Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

My new hero

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1My new hero Empty My new hero 1/20/2013, 1:16 pm

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/01/19/houston-waiter-refuses-to-serve-customer-who-insulted-down-syndrome-boy/

2My new hero Empty Re: My new hero 1/20/2013, 1:30 pm

2seaoat

My grandkids are usually very good when they go out to eat with the family. However, there are those times you want to hide under the table. The looks you get from other tables.......you all have seen them......the look which says......"can you not control those damn kids"........most of the time people never say anything.....but the looks.....they are certain.

Many people are struggling and when they go out they want to relax. Children crying or being unruly destroy their evening. It was wrong to focus on a child's disability.......but people have an expectation of a pleasant evening, and I guarantee that most people have been on both sides of this coin, and hopefully would not show intolerance to a handicap child. The waiter did the right thing. In my business.....nothing feels better than declining a customer who is being a jerk.....it is priceless, and if done politely hopefully changes the way people behave.

3My new hero Empty Re: My new hero 1/20/2013, 1:43 pm

Nekochan

Nekochan

From the sounds of it, Milo wasn't causing a disturbance. I have been out where the table next to us--with all adults--was louder than I would have liked them to be. I think it makes a difference what kind of restaurant it is. If it is a restaurant that caters to families with kids (they bring out a kids paper place mat with crayons, etc), you should not expect it to be quiet. I do think that people shouldn't take their kids to nicer places that have a subdued setting until their children are old enough to behave properly.

4My new hero Empty Re: My new hero 1/20/2013, 1:49 pm

Nekochan

Nekochan

I looked up the restaurant's website. At the bottom of the page there is this:

Laurenzo's Family Restaurant

That doesn't mean kids should be allowed to run wild, but no one should go there expecting it to be a quiet restaurant.

5My new hero Empty Re: My new hero 1/20/2013, 1:54 pm

Nekochan

Nekochan

Which brings me to another thing....I hate when people take their kids to R rated movies. No

6My new hero Empty Re: My new hero 1/20/2013, 1:54 pm

Speaking of adults being loud and boisterous, they is a particular restaurant in Milton that I refuse to go to. When I go out to eat, I am OK with some noise, but this place is far too loud. I was not able to enjoy my meal and have not been back since.

As the uncle of a Downs child, they is no way I would ever insult anyone with a disability of any type, let alone Downs. My niece is the sweetest little angel anyone would ever want to meet.

7My new hero Empty Re: My new hero 1/21/2013, 12:22 am

Good for him! I especially like that he didn't tell the family.

8My new hero Empty Re: My new hero 1/21/2013, 12:56 am

Markle

Markle

I do not go to "family" restaurants. I like a nice quiet restaurant. I'm old, my kids are old. One evening I was all set to go to a moderate restaurant I like. I got close and they had those yard signs out saying it was KIDS EAT FREE NIGHT! I headed to another restaurant. I really appreciate them warning me. I thanked them the next time I was in a few days later.

We have a popular Mexican Restaurant I drive by frequently. I'm not into Mexican food. They have one of those larger signs out by the road. One night a week is their "kids night" and right below that they have 2 for 1 marg. and drafts.

9My new hero Empty Re: My new hero 1/21/2013, 1:27 am

My new hero Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSXPfu4_TG3o-TXO_9XY28EXB6lmHcxadT-KahC8k-0HACCuB15

A family restaurant means just that.

If a person is looking for a quiet secluded evening then they need to go to a restaurant that specializes in that type of character and pay the price that goes with it.

*****SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQzUCO7rG0M

Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum