Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Oh Boy.......nobody to challenge my assumptions.....

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

2seaoat

With Hallmark and Eric gone......I heard they had uncontrolled feelings toward each other as Hallmark was crawling around in the belly of Eric's boat, and they have decided to sail the world together. However, they first must stop at Mr. Studer's office and thank him personally for the beautiful stadium and park.

Now without anybody to challenge Seaotian rants on the Park......I guess the last man standing wins the debate...........victory is sweet!

I never was a fan of this build when there are o many other things that need to be done in the community, but if it provides jobs and income for our area then that is great. We need something to bring in income. Wish we could have kept Lady Lex and had it home where she belongs to allow vistors to enjoy that part of our naval history as well.

hotrod360 wrote:I never was a fan of this build when there are o many other things that need to be done in the community, but if it provides jobs and income for our area then that is great. We need something to bring in income. Wish we could have kept Lady Lex and had it home where she belongs to allow vistors to enjoy that part of our naval history as well.

The one drawback is that for the most part the jobs are seasonal and minimum wage type jobs. What Pensacola needs is high paying tech jobs, not minimum wage seasonal jobs.

Ghost you are right with that. We do need more Industrial jobs for the experienced techs in our area. Seems like Santa Rosa county and Mobile is getting the big jobs while Pensacola is falling behind. Not just Industrial job, but any kind of good paying jobs would be great.

The sad fact is that industrial or blue collar jobs are not "trendy or "upscale' so they are discouraged.. This especially true in the city. Case in Point. Bell steel(Located at "C" and Main) is a Multi Million dollar company doing global business. Do you ever hear of them being promoted or being induced to expand? .BTW I have heard that Harry Bell Is the Mayors cousin.
Patti ship yard started at the foot of B st next to the where the retail business is now. . Part of the reason they moved out of the city was due to the BS the city provided. Not a small operation, over 50 boats built ranging from 1 million to 26 million dollars. Well over 200 million into the areas economy. There is also a very hi tech machine shop in the downtown area that is unrecognised.
So people fight and piss and have to float bonds, borrow money and put the city in debt while private businessmen bring true financial gain to the area with no city/county help.
But of course you can not buy Truffle infused Ovile oil or a 8 dollar beer at Bell Steel.

2seaoat

Local economic development nationwide has been very inefficient. It usually comes down to some people on any local chamber trying to enhance their business or real estate interests. Economic development should be handled at the state level. That is why the criticism aimed at local officials is often misplaced. The State of Florida should be giving incentives and loans to existing industrial job producers. The simple fact is that the multipliers off of industrial are four fold of retail job creation which is what the usual local economic people nationwide focus on.....nope our failure as a nation on retaining 50k factories start with the tax code, and the ineffectiveness of states fighting over the same industrial jobs and giving incentives to have one job leave one state to come here, rather than building new jobs and growing existing business.

KarlRove

KarlRove

Ghost_Rider1 wrote:
hotrod360 wrote:I never was a fan of this build when there are o many other things that need to be done in the community, but if it provides jobs and income for our area then that is great. We need something to bring in income. Wish we could have kept Lady Lex and had it home where she belongs to allow vistors to enjoy that part of our naval history as well.

The one drawback is that for the most part the jobs are seasonal and minimum wage type jobs. What Pensacola needs is high paying tech jobs, not minimum wage seasonal jobs.

Did you ever think that maybe this ball park actually attracts businesses? Better a ball park than an empty lot full of bums and bushes. Bums and bushes suck off the economy.

KarlRove

KarlRove

Hallmarkgrad1 wrote:The sad fact is that industrial or blue collar jobs are not "trendy or "upscale' so they are discouraged.. This especially true in the city. Case in Point. Bell steel(Located at "C" and Main) is a Multi Million dollar company doing global business. Do you ever hear of them being promoted or being induced to expand? .BTW I have heard that Harry Bell Is the Mayors cousin.
Patti ship yard started at the foot of B st next to the where the retail business is now. . Part of the reason they moved out of the city was due to the BS the city provided. Not a small operation, over 50 boats built ranging from 1 million to 26 million dollars. Well over 200 million into the areas economy. There is also a very hi tech machine shop in the downtown area that is unrecognised.
So people fight and piss and have to float bonds, borrow money and put the city in debt while private businessmen bring true financial gain to the area with no city/county help.
But of course you can not buy Truffle infused Ovile oil or a 8 dollar beer at Bell Steel.

Advertising. Let them ring their own bell.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum