that because he’s black he shouldn’t maintain a conservative opinion, Carson explained that those people are “prejudiced” and “they feel if you look a certain way, then you have to stay on the plantation.”

Dr. Carson lamented the fact that people have labeled him an “Uncle Tom” for his conservative principles. He said he doesn’t appreciate the term being applied to him, not because of the racist context of the term but because to describe him as such is historically inaccurate.

“I’ve heard some people to refer to me as an ‘Uncle Tom,’” Carson said. “Obviously, they don’t know what an Uncle Tom is because they need to read Harriet Beacher Stowe’s novel ‘Uncle Tom’s Cabin.’ And they’ll see he was a very subservient, kind of go along get along type of person. Obviously that is not what I’m doing.”

He also said the left, and some factions of the right, “try to make life so unpleasant for anybody who disagrees with them that people will keep silent.”

“I’m trying to get people to speak up,” he added.

Video at:
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/03/26/dr-ben-carson-fires-back-at-msnbcs-toure-others-that-claim-conservatives-are-only-embracing-him-so-they-can-say-they-arent-racist/

VectorMan wrote:It wasn’t long after pediatric surgeon Dr. Ben Carson became an overnight star among conservatives for his epic speech at the National Prayer Breakfast that the left began attacking him. On Fox News Tuesday, Carson hit back.

Among his critics, far-left commentators like MSNBC’s Touré have argued that Carson is just a “token” for the GOP who is only helping conservatives “assuage their guilt” because they are racist.

Carson’s popularity among conservatives couldn’t have anything to do with the fact that not only is Dr. Carson a brilliant neurosurgeon, but he also has common sense ideas that appeal to a conservative base dying for real leaders, right? Not according to Touré, who says Carson is benefiting from “the GOP’s version of affirmative action.”

Responding very calmly — as he is known to do — on Fox News Tuesday, Carson lectured his critics, saying “if you don’t have anything useful to say, you attack people. If you feel that your house of cards has been discovered and is starting to come unraveled, you become very desperate.”

Though he would have arguably been justified, Carson did not name-call or use any of the tactics leveled against him. He also never called out Touré by name.

“Intelligent people tend to talk about the facts,” he added. “They don’t sit around and call each other names. That’s what you can find on a third grade playground…to sit around and act like third graders is not productive.”

Responding to the argument that some have made, that because he’s black he shouldn’t maintain a conservative opinion, Carson explained that those people are “prejudiced” and “they feel if you look a certain way, then you have to stay on the plantation.”

Dr. Carson lamented the fact that people have labeled him an “Uncle Tom” for his conservative principles. He said he doesn’t appreciate the term being applied to him, not because of the racist context of the term but because to describe him as such is historically inaccurate.

“I’ve heard some people to refer to me as an ‘Uncle Tom,’” Carson said. “Obviously, they don’t know what an Uncle Tom is because they need to read Harriet Beacher Stowe’s novel ‘Uncle Tom’s Cabin.’ And they’ll see he was a very subservient, kind of go along get along type of person. Obviously that is not what I’m doing.”

He also said the left, and some factions of the right, “try to make life so unpleasant for anybody who disagrees with them that people will keep silent.”

“I’m trying to get people to speak up,” he added.

Video at:
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/03/26/dr-ben-carson-fires-back-at-msnbcs-toure-others-that-claim-conservatives-are-only-embracing-him-so-they-can-say-they-arent-racist/

Must really fear this gentleman if they are continuing to take the cheap shots at him..Promoting an agenda of getting people to think will certainly make some nervous...

So the cheap shots are fear driven...?

That explains why you and your little neo-con buddies are constantly taking cheap shots at Pres. Obama and the !st Family.

Fear.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

binac wrote:So the cheap shots are fear driven...?

That explains why you and your little neo-con buddies are constantly taking cheap shots at Pres. Obama and the !st Family.

Fear.

Careful, there, binac...your parallel only works if the dark-skinned person is a "conservative"...or, in today's GOP, a card-carrying lunatic.

Sal

Sal

newswatcher wrote:

Must really fear this gentleman if they are continuing to take the cheap shots at him..Promoting an agenda of getting people to think will certainly make some nervous...

Yep.

You nailed it.

We're scared of him.

Just as we were scared of Sarah Palin, Rick Perry, Newt Gingrich, Herman Cain, Michele Bachmann, and Rick Santorum.

You are a fearsome band of imbeciles.

VectorMan

VectorMan

Dr. Carson just makes it harder for liberals to play their worn out race card. Which is always a good thing. You libs need to get a handle on that. Or not. Credibility means nothing to you.

I'm sure there are people out there that don't like Obama because of the color of half his skin. Otherwise his agenda is what makes even more people dislike his idiocy.

VectorMan wrote:Dr. Carson just makes it harder for liberals to play their worn out race card. Which is always a good thing. You libs need to get a handle on that. Or not. Credibility means nothing to you.

I'm sure there are people out there that don't like Obama because of the color of half his skin. Otherwise his agenda is what makes even more people dislike his idiocy.

That's fabulous, coming from a beck-head. LOL.

Carry on and on and on.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

VectorMan wrote:Dr. Carson just makes it harder for liberals to play their worn out race card. Which is always a good thing. You libs need to get a handle on that. Or not. Credibility means nothing to you.

You know what, Hyde, credibility means EVERYTHING to me, because it's based on INTEGRITY. I'm tired of your cheap shots day after blankin' day. You CONS need to BACK THE HELL OFF. Obama's "agenda" has staved off a depression and is moving the country in the right direction, as opposed to his predecessor, who squandered everything we once stood for and made a mockery of our country in the rest of the world. And he can't travel to some parts of it because he's wanted as a war criminal in some places; unfortunately, not here...but there's no statute of limitations on MURDER. And you need to get a handle on THAT.

Liberals do not give one shit about blacks, gays whatever. They only break people down into groups so they can manage them better.

or should I say they don't like gay republicans, black republicans etc etc etc ... doesn't fit their agenda.

when their agenda should be for all Americans, but oh wait, they hate America and pretty much anybody in it that aint in a group they can pander too.

Chrissy wrote:Liberals do not give one shit about blacks, gays whatever. They only break people down into groups so they can manage them better.

or should I say they don't like gay republicans, black republicans etc etc etc ... doesn't fit their agenda.

when their agenda should be for all Americans, but oh wait, they hate America and pretty much anybody in it that aint in a group they can pander too.

What do you get out of posting such over the top gross generalizations and out right lies....?

I do not get it, so please....explain why you constantly take a shit on the forum while claiming to be a super intellectual, forced to painfully tolerate (sorta) the Plebians and every liberal that ever lived since Moses was a road guard in Egypt....?

Oh, the humanity.

VectorMan

VectorMan

Floridatexan wrote:

You know what, Hyde, credibility means EVERYTHING to me, because it's based on INTEGRITY. I'm tired of your cheap shots day after blankin' day. You CONS need to BACK THE HELL OFF. Obama's "agenda" has staved off a depression and is moving the country in the right direction, as opposed to his predecessor, who squandered everything we once stood for and made a mockery of our country in the rest of the world. And he can't travel to some parts of it because he's wanted as a war criminal in some places; unfortunately, not here...but there's no statute of limitations on MURDER. And you need to get a handle on THAT.

We'll BACK THE HELL OFF when people like you and yours shut your freaking pie holes. If you don't like the cheap shots don't read them. It's not rocket science. I think even you could figure that one out. I'm hardly ever on here day after blankin' day. Blaming Bush isn't going to work anymore and you libtards need to BACK THE HELL OFF of that BS. Now get a handle on it crazy woman! LOL

VectorMan

VectorMan

binac wrote:

That's fabulous, coming from a beck-head. LOL.

Carry on and on and on.

Why thank you. Thank you very much.

Call me a Beck-Head all you want. How fagulos! You don't want me to call you the kind of "head" I think you are. I'm sure anyone could guess. LOL

Now lean forward or something else non-life-threatening.

binac wrote:
Chrissy wrote:Liberals do not give one shit about blacks, gays whatever. They only break people down into groups so they can manage them better.

What do you get out of posting such over the top gross generalizations and out right lies....?

I do not get it, so please....explain why you constantly take a shit on the forum while claiming to be a super intellectual, forced to painfully tolerate (sorta) the Plebians and every liberal that ever lived since Moses was a road guard in Egypt....?

Oh, the humanity.

I don't need your false sense of verbiage to brain fuck myself with every thought. I am a different alien than you.

a better one.

so lets get straight to the shit because I wont fuck with your shitty pencil much. It stinks to me and needs to be sharpened to a nub.

The left uses people only for political gain, they do not have a real caring agenda to promote either gays or blacks etc etc etc.

Let me prove this simply so you shut up and we can part out ways again.

I support helping children who have cancer. when I give my money or become in some activity I don't think about is their parent s a republican or a democrat. I do it fully because I care about the cause from my heart, same with breast cancer, I support those charities and causes and I don't go oh is that cancer stricken woman a republican. no I don't.

liberals do not support blacks on the same level as they claim, because they don't support black republicans. They don't support gays either, because they don't support gay republicans.

so really all liberals support is other liberals but they ill use any status to make a imaginary connection they can because they are manipulative.

Good day

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

How could you possibly know? You've never had a charitable thought in your life. Only what's good for Chrissy...right? Except you don't even know what's in your best interest. Or when to shut up.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

VectorMan wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:

We'll BACK THE HELL OFF when people like you and yours shut your freaking pie holes. If you don't like the cheap shots don't read them. It's not rocket science. I think even you could figure that one out. I'm hardly ever on here day after blankin' day. Blaming Bush isn't going to work anymore and you libtards need to BACK THE HELL OFF of that BS. Now get a handle on it crazy woman! LOL

If that's how you want to play it, then to hell with you and everyone you associate with. I'm sick of your insults; you're the one who starts the crap; but, honey, I'm the one who's going to finish it.

And yo mama.

Floridatexan wrote:
VectorMan wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:

If that's how you want to play it, then to hell with you and everyone you associate with. I'm sick of your insults; you're the one who starts the crap; but, honey, I'm the one who's going to finish it.

And yo mama.

Another extortionist here on the forum

VectorMan

VectorMan

Floridatexan wrote:
VectorMan wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:

And yo mama.

Sure, honey. You go right ahead and finish it up.

I've been reading your BS for years. You've got no room saying a damn thing about insults, honey. How you can even think about saying I started the "crap" is beyond the pale. You can kiss my ass! THEN, to hell with you and everyone you associate with.

And, as a little side note, now is not the time to get sick. Obama will put you before the death panels. You don't want that. Or yo mama! Thought you'd want to know.

VectorMan

VectorMan

binac wrote:Death panels....????

Moron.

Moron? Coming from you that's hilarious. LOL

Typical liberal. Wouldn't know a joke if it came up and bit you on the ass. Typical.

VectorMan wrote:
binac wrote:Death panels....????

Moron.

Moron? Coming from you that's hilarious. LOL

Typical liberal. Wouldn't know a joke if it came up and bit you on the ass. Typical.

You say so much absurd crap it's hard to tell if you're ever joking.

Sal

Sal

VectorMan wrote:Wouldn't know a joke if it came up and bit you on the ass. Typical.[/b]

Joke?

Then you accept there are no death panels?

Why in the hell would you continue to subscribe to a movement that constantly lies to you then?

VectorMan

VectorMan

Sal wrote:
VectorMan wrote:Wouldn't know a joke if it came up and bit you on the ass. Typical.[/b]

Joke?

Then you accept there are no death panels?

Why in the hell would you continue to subscribe to a movement that constantly lies to you then?

They may not call them death panels, but rationing your health care will be the same thing. If you're older, be careful who you support in your movement.

I'm conservative. I don't listen to all the blow-hard republicans. I read a lot and have my own thoughts and ideas.

Why do you support a president that constantly lies through his teeth?

Why do you support Beck when he constantly lies through his teeth...?

VectorMan

VectorMan

binac wrote:Why do you support Beck when he constantly lies through his teeth...?

Exactly what lies would those be? Please be specific. And, his opinion doesn't count.

Just so you know, I don't support Beck or listen to him. I do read stuff from his web site "The Blaze" and many, many other sites, to include the uber liberal ones. And, if you find any lies there (The Blaze), please let me know.

VectorMan wrote:
binac wrote:Why do you support Beck when he constantly lies through his teeth...?

Exactly what lies would those be? Please be specific. And, his opinion doesn't count.

Just so you know, I don't support Beck or listen to him. I do read stuff from his web site "The Blaze" and many, many other sites, to include the uber liberal ones. And, if you find any lies there (The Blaze), please let me know.

Good grief lizard brain. I have way better things to do than sift through beck's heifer dust and point out the lies, distortions, and abject buffoonery.

And FTR, The Blaze sounds like the name of a gay strip club.

But hey, if ya want some lies, just google his involvement with those gold coin folk he pushes like crack in the hood. Preying on the elderly and such.

Just sayin'

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum