Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

George Soros's son starts his own super pac to combat right wing pacs

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Kai Ryssdal: Today's money in politics story comes to us with a 'like father like son' twist to it. Jonathan Soros, son of liberal financier George, is taking after dad by funding a political project of his own. Soros-the-younger says he wants to reduce the influence of big money in politics.

And bear with me now, 'cause this is where this story gets a little weird. The way he's going to fight Super PACs? By launching a super PAC.

Marketplace's Mark Garrison tries to make some sense of it.
http://www.marketplace.org/topics/elections/soros-pac-end-all-super-pacs

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

[quote="othershoe1030"]Kai Ryssdal: Today's money in politics story comes to us with a 'like father like son' twist to it. Jonathan Soros, son of liberal financier George, is taking after dad by funding a political project of his own. Soros-the-younger says he wants to reduce the influence of big money in politics.

And bear with me now, 'cause this is where this story gets a little weird. The way he's going to fight Super PACs? By launching a super PAC.

Marketplace's Mark Garrison tries to make some sense of it.
http://www.marketplace.org/topics/elections/soros-pac-end-all-super-pacs[

So - he's using fire to fight fire. Makes sense to me.

Somtimes one has to go where an argument is being fought in order to win it.

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

It's like the R's want the D's to fight with both hands tied behind their backs. It doesn't work that way. I heard a piece on the radio today that there are 17 people contributing 60% of campaign money this cycle. Now how is that 'democracy in action'?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum