Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Coal: the cleanest energy source there is?

+4
ZVUGKTUBM
Markle
Hospital Bob
VectorMan
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

VectorMan

VectorMan

http://www.foxnews.com/science/2013/02/20/coal-cleanest-energy-source-there-is/

That's pretty innovative.

Thats iteresting.

What a great idea. Using chemical reactions. its like heel warmers on a large scale.

This is a very practical idea. Im surprised it took so long but im sure they wanted to keep getting the funds.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

If it's all they say it is it sounds very promising.
But Rush Limbaugh wouldn't care about it because he's convinced putting CO2 into the atmosphere has nothing to do with climate change or anything else bad. He would say these are "environmental wackos" too. lol

Markle

Markle

Bob wrote:If it's all they say it is it sounds very promising.
But Rush Limbaugh wouldn't care about it because he's convinced putting CO2 into the atmosphere has nothing to do with climate change or anything else bad. He would say these are "environmental wackos" too. lol

What do trees and every living plant produce at night?

You have been listening to Al "Snake Oil Salesman" Gore too long.

What percent of our atmosphere is CO2 and what was it say 150 years ago?

If man made production of CO2 is what causing is "Global Warming" how did the Vikings colonize Greenland, raise crops and herds of animals there to restock their ships on the way to North America?

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

You or I neither one know what the truth is about climate change, markel. The "science" has now been so politicized that it's impossible for us to tell the bullshit from the actual science. About the only thing that's certain is the truth is never going to come from listening to the gores or the limbaughs or whichever other politicians or pundits you're listening to. All they do is tell you what you want to hear.

Markle

Markle

Bob wrote:You or I neither one know what the truth is about climate change, markel. The "science" has now been so politicized that it's impossible for us to tell the bullshit from the actual science. About the only thing that's certain is the truth is never going to come from listening to the gores or the limbaughs or whichever other politicians or pundits you're listening to. All they do is tell you what you want to hear.

Why didn't you just say you had no clue for any of my simple questions.

No, I know exactly what climate change is and I also know that humans who think we can do anything to change our climate are incredibly arrogant, egotistical fools.

Our climate has been changing for BILLIONS of years. Why would we be able to control those changes now and, by the way, what is the perfect temperature for earth?

Bob,
This guy KNOWS...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BB0aFPXr4n4

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

PACEDOG#1 wrote:Bob,
This guy KNOWS...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BB0aFPXr4n4

At the end he says "I think we're part of a greater wisdom than we'll ever understand".

We could have used that in the meaning of life thread. lol

It is interesting that the message of the whole video is the same message shared by limbaugh and markle. That whatever mankind does is always going to be too insignificant to do any damage to the Earth.
As I said in the earlier post, I don't know if that's true or not. And while he was a brilliant humorist, I don't think he does either.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

But Pacedog,

While everything he said in that routine is true, that even if we do manage to change the atmosphere or the climate or anything else which would impact on US as a species, it won't faze the Earth. The Earth will still be there. It will still be orbiting the Sun. And it will continue on it's merrily way. And it no doubt will still have life on it. No, the Earth won't give a shit what we do.
But that won't be much consolation to US if we're no longer here to see it. lol

man made climate change is a lie, never the less we should be good stewards of the earth as much as we can. This does not mean raising taxes or redistrubuting the wealth from this country to another poorer undeveloped country.

It means i support doing what we can to polute less. The amount of funds given to this college for that many years was not that much. obama just spent more to go golfing.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Sage wrote:man made climate change is a lie
Well obviously, EITHER the fat cat limousine liberal gore is a lying son of a bitch.
OR that fat cat fat bag of hot gas Limbaugh is a lying son of a bitch.
And obviously one day we're gonna find out which.
But on this day I just plain aint smart enough to know which.
However, my gut inclination tells me we we're gonna find out both of them are lying sacks of shit.
Time will tell.

VectorMan

VectorMan

I think whatever we can do to pollute less is a good thing. Within reason.

Al Gore being the slimy little eel that he is, makes me question anything he supports and make millions upon millions of dollars from.

When there are qualified scientists that dispute global warming/climate change, it makes think the scientists at the UN have a hidden agenda. Then they cooked the numbers in their report. Very fishy behavior.

Hey Bob, I have to tell you. I'd believe Rush any day of the week over Gore. LOL

VectorMan wrote:I think whatever we can do to pollute less is a good thing. Within reason.

Al Gore being the slimy little eel that he is, makes me question anything he supports and make millions upon millions of dollars from.

When there are qualified scientists that dispute global warming/climate change, it makes think the scientists at the UN have a hidden agenda. Then they cooked the numbers in their report. Very fishy behavior.

Hey Bob, I have to tell you. I'd believe Rush any day of the week over Gore. LOL

couldnt agree more. It would be irrisponsible to not be good steqwards of our resources. But it would be foolish to be taken advantage of by crooks for the sake of our good hearts.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

VectorMan wrote:

Hey Bob, I have to tell you. I'd believe Rush any day of the week over Gore.

If either one of em told me the sun was gonna set in the west, I'd have to look east just to make sure.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

I can't jump on the climate change bandwagon, either. Especially when many climate-change advocates demand immediate cessation/curtailment of the use of fossil fuels and over-reaching regulations on greenhouse gasses that would be costly to every citizen.

In the modern world, 10 calories of fossil fuels go into every food calorie consumed by an American. If the climate change weenies ever had their way, there would be food shortages in America and a great reduction in the standard of living for all citizens. Not how I would like to see things happen.

Now, I am all for alternative energy, and the expansion of green technologies. They definitely have a place in our world, especially as the cheap and easy oil and coal resources are used up.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

VectorMan

VectorMan

Bob wrote:
VectorMan wrote:

Hey Bob, I have to tell you. I'd believe Rush any day of the week over Gore.

If either one of em told me the sun was gonna set in the west, I'd have to look east just to make sure.

I might be looking with you! LOL North and south too.

VectorMan

VectorMan

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:I can't jump on the climate change bandwagon, either. Especially when many climate-change advocates demand immediate cessation/curtailment of the use of fossil fuels and over-reaching regulations on greenhouse gasses that would be costly to every citizen.

In the modern world, 10 calories of fossil fuels go into every food calorie consumed by an American. If the climate change weenies ever had their way, there would be food shortages in America and a great reduction in the standard of living for all citizens. Not how I would like to see things happen.

Now, I am all for alternative energy, and the expansion of green technologies. They definitely have a place in our world, especially as the cheap and easy oil and coal resources are used up.

I was wondering what you might have to say about this. Thanks for your input. I liked it and agree.

Sal

Sal

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:I can't jump on the climate change bandwagon, either. Especially when many climate-change advocates demand immediate cessation/curtailment of the use of fossil fuels and over-reaching regulations on greenhouse gasses that would be costly to every citizen.

That's all well and good, and I would agree there has to be an extended transition away from fossil fuels.

To suggest, however, that there is not a scientific consensus that the atmosphere is warming and that the activities of humans are contributing and accelerating it, is patently false.

Despite the occasional crank or oil company financed hack, scientific consensus on this issue has been achieved.

VectorMan

VectorMan

Sal wrote:

That's all well and good, and I would agree there has to be an extended transition away from fossil fuels.

To suggest, however, that there is not a scientific consensus that the atmosphere is warming and that the activities of humans are contributing and accelerating it, is patently false.

Despite the occasional crank or oil company financed hack, scientific consensus on this issue has been achieved.

No, not really.

Sal

Sal

VectorMan wrote:
Sal wrote:

No, not really.

Yes, really.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

One of you is 100% convinced that manmade climate change is true.
The other is 100% convinced that manmade climate change is false.

So here's your homework. I want you both to find me UNBIASED sources to substantiate your claim. And by unbiased I mean nothing that is associated with either the democrat or republican parties or associated with democrat or republican politicians or associated with democrat or republican media bloviators.
I want you both to give me sources which can convince me those sources have absolutely no agenda whatsoever OTHER than telling me the truth (and frankly I don't even believe any such sources exist).
That is your mission should you choose to accept it. This message will self-destruct (maybe not in ten seconds but mostly when it moves off the front page).

Until you can do that, I will still be fence-sitting in the far-middle with an IQ less than that of a toaster.

Sal

Sal

Bob wrote:One of you is 100% convinced that manmade climate change is true.
The other is 100% convinced that manmade climate change is false.

So here's your homework. I want you both to find me UNBIASED sources to substantiate your claim. And by unbiased I mean nothing that is associated with either the democrat or republican parties or associated with democrat or republican politicians or associated with democrat or republican media bloviators.
I want you both to give me sources which can convince me those sources have absolutely no agenda whatsoever OTHER than telling me the truth (and frankly I don't even believe any such sources exist).
That is your mission should you choose to accept it. This message will self-destruct (maybe not in ten seconds but mostly when it moves off the front page).

Until you can do that, I will still be fence-sitting in the far-middle with an IQ less than that of a toaster.

The gold standard for any science is peer reviewed analysis.

Of the nearly 14,000 peer reviewed scientific climate change articles published between 1991 and 2012, 24 reject the conclusion that the atmosphere is warming and human activities are contributing and accelerating the warming.

That would be 99.83% agreement.

That is a consensus.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I gotta tell you, vectorman, 99.83% vs rush limbaugh is kinda hard to argue with. I mean even if we all agree that rush limbaugh is a smarter scientist than any hundred other given scientists put together, that still leaves it at about 99% on one side and 1% on the other.
Hell maybe even if accept that rush limbaugh is a smarter scientist than any given THOUSAND other scientists put together. We're still at about 93% to one here.
And I dunno about you, but when I get 99 to 1 odds or 93 to one odds, I will ALWAYS take that wager.
So I think I just fell off the fence. Thank god for that because it aint easy having the IQ of a toaster. I think I've now at least gained the intelligence of a microwave oven.

VectorMan

VectorMan

Sal wrote:
VectorMan wrote:
Sal wrote:

No, not really.

Yes, really.

Believe what you like. I'm not buying into the BS.

What is your source for that 99.83% making the consensus?

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

We could ban fossil fuels in America today and the Chinese would be dancing in the streets. They would love to buy-up and consume the oil and coal that America consumes annually each year. India would line up as well. We are talking about two countries that contain roughly 2.56 billion people between them. Well over 20% of the entire world's population. Large sectors of the populations of both countries lack access to electricity--this and industrial output drives their coal consumption. They also lack access to cars-this is changing and driving their increased oil consumption.

I have even read of a possible scenario where China could eventually compete for and absorb the entire world's annual production of oil--though war would likely happen before this ever occurred.

The question that needs to be asked is: Would China ever submit to a global body ruling over GHG emissions without a fight? I know they signed the 1997 Kyoto Treaty, but getting them to implement is another issue.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum