Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Seaoat tries for a three peat on Sunday

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

2seaoat

Final table 6th place last Sunday with 105 players for a cash of 800, cash play for the week another 800, and Wed. Tournament 4,200 with a win 1st place over 90 players, and Sunday to complete the threepeat.......6,500 winner's purse......three final tables in a week would be sweet. I cannot run.....hardly can play golf.....not doing a very good job debating here anymore......but damn.....I think I am becoming a pretty fair poker player. Too bad we could not have a link for forum members to play poker at an invitation site where it was play money.....we could have fun.....although it is not the same as live poker, but we could simply use our handles from the forum.....although I would not have much time for that right now.......way too much fun taking down donkeys for real money.

Seaoat, I disagree with your soft mixed up philosophy's.

But I do wish you the best and hope you win.

I send up a little fairy fairy prayer for you.

Seaoat tries for a three peat on Sunday Fairy_10

2seaoat

I do wish you the best and hope you win.

Thank you.....the reason I am so excited is that going to the big show in Vegas for the World Series of Poker has been on my bucket list.....I simply did not have the skills to put 10k down and expect to be able to grind out 80 hours of poker before getting to the breakeven point with 8k very good players. I am playing in the minors sort of speak, and I am having very good results, and I am holding up well in 6 hour tournaments.......I have even tried some 14 hour days in cash games to test my strength, but I have a tendency to fall asleep at the table and the dealers politely wake me.....the other players think it is a tactic.....but .....well.....I fall asleep and I tire easily.....that is why the trend in the World Series is for 20-40 year old players, and not the over 60 group......so for the next 6 weeks I am going to hit it hard.....and who knows.....I may pull the trigger if I can come out of the minors with some wins. I am thinking of Rocky....when he runs up the stairs to the Statute......drinking raw eggs.....and hitting hanging meat in a locker......or I could find my comfortable lazy boy and take a nap.

2seaoat wrote:I do wish you the best and hope you win.

Thank you.....the reason I am so excited is that going to the big show in Vegas for the World Series of Poker has been on my bucket list.....I simply did not have the skills to put 10k down and expect to be able to grind out 80 hours of poker before getting to the breakeven point with 8k very good players. I am playing in the minors sort of speak, and I am having very good results, and I am holding up well in 6 hour tournaments.......I have even tried some 14 hour days in cash games to test my strength, but I have a tendency to fall asleep at the table and the dealers politely wake me.....the other players think it is a tactic.....but .....well.....I fall asleep and I tire easily.....that is why the trend in the World Series is for 20-40 year old players, and not the over 60 group......so for the next 6 weeks I am going to hit it hard.....and who knows.....I may pull the trigger if I can come out of the minors with some wins. I am thinking of Rocky....when he runs up the stairs to the Statute......drinking raw eggs.....and hitting hanging meat in a locker......or I could find my comfortable lazy boy and take a nap.

Well, you may find this odd, but I am happy you are enjoying something out of here. I have often mentioned for you to get out, you never acknowledged those times when i said it, but it still stands.

As much as I love the forum I know we all need to get a life LOL

Make this your BIG deal. Drink your raw eggs and run up and down the door way stairs. Get a T shirt. Wink

Keep us posted. I am going to Texas Saturday for a week to see my daughters new house. I will keep up to date with my Tablet or Laptop. Take care and good luck. Forget the eggs, its Green Tea and spinach.

knothead

knothead

Chrissy wrote:
2seaoat wrote:I do wish you the best and hope you win.

Well, you may find this odd, but I am happy you are enjoying something out of here. I have often mentioned for you to get out, you never acknowledged those times when i said it, but it still stands.

As much as I love the forum I know we all need to get a life LOL

Make this your BIG deal. Drink your raw eggs and run up and down the door way stairs. Get a T shirt. Wink

Couldn't agree more . . . . . . first Markle and now Chrissy . . . . . I love it! But this is about our good friend Mr. Oats and I hope you are properly conditioned to get that poker tourney off your bucket list . . . . . Good Luck!

If SO's prediction is right, he's not gonna die. His predictions are always wrong....Smile

Have some tapioca and put it on my tab.

How did the 3peat go?

2seaoat

Had a set of nines......hit the nine on the flop.....two hearts on the flop....opponent goes all end.....I call.......turn card is a spade and no match on the board.....river card is a heart, and opponent gets a flush......she finishes 2nd and makes 4k. Poker is like life.....you can follow the probabilities and you can actually be in a winning position, only to see the river card kick your asz.......no complaint....won 3 hundred in the cash game after the tournament. As long as I can......I will compete. Tournament Wed. and another big one Sunday afternoon.....I will make the Sunday tournament....not sure on babysitting of grandkids on the Wed tournament...son in law's dad had heart attack and scheduled for open heart surgery....just like poker.....when you least expect it.....the probabilities will change.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum