Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

REALITY CHECK: "The U.S. unemployment rate is down, but that is because many Americans have given up looking for a job."

+3
2seaoat
talknstang
Hospital Bob
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

knothead

knothead

PACEDOG#1 wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:

WTF! What makes you think your work is any more painful than anyone else who has worked? You make no sense w/ your rantings. The labor force has all of a sudden made people have to work harder? Jesus H Christ!

Stupid woman, it HAS made those of us in the workforce work harder to support your lifestyle.

You sit here and act like you DESERVE everything when you aren't getting laid off or threatened with no work. F OFF

Perhaps I am misunderstanding what you are saying so help me out please. You are going off on dreams because she has a job? I understand frustration but you sound as though you are livid because she is in the workforce, please clarify if you would. I can't see where she infers she deserves (your words) a job, I'm curious.

PACEDOG#1 wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:

WTF! What makes you think your work is any more painful than anyone else who has worked? You make no sense w/ your rantings. The labor force has all of a sudden made people have to work harder? Jesus H Christ!

Stupid woman, it HAS made those of us in the workforce work harder to support your lifestyle.

You sit here and act like you DESERVE everything when you aren't getting laid off or threatened with no work. F OFF

Support my lifestyle? You make ignorant comments about someone's lifestyle when you have not a clue not to mention your juvenile responses. I support my lifestyle. I work 40 hrs.a week and pay taxes just like you do. You don't have anything up on anybody else so take your bitter rantings and shove them up your narrow minded effed up ass.

knothead wrote:
PACEDOG#1 wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:

Perhaps I am misunderstanding what you are saying so help me out please. You are going off on dreams because she has a job? I understand frustration but you sound as though you are livid because she is in the workforce, please clarify if you would. I can't see where she infers she deserves (your words) a job, I'm curious.

i cant speak for PD, but dreams comment was directed at me. Her comment seems to represent a veiw again that she doesnt understand fully what it is like out here. as no one really knows what she does because it has changed so many times over the years.

but i can tell you that people out here are on edge as i mentioned earlier. and yes, especially in healthcare people are having to work more with less. my workload which was already heavy has increased 25% over the past year with no additional FTE and it is expected to increase if we are lucky another 25% with no additional fte's. Why, because we have to compensate for the cuts we took and even with that its impossible to fully compensate for that large of a cut. But my boss does not want to get rid of the lab, so we work hard to make sure it is not a loss for him, because if it becomes a loss of profit for him, guess what? he wont need it and we are looking for jobs. Just like that. this enviroment is going to kill off my generation of people. those who are reaching thier 50's and 60's who are too young to retire and getting too old to keep up this pace. and its not just healthcare, its all over. just look around at all the companies down sizing laying off people. look around at what is really going on. companies are choosing to hire young cheap labor many times instead of seasoned people. Pay grades are being down sized as well. Its all over. and I stand by what i said previously that it is painful out here. Because it is. and for those of us out here we are angry that those who are passed this point in thier life to ignore the hardships we are facing by tossing out data that is completly rigged, false by trying to frame the situation as something it is not.

Chrissy wrote:
knothead wrote:
well since you made such a long response let me break my video rule.

my point is that people who are retired are not feeling the effects of what its like out in the job market. Iam referring to the people here specifically on that to the ones who go on and on about how god damn wonderful it is out here righ now. because its not wonderful out here right now even in a good job that you may be secured in. this enviroment has made bussiness ownser and companies very leary and extremly frugal. it has not ceated a enviroment that creates a lot of hope for making plans for the future.

so what im saying is, you really need to be out here in the workforce to feel the effects of how it is these days. not sitting on the couch reading a fucking number and saying how wonderful it is.

if my comment pissed you off, oh well. but hopfully the above explains my veiws on what I said. and to clarify, i have agreat deal of respect for people who have worked all thier life and retired. so my comment refers spcifically to being retired and then trying to tell people how it is in the labor force is my issue. Because that pisses me off because im in the labor force and its painful out here. so we are even on the pissing off for now. Razz

Chrissy, your response is appreciated by me and, again, is deserving of a response. I documented some of my own hardships, sacrifices and difficulties and I did not mean to say my road of life was more difficult than others . . . . . I want to say to you I understand your own frustrations about the current stress of underemployment in our country and how it trickles down to each and every person. Life can be hard and is not fair in many respects but over the course of my own life there were political and economic crisis but our economy withstood exorbitant interest rates, cultural upheaval but we emerged intact. I posted previously that people are either glass half full or glass half empty and we each choose which road to take. So yes, it annoyed me to be portrayed as one who is sitting around without caring one whit about the stresses people like you are feeling . . . . to transfer those frustrations onto those of us whose lives are mostly behind us can understand more than you know just how hard life can be . . . the redeeming aspect is that you will survive because you are a strong person. I am no longer pissed at you personally but I stand up for people like me who have busted their butts for a lifetime and becoming a target by some as pathetic lazy takers is more than I am willing to hear without a civil rebuttal. Peace! cherry

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

knot, i stand behind and support people who have worked all thier life and are retired more than you may realize. Perhaps I am guilty of just saying whats on the top of my mind at times without giving a clear explanation. my only point to my comment was people who are not in the workfource currently cant fully understand the atmosphere out here and yet they make comments based on what it was like back when. Not only do they make comments but they also get involved and do thier best to support policy that makes it even worse for us that are out here trying to make a living. This is frustrating to someone who is out here trying to get by.

you may not be aware of it, but ive defending babyboomers on here more than once. it angers me at how medicare has been raped only to expand coverage to so many people who if they tried could provide for themselves. Ive also made plenty of comments regarding that this new generation Y will not care for the old. Look around as these young adults have now entered into places of power and weilding thier political idealologies. This generation of people will sacrafice your ass and mine.

this group of people with thier idealogies and yes, it is thier idealogies that we are experiancing now. Im sorry but my gen X is too small and we are not as ruthless and technological savy as this generation, and they are selfish. Within the next 10 years my generation will have become but a blimp on the road as gen Y overtakes us and kicks us to the curb. by that time, you wont have to worry probaly. but my genration knows we wont have the same comfort to think about retirement, we already know we will work till we fall over dying.

so why did i say all this? because i dont want you to think I have a problem with your retire generation in concept, just that now that you have gotten to the point I feel strongly that some of you have unrealistic visions of how things are out here and interject old outdated ideas into a very new and real situation that effects people like myself who are trying to fend off the rapid and upcoming ideals that is going to crush us both.

have a good day.[/quote]

Tell us what the old outdated ideas are? You who have a girlfriend who is a housewife and is supported by you are saying other people have unrealistic ideas? This is stuff of the fifties where the Mom stays home and raises a family. Most couples work now and both contribute. Tell your girlfriend to get a job so she'll have some sort of retirement instead of sitting on her ass at home and living off you. Maybe then you won't have to work so hard. LOL!

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

2seaoat wrote:No disconnect at all.....the record profits are partially explained by the austerity measures which corporations have followed for the last five years, and the outsourcing of American Jobs for less expense.........We are a colony now, open to exploitation by wealth.......American wealth or foreign wealth......our resources and people are open season......we have two political parties who rarely represent the American People when 80% of legislation which benefits the American People sits fallow in Congress..........it will take revolutionary zeal to correct our situation, but with each passing year the middle class shrinks and the powerless grow.

You started out by proclaiming there is no disconnect. And then immediately proceeded to describe the disconnect. lol

[quote="Dreamsglorequote]

Tell us what the old outdated ideas are? You who have a girlfriend who is a housewife and is supported by you are saying other people have unrealistic ideas? This is stuff of the fifties where the Mom stays home and raises a family. Most couples work now and both contribute. Tell your girlfriend to get a job so she'll have some sort of retirement instead of sitting on her ass at home and living off you. Maybe then you won't have to work so hard. LOL![/quote]

wow, now your going to attack my gf because she is able to stay at home and tend to our autistic son?

Just so you know even if she did work, it wouldnt change the situation in my feild of expertise. i am salaried, I dont get paid by the hour.

Im proud that i make a good enough salary to allow hour to take care of his needs. and if you think this is old fashioned and out of date there in lies the problem with society. Funny how you were just accusing me of being a bad lazy parent who wanted the school system to raise my children, now you know that i dont expect that you want to blast my gf for not getting a job which would put our son at the mercy of the shitty assed people who work in the school system with children such as yourself. id rather die than have that happen.

knothead

knothead

Its all over. and I stand by what i said previously that it is painful out here. Because it is. and for those of us out here we are angry that those who are passed this point in their life to ignore the hardships we are facing by tossing out data that is completely rigged, false by trying to frame the situation as something it is not. [/quote]

I am not ignoring the hardships you are enduring, in fact, I have empathy. The root cause of this is a different discussion but primarily because corporations have the upper hand with downward pressure on wages and increased technological efficiency and some political uncertainty from our dysfunctional government.

I hope to have a good day . . . . you do the same.

Chrissy wrote:[quote="Dreamsglorequote]

Tell us what the old outdated ideas are? You who have a girlfriend who is a housewife and is supported by you are saying other people have unrealistic ideas? This is stuff of the fifties where the Mom stays home and raises a family. Most couples work now and both contribute. Tell your girlfriend to get a job so she'll have some sort of retirement instead of sitting on her ass at home and living off you. Maybe then you won't have to work so hard. LOL!

wow, now your going to attack my gf because she is able to stay at home and tend to our autistic son?

Just so you know even if she did work, it wouldnt change the situation in my feild of expertise. i am salaried, I dont get paid by the hour.

Im proud that i make a good enough salary to allow hour to take care of his needs. and if you think this is old fashioned and out of date there in lies the problem with society. Funny how you were just accusing me of being a bad lazy parent who wanted the school system to raise my children, now you know that i dont expect that you want to blast my gf for not getting a job which would put our son at the mercy of the shitty assed people who work in the school system with children such as yourself. id rather die than have that happen.[/quote]

You just said on another thread you hired a teacher for him so what is the GF doing and what does the "field of expertise" have to do w/ anything? It's moronic statements like these that lead me to believe you don't have a lick of sense.

The Law of diminished returns affects everyone, eventually. Cutting labor force, consolidation of duties, outsourcing, and belt tightening are not new concepts. But when it starts to impact us personally and the political ideology morphs from abstract expression to reality, we start to re-evaluate our position and seek to place blame on entire political agendas for our circumstances.

The real fallout from strident policies is as strong as train smoke. What has been described as devastating by some is straight out of the conservative handbook in Mitt's back pocket....the vulture capitalist w/out a heart approach is as serious as cancer.

It may sound good to shout about it, but it's not a viable way to run any country, much less a representative democracy like ours. Our guy is OK....your guy is a pork fed troglodyte trying to break the bank, give us a terminal disease, and lose the war against ____________...!! WE need perfect universal healthcare....They don't deserve it because they are _________...!

A paper cut hurts like a bitch if ya pour a little alcohol on it, even if it's good for the wound.

I cannot even begin to imagine how much better off we would be with Mitt in charge.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

knothead wrote:
PACEDOG#1 wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:

No, Dreams is just his usual target.

Dreamsglore wrote:

Im proud that i make a good enough salary to allow hour to take care of his needs. and if you think this is old fashioned and out of date there in lies the problem with society. Funny how you were just accusing me of being a bad lazy parent who wanted the school system to raise my children, now you know that i dont expect that you want to blast my gf for not getting a job which would put our son at the mercy of the shitty assed people who work in the school system with children such as yourself. id rather die than have that happen.

You just said on another thread you hired a teacher for him so what is the GF doing and what does the "field of expertise" have to do w/ anything? It's moronic statements like these that lead me to believe you don't have a lick of sense.[/quote]

I did hire a teacher who is CERTIFIED in teaching autistic children. she does a lot. she has to take him to miami to the dan morino all the time. she has to take him to his therapy every week. She works with him daily because he needs constant attention with hsi daily task. she takes him to his doctor appts all the time, right now he is wearing a heart monitor for a month because of an abnormal ekg. Lots of things that i wont list here. but i can tell you this, she does a lot and i admire her dedication to this. Not only that she volunteers with a program here that helps get these children into outside activities such as like last week they all went to dinner and a movie with other kids such as him. These children have a hard time relating to other children.

Never the less. It really isnt any of your god damn bussiness what my gf does. she can sit on her ass and watch talkshows and thats my problem, not yours. But she doesnt. And i for one am glad that she can take care of these things. Because if she wasnt on top of all of this, he would be left to the hands of wolves such as yourself and would not be doing as well.

now fuck off

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

boards of FL wrote:The unemployment rate has always carried a certain degree of ambiguity. It wasn't until the most recent president that anyone ever questioned this process.

I almost wish both obama and bush both would have never been born. I'm really growing weary of every discussion revolving around these two way over-hyped individuals.
For the last few years we have now had by far the largest number of americans who are underemployed ever in the history of the country.
Millions of americans. Alongside millions struggling to make ends meet, the significance of the two lousy individuals who always dominate these discussions sickens me.

Yes, the unemployment rate has always been an ambiguous figure. But during the time when the country was fully employed with relatively few being underemployed, that ambiguity didn't matter nearly as much.
Now it does matter. I am interested in that underemployment totally apart from who the goddamn president is or was. Both of those two celebrities will always be employed and when they are no longer employed they will still be living in the lap of luxury while sucking off the taxpayer teat. And since there is no way to change that, those two celebrities are really not of interest to me.

I'm also a lot more interested in how unemployment is calculated because of that current disconnect between Wall Street and Main Street, the disconnect seaoat says does not exist.
I'm interested and concerned about that because it's a dysfunctional society which has thriving corporations and shareholders at the same time our work force is struggling to even exist. At the same time our middle class is declining.

I really could no longer care less which of those two celebrities is to be blamed or to be praised. I just wish they could stop dominating everything we talk about here because it's really just a huge distraction.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

one take on it...

The Disconnect Between Wall Street And Main Street

The stock market is at an all-time high. It’s basically back to where it was in 2000. Corporate earnings have doubled since then.

Yet the real median wage is now 8 percent below what it was in 2000, and unemployment remains sky-high.

Why is the stock market doing so well, while most of us are doing so poorly?

Four reasons:

• Productivity gains: Corporations have been investing in technology rather than in their workers. They now do more with less people. That means higher profits.

• High unemployment: Joblessness all but eliminates the bargaining power of most workers — allowing corporations to keep wages low.

• Globalization: Big American corporations have been expanding and hiring around the globe. Tax policies and trade policies have encouraged them.

• The Fed’s easy-money policies: They’ve pushed investors into the stock market because bond yields are so low. The yield on a 10-year U.S. Treasury note is now under 2 percent.

All this widens the income gap in America. The rich invest the most and the poor work the most.

Corporate profits are now a larger share of national income than at any time in 60 years, while the portion of total income going to employees is near its lowest in over 50 years. All the economic gains between 2009 and 2011 went to the top 1 percent while the rest of us continue to lose ground.

And yet the tax code continues to benefit the wealthiest among us with lower capital gains tax rates and tax loopholes big enough to drive school buses through.

A healthy economy isn’t measured by the profits of corporations headquartered within it or the value of its stock market. It depends, rather, on how many of people have jobs and whether those jobs pay decent wages.

By this measure, we’re a long way from economic health.

It’s time to change our public policies that have so blatantly helped the most fortunate among us and so cruelly harmed the least fortunate.

Until that happens, there will continue to be disconnect between Wall Street and Main Street.

http://www.paysonroundup.com/news/2013/mar/08/disconnect-between-wall-street-and-main-street/

knothead

knothead

Bob wrote:one take on it...

The Disconnect Between Wall Street And Main Street

The stock market is at an all-time high. It’s basically back to where it was in 2000. Corporate earnings have doubled since then.

Yet the real median wage is now 8 percent below what it was in 2000, and unemployment remains sky-high.

Why is the stock market doing so well, while most of us are doing so poorly?

Four reasons:

• Productivity gains: Corporations have been investing in technology rather than in their workers. They now do more with less people. That means higher profits.

• High unemployment: Joblessness all but eliminates the bargaining power of most workers — allowing corporations to keep wages low.

• Globalization: Big American corporations have been expanding and hiring around the globe. Tax policies and trade policies have encouraged them.

• The Fed’s easy-money policies: They’ve pushed investors into the stock market because bond yields are so low. The yield on a 10-year U.S. Treasury note is now under 2 percent.

All this widens the income gap in America. The rich invest the most and the poor work the most.

Corporate profits are now a larger share of national income than at any time in 60 years, while the portion of total income going to employees is near its lowest in over 50 years. All the economic gains between 2009 and 2011 went to the top 1 percent while the rest of us continue to lose ground.

And yet the tax code continues to benefit the wealthiest among us with lower capital gains tax rates and tax loopholes big enough to drive school buses through.

A healthy economy isn’t measured by the profits of corporations headquartered within it or the value of its stock market. It depends, rather, on how many of people have jobs and whether those jobs pay decent wages.

By this measure, we’re a long way from economic health.

It’s time to change our public policies that have so blatantly helped the most fortunate among us and so cruelly harmed the least fortunate.

Until that happens, there will continue to be disconnect between Wall Street and Main Street.

http://www.paysonroundup.com/news/2013/mar/08/disconnect-between-wall-street-and-main-street/

Bob, good post. I made the following comment earlier in this thread but it is not said as well but in my own words, I posted:

The root cause of this is a different discussion but primarily because corporations have the upper hand with downward pressure on wages and increased technological efficiency and some political uncertainty from our dysfunctional government.

Chrissy wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:

You just said on another thread you hired a teacher for him so what is the GF doing and what does the "field of expertise" have to do w/ anything? It's moronic statements like these that lead me to believe you don't have a lick of sense.

I did hire a teacher who is CERTIFIED in teaching autistic children. she does a lot. she has to take him to miami to the dan morino all the time. she has to take him to his therapy every week. She works with him daily because he needs constant attention with hsi daily task. she takes him to his doctor appts all the time, right now he is wearing a heart monitor for a month because of an abnormal ekg. Lots of things that i wont list here. but i can tell you this, she does a lot and i admire her dedication to this. Not only that she volunteers with a program here that helps get these children into outside activities such as like last week they all went to dinner and a movie with other kids such as him. These children have a hard time relating to other children.

Never the less. It really isnt any of your god damn bussiness what my gf does. she can sit on her ass and watch talkshows and thats my problem, not yours. But she doesnt. And i for one am glad that she can take care of these things. Because if she wasnt on top of all of this, he would be left to the hands of wolves such as yourself and would not be doing as well.

now fuck off[/quote]

And you sit on a forum bitching about everything.Nice. Don't complain about how hard it is then.Sounds like you don't do much of anything w/ your kid but want the school system to do everything. Just like I thought.

Dreamsglore wrote:
Chrissy wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:

now fuck off

And you sit on a forum bitching about everything.Nice. Don't complain about how hard it is then.Sounds like you don't do much of anything w/ your kid but want the school system to do everything. Just like I thought.[/quote]

Youre a cunt dreams. plane ole cunt. a full breed piece of shit.

You are so cunty and shitty all the other cunty shitty people here are scared to call you out for all the cunty shitty things you say. But Im not.

You are not only wrong in your acusations, but you are again just down right cunty.

btw. I do every thing with my kids. I have dedicated my life to my kids. I may seem like a bitch to you and the rest of the cunts here, but only because most of you are cunts.

im so far above you that it isnt even a competition.

is your son still working at walmart btw? or have you paid for him to go to college yet? or perhaps you are to poor of a mother to pay for that. Im sure making a sacrfice for your child is just too much for your selfish ass. Or is your son too stupid to go to college? he may take after you, that would be too bad. a dumb mother fucker with a dumbmother fucking mom. Too bad he wont have the same hand outs from his mother as you did. Sad He will be stuck greeting big fat assholes like you at walmart all his life.

I feel sorry for your son cunt.

dont worry about mine. My kids are doing very well btw. Because they have a mother who has compassion and who is willing to make the needed sacrafices it takes to give them oppertunity.

see ya later CUNT....go fall on your face again

Chrissy wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:
Chrissy wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:

now fuck off

And you sit on a forum bitching about everything.Nice. Don't complain about how hard it is then.Sounds like you don't do much of anything w/ your kid but want the school system to do everything. Just like I thought.

Youre a cunt dreams. plane ole cunt. a full breed piece of shit.

You are so cunty and shitty all the other cunty shitty people here are scared to call you out for all the cunty shitty things you say. But Im not.

You are not only wrong in your acusations, but you are again just down right cunty.

btw. I do every thing with my kids. I have dedicated my life to my kids. I may seem like a bitch to you and the rest of the cunts here, but only because most of you are cunts.

im so far above you that it isnt even a competition.

is your son still working at walmart btw? or have you paid for him to go to college yet? or perhaps you are to poor of a mother to pay for that. Im sure making a sacrfice for your child is just too much for your selfish ass. Or is your son too stupid to go to college? he may take after you, that would be too bad. a dumb mother fucker with a dumbmother fucking mom. Too bad he wont have the same hand outs from his mother as you did. Sad He will be stuck greeting big fat assholes like you at walmart all his life.

I feel sorry for your son cunt.

dont worry about mine. My kids are doing very well btw. Because they have a mother who has compassion and who is willing to make the needed sacrafices it takes to give them oppertunity.

see ya later CUNT....go fall on your face again[/quote]

Sounds like your gf is doing all the sacrificing while you sit around on a forum and get drunk. You need to pay into her social security so she'll have something when she gets older.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

You two don't even know each other. How can two people who don't even know each other be saying all this awful shit to each other. If either of you is as bad as the other says then you both oughta be ashamed.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

And godfuckingdammnit why did you two hijack my stupid thread with this shit.
I never heard such fucking profanity and hotheadedness coming out of the mouths of women. It makes me want to throw shit.

Bob wrote:And godfuckingdammnit why did you two hijack my stupid thread with this shit.
I never heard such fucking profanity and hotheadedness coming out of the mouths of women. It makes me want to throw shit.

You need to correct that statement. You didn't see any profanity other than shit come from me. I don't lower myself to her sewer house standards.

Dreamsglore wrote:
Bob wrote:And godfuckingdammnit why did you two hijack my stupid thread with this shit.

You need to correct that statement. You didn't see any profanity other than shit come from me. I don't lower myself to her sewer house standards.

you may not use profanity, but you are crule, mean and you attacked me, my gf and son all over the place last night.

I have an idea. You dont reply to me and i wont reply to you. agree? cheers

bob, just so you know she started in on me after i made comments to your thread. she started in on me on another thread. no one says shit to her they give her a pass.

but im sorry i could have jusy ignored her attacks. but it pisses me off.

ive asks her to not reply to me because frankly i hate her fucking guts and she mine so we just shoulnt reply to each other.

but again, i was contributing to this topic before that.

Chrissy wrote:

bob, just so you know she started in on me after i made comments to your thread. she started in on me on another thread. no one says shit to her they give her a pass.

but im sorry i could have jusy ignored her attacks. but it pisses me off.

ive asks her to not reply to me because frankly i hate her fucking guts and she mine so we just shoulnt reply to each other.

but again, i was contributing to this topic before that.

STHU! You friggin whinebaby. If you're not telling lies you're whining.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum