Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Control Issues

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Control Issues Empty Control Issues 1/18/2013, 2:18 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

What is self-control, anyway?

Self-control is self-regulation. The ability to regulate your personal reactions and impulses...a realization that behaviour is a choice....not moods and emotions but personal behaviour, it is a choice.

Why is it important? If you can’t control yourself, someone else must control you.

A little test...

Many people are controlling, and most of them don’t even realize it. In order to determine whether or not you are controlling ( be honest no one will know how you answer) ask yourself the following questions:

1. Do you get angry at other adults because they don’t do things your way?

2. Do you believe that you are always right, and most other people are usually wrong?

3.Do you tend to call other people idiots?

4.Do you feel that you need to punish (or belittle) other adults for not doing things your way?

5. Do you enjoy putting people down, or in their place?

6. Do you feel the need to dominate and direct other adults?

Trying to control others is a way to avoid learning to control yourself.

2Control Issues Empty Re: Control Issues 1/18/2013, 4:29 pm

Control Issues Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRqr5FmAM-4Hr_hDJKWTbGdomEZuNTdVyPJV9743VZ0XaF9S5Xf

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ADh8Fs3YdU

Very Happy

3Control Issues Empty Re: Control Issues 1/18/2013, 9:30 pm

Joanimaroni wrote:What is self-control, anyway?

Self-control is self-regulation. The ability to regulate your personal reactions and impulses...a realization that behaviour is a choice....not moods and emotions but personal behaviour, it is a choice.

Why is it important? If you can’t control yourself, someone else must control you.

A little test...

Many people are controlling, and most of them don’t even realize it. In order to determine whether or not you are controlling ( be honest no one will know how you answer) ask yourself the following questions:

2. Do you believe that you are always right, and most other people are usually wrong?

4.Do you feel that you need to punish (or belittle) other adults for not doing things your way?

Ha Ha. That describes most of the posters on this forum... myself included. Razz

4Control Issues Empty Re: Control Issues 1/18/2013, 9:36 pm

2seaoat

My wife would agree that you have just described me......to the letter. So now I play poker......the game tells you who is right.

5Control Issues Empty Re: Control Issues 1/18/2013, 9:50 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

2seaoat wrote:My wife would agree that you have just described me......to the letter. So now I play poker......the game tells you who is right.

Self-restraint will save you money.

6Control Issues Empty Re: Control Issues 1/19/2013, 8:33 am

Slicef18

Slicef18

Joanimaroni wrote:What is self-control, anyway?

A little test...

This is dead on true. Just watch Lance Armstrong explain his life. Also,there are occupations people with the need to control others gravitate to.
Law enforcement is at the top of the list. It gives the most power and and requires the least education and training. Watch the reaction of a policeman when he gives a citizen a command, and the person doesn't respond immediately.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum