Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Where Are the Local 5-Star Restaurants?

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

My daughter and I ate at one last night: The Coach and Four Steakhouse on Pine Forest Road.

I hadn't eaten there in a couple of years as my wife doesn't really care for steakhouses. The wife was out with our oldest granddaughter, so my 27 yo daughter and I went to the C&4.

We both ordered the Petit Filet. The meal came with two simple sides, so we each had the house salad, and she ordered steak fries with her steak, while I had a baked potato with mine. Yeast rolls were also served.

Interestingly, C&4 serves a cup of sherbert with the main course--the idea is the sherbert cleanses your palate after your salad, so you can enjoy the full benefits of the flavors of the main meal.

The service was excellent and we both cleaned our plates. The bill with 20% gratuity came to $50 for both of us. This was the best dining experience I have had locally in quite a while.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

I haven't been there in years either but I always heard they were pretty good.

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:My daughter and I ate at one last night: The Coach and Four Steakhouse on Pine Forest Road.

I hadn't eaten there in a couple of years as my wife doesn't really care for steakhouses. The wife was out with our oldest granddaughter, so my 27 yo daughter and I went to the C&4.

We both ordered the Petit Filet. The meal came with two simple sides, so we each had the house salad, and she ordered steak fries with her steak, while I had a baked potato with mine. Yeast rolls were also served.

Interestingly, C&4 serves a cup of sherbert with the main course--the idea is the sherbert cleanses your palate after your salad, so you can enjoy the full benefits of the flavors of the main meal.

The service was excellent and we both cleaned our plates. The bill with 20% gratuity came to $50 for both of us. This was the best dining experience I have had locally in quite a while.

Your standards are low if you think Coach and Four is a 5 star restaurant.

I have been to Coach-N-Four twice since I have lived here. Z-man, I am certainly glad you had a enjoyable experience because on both occasions both of mine were horrendous, and that is putting it mildly. From the wait staff to the on duty management it was terrible. If I owned an establishment such as that I would fired the whole bunch of them and start fresh.

I very seldom agree with PD, but in this case he is spot on. There is no way this place is 5-star. If this is 5-star then so is McDonald's.

Margin Call

Margin Call

Jackson's

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

http://www.urbanspoon.com/lb/256/best-restaurants-Pensacola

Margin Call wrote:Jackson's

Too expensive for the quality and quantity of the meal.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Where Are the Local 5-Star Restaurants?

Liollios. Especially when you tell them to give you what J.B. Hopkins gets. But you'll need both a reservation and a time machine.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Margin Call wrote:Jackson's

No thanks. My daughter worked there as a hostess for a few months about 5 years ago, and told us about all of the snooty rich folks that patronized Jackson's.

I am pretty much a meat and potatoes eater and won't go for any fancy or haute cusine of any kind.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

2seaoat

I have always found the fish house to be the best dining experience, and if price is an issue......their lunch specials have the same quality but at significantly less cost. I have never seen a five star restaurant in Pensacola, and usually travel to Biloxi to Mary Mahoneys to find that level and quality. Five star is really hard to achieve, and in all my travels and dining experiences......I have probably only been exposed to a true five star experience in Las Vegas, Chicago, Palm Springs, and Phoenix. Also, sadly a meal in a five star restaurant is obscenely expensive. I have only done it a few times, and when I have won a significant amount in poker.......but it can easily cost $150 for a couple at the cheapest five star.........I have a friend who is very successful who travels the country to dine in five star restaurants, and he will routinely spend $300 for he and his wife, and often he brings his own wine and pays the corking fee, and still spends $300.

There is a national steak company which supplies meats to all the best restaurants, and the name escapes me, but I love steaks, and there is no comparison getting a 5 star restaurant experience where they are supplying the steaks, and they literally melt in your mouth. Once you have had one of these steaks......well it is really....really.....really hard to pay a lot of money at a so called 3 or 4 star restaurant only to be fed a mediocre steak.

Mary Mahoneys is across the street from the Bea Rivage in Biloxi, and it has been written about in many novels. You will spend a pretty good penny, but their meat supplier gets quality steaks and their rich tradition and beautiful setting in the historic building and live oaks is a great dining experience and only two hours from Pensacola. I have never gone to Jacksons because once when I wanted to go.....they required a jacket. A place that asks me to put on a jacket.....well it is probably not a place I will patronize because I prefer leisure and comfort to pretense.

I've been to Mary Mahoneys, My sisters ex is family to them, They went to her wedding.. The owner can be seen on site wearing coveralls and a workbelt.. Most people probably think he's the janitor.. Very Happy They're good people..

2seaoat

Some of the wait staff have been there 45 years.......they are good people, and provided a world class dining experience only two hours away. Their prices are very fair for the quality, and the ambiance of this historic restaurant alone is worth the trip. I love their preparation of crab claws as an appetizer, and they are very generous on their portions.....I can recommend this as one of those save up and go once a year places.

In my business dealings over the years, I have found the person who drives up in the 90k Mercedes and the guy who comes with the beat up old pick up may give different first impressions......but it is usually the guy in the pick up who has any money......and the guy in the mercedes......well he is working hard on convincing everybody of the same. Restaurants which try to buy class......well they are a dime a dozen.....Mary Mahoney's well it doesn't have to sell anything....its the real deal, and a wonderful dining experience.

Margin Call

Margin Call

Z, I've seen people acting snooty at Burger King. The reality is that you'll find all types at Jackson's.

While not in the 5-star category, it's hard to beat Global Grill.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum