Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Should the Washington Redskins have to change their name?

+2
talknstang
boards of FL
6 posters

Should the Washington Redskins have to change their name? I_vote_lcap25%Should the Washington Redskins have to change their name? I_vote_rcap 25% [ 2 ]
Should the Washington Redskins have to change their name? I_vote_lcap75%Should the Washington Redskins have to change their name? I_vote_rcap 75% [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 8

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

boards of FL

boards of FL

No... I think it's a compliment. The Washington White Boys just doesn't do it.

How about the Washington Pharisees..?

boards of FL wrote:Should the Washington Redskins have to change their name?

Hell nyet.

talknstang

just change it to the Anderson Institute

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I think it would be fitting to have the team name reflect the significance of the local area like most other team names do. So the obvious name would be The Washington Parasites.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

My SIL is up in arms right now because someone has said his HS team...the Sioux...has to be changed. Is this the new PC? How blankin' stupid.

Floridatexan wrote:
My SIL is up in arms right now because someone has said his HS team...the Sioux...has to be changed. Is this the new PC? How blankin' stupid.

This has been an on and off thing for a number of years. I see it has raised its ugly head again. A few years ago it was the Redskins, the Seminoles and any other Indian name.

Descending from Scots-Irish, with folk here since the 1700's, I demand that they change the name of the Celtics, or at least begin pronouncing it properly.

Roddy wrote:Descending from Scots-Irish, with folk here since the 1700's, I demand that they change the name of the Celtics, or at least begin pronouncing it properly.

They should also start spelling it as it sounds, "Keltic"

We kan't do that.

If we kould, the rest of the kurtain would fall, and the kaos would be krippling.

talknstang

Bob wrote:I think it would be fitting to have the team name reflect the significance of the local area like most other team names do. So the obvious name would be The Washington Parasites.

very clever........is there something i am missing here? are they having to seriously change their name? are my Seminoles in the same boat? i havn't heard this story if so

Sal

Sal

I don't have a dog in this fight, but I will say there is a vast difference between naming a team after a Native-American tribe and "Redskins".

Can you imagine the outrage over a team calling itself the Blackskins?

talknstang

Sal wrote:I don't have a dog in this fight, but I will say there is a vast difference between naming a team after a Native-American tribe and "Redskins".

Can you imagine the outrage over a team calling itself the Blackskins?

oh lordy, you do make a valid point there. When you change the name of an established franchise as the Washington Redskins, you change all their traditions at the same time. That is what makes it really difficult in my opinion

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

I think they should adopt the name and logo of the 2002 intramural basketball team at the University of Northern Colorado:

Should the Washington Redskins have to change their name? Fighti10

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum