Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Storing Nickels

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Storing Nickels Empty Storing Nickels 1/16/2013, 11:02 pm

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

http://lewrockwell.com/orig13/hathaway2.1.1.html

Are you doing due diligence with nickels? As many LRC readers know, nickels are the only real "money" being distributed by the U.S. Government at this point in time. The value of the metal in a nickel equals the fiat value assigned to it by the state. This cannot be said about the currently produced pennies, dimes, quarters, or half dollars and certainly cannot be said about the paper money or the even more insidious and plentiful computer digit money that we are forced to use. Nickels are uniformly marked, impractical to counterfeit, and easily recognizable for their metallic content (75% copper, 25% nickel)

2Storing Nickels Empty Re: Storing Nickels 1/16/2013, 11:10 pm

2seaoat

You realize we could start the panic.....right here. My wife has probably a thousand Indian head nickles her father gave her.....we need to enhance her collection. I have told this story before , but my wife and I wanted to go out to eat and we were strapped so I told her to take the change bucket in....she did.....but she forgot I had 20 silver dollars from about 1870s at the bottom....the folks in the bank never said a thing.......we had a great meal....got home and realized the silver dollars were gone....heartburn.

3Storing Nickels Empty Re: Storing Nickels 1/16/2013, 11:48 pm

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

2seaoat wrote:You realize we could start the panic.....right here. My wife has probably a thousand Indian head nickles her father gave her.....we need to enhance her collection. I have told this story before , but my wife and I wanted to go out to eat and we were strapped so I told her to take the change bucket in....she did.....but she forgot I had 20 silver dollars from about 1870s at the bottom....the folks in the bank never said a thing.......we had a great meal....got home and realized the silver dollars were gone....heartburn.

I left a gold coin I had just bought in the glove box of a sports car I took in for service...it was never seen again...by me...tums couldn't help me...

4Storing Nickels Empty Re: Storing Nickels 1/17/2013, 12:23 am

... And the damned valets stole my $600 GPS right off the windshield.

I'll never use a valet again.

5Storing Nickels Empty Re: Storing Nickels 1/17/2013, 12:28 am

Sal

Sal

I have some nickels.

I'll sell 'em to ya cheap.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum