Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Are the President's kids more important than your kids? Ad from NRA

+4
Nekochan
othershoe1030
Sal
2seaoat
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

2seaoat

Now we have truthers at Sandy Hook, and Ads by the NRA which start with the above.........when we have no common decency......we have fallen too far. I think the silent majority of Americans have had enough with the extremist who have made this country simply less safe. There will be a price paid by the NRA for ads like that.........

2seaoat wrote:Now we have truthers at Sandy Hook, and Ads by the NRA which start with the above.........when we have no common decency......we have fallen too far. I think the silent majority of Americans have had enough with the extremist who have made this country simply less safe. There will be a price paid by the NRA for ads like that.........

Yes you are right. The country is fed up with the bull shit our gov is dishing. And I dont think you know hwo the silent majority are, let me give you a clue. not you. or like you.

2seaoat

Yes you are right. The country is fed up with the bull shit our gov is dishing. And I dont think you know hwo the silent majority are, let me give you a clue. not you. or like you.

You are right.....I voted for Johnson. The majority of Americans voted for Obama. The same folks who are going to demand that the NRA and the vocal minority of crazies no longer dictate policy........game, set, match.

2seaoat wrote:Yes you are right. The country is fed up with the bull shit our gov is dishing. And I dont think you know hwo the silent majority are, let me give you a clue. not you. or like you.

You are right.....I voted for Johnson. The majority of Americans voted for Obama. The same folks who are going to demand that the NRA and the vocal minority of crazies no longer dictate policy........game, set, match.

Incorrect....this is not a "game, set, match"...Political games are one thing when dealing with issues like not allowing legislation to come up for a vote...killing legislation with any consderation etc., ....what's happening now is an attack on the Constitution by executive orders...if there are a majority that want to change the Constitution then do so by the rules that have been established...don't leave the Congress and States out...For the record have never been a fan of executive orders...The 'crazies' as they are called are the individuals that are using tragedy to take away rights and essentially change a Constitutional Right without debate and/or procedure to take the necessary steps for that change...Were the diseased animals responsible for the latest shootings at the theater and school members of the NRA?...NO ONE in the NRA or with any common sense or decency is for these types of actions and because there are people that believe this way they are now the 'radicals'?....Some of the same people that support these executive orders/policy of the cowh are so enlightened that they called for members of the NRA be 'shot'....now there's some twisted logic...When any president conducts business in this manner it truly represents what the Founding Fathers established and feared the most...a too powerful and out of control federal government....

Sal

Sal

newswatcher wrote:

Incorrect....this is not a "game, set, match"...Political games are one thing when dealing with issues like not allowing legislation to come up for a vote...killing legislation with any consderation etc., ....what's happening now is an attack on the Constitution by executive orders...if there are a majority that want to change the Constitution then do so by the rules that have been established...don't leave the Congress and States out...For the record have never been a fan of executive orders...The 'crazies' as they are called are the individuals that are using tragedy to take away rights and essentially change a Constitutional Right without debate and/or procedure to take the necessary steps for that change...Were the diseased animals responsible for the latest shootings at the theater and school members of the NRA?...NO ONE in the NRA or with any common sense or decency is for these types of actions and because there are people that believe this way they are now the 'radicals'?....Some of the same people that support these executive orders/policy of the cowh are so enlightened that they called for members of the NRA be 'shot'....now there's some twisted logic...When any president conducts business in this manner it truly represents what the Founding Fathers established and feared the most...a too powerful and out of control federal government....

Any person who is currently a NRA member (or who has been one within the last 11 years, as per standard FBI security clearance checks) should be automatically flagged as too psychologically unfit to be in possession of any firearms.

Period.

Once they have undergone extensive psychological evaluation (at their own expense) to determine that they are not domestic terrorist threats, then they may be issued permits to access firearms again, so long as they do not re-join the NRA or a similar organization.

The entire organization needs to be shut down and investigated for sedition and domestic terrorism.

For the record, I am a gun owner. I was an NRA member, but allowed my membership to expire by the late-'80s because I was so utterly disgusted with what they had become.

I now view them as a national security threat and a domestic terrorist organization, and that view point is unlikely to change for the remainder of my lifetime.

The NRA does not even represent the vast majority of their members, who overwhelmingly support background checks, assault weapons bans, etc.

The real constituency for the NRA are not the "members" but the arms manufacturers who fund it in the millions of dollars each year and who pack its board with their executives.

Why do they want security guards in schools? Because it will mean more gun purchases, pure and simple. Thousands upon thousands of schools in communities all across the country DO NOT NEED 'security guards' being paid to wander the halls with nothing to do on the off chance that a armed intruder with body armor and an arsenal and a death wish might show up. Even a highly trained special ops veteran would be ill suited to hunting down a shooter in the mayhem of a school, much less an off-duty Barney Fife.

What the NRA does want is to feed the paranoia that we all NEED to be massively armed to exist in this country to be safe.

Shorter NRA in this ad - "Back Off, Or We Kill Your Daughters".

Last edited by Sal on 1/16/2013, 10:37 am; edited 1 time in total

Sal wrote:
newswatcher wrote:

Any person who is currently a NRA member (or who has been one within the last 11 years, as per standard FBI security clearance checks) should be automatically flagged as too psychologically unfit to be in possession of any firearms.

Period.

Once they have undergone extensive psychological evaluation (at their own expense) to determine that they are not domestic terrorist threats, then they may be issued permits to access firearms again, so long as they do not re-join the NRA or a similar organization.

The entire organization needs to be shut down and investigated for sedition and domestic terrorism.

For the record, I am a gun owner. I was an NRA member, but allowed my membership to expire by the late-'80s because I was so utterly disgusted with what they had become.

I now view them as a national security threat and a domestic terrorist organization, and that view point is unlikely to change for the remainder of my lifetime.

The NRA does not even represent the vast majority of their members, who overwhelmingly support background checks, assault weapons bans, etc.

The real constituency for the NRA are not the "members" but the arms manufacturers who fund it in the millions of dollars each year and who pack its board with their executives.

Why do they want security guards in schools? Because it will mean more gun purchases, pure and simple. Thousands upon thousands of schools in communities all across the country DO NOT NEED 'security guards' being paid to wander the halls with nothing to do on the off chance that a armed intruder with body armor and an arsenal in a bag and a death wish who might show up. Even a highly trained special ops veteran would be ill suited to hunting down a shooter in the mayhem of a school, much less an off-duty Barney Fife.

What the NRA does want is to feed the paranoia that we all NEED to be massively armed to exist in this country to be safe.

And this poster is capable of defining/labeling what he calls 'crazies'...perhaps reading this rant explains another definition....

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

This makes for some interesting reading especially if you aren't familiar with the history of the NRA which was established in 1871 by some Civil War vets.

In advance of riotous complaints from the usual suspects as to the origin of this article I say fine, discover your own parallel history of the organization and feel free as a bird to post it also.

http://www.alternet.org/suprising-unknown-history-nra

Nekochan

Nekochan

I think that the NRA has a point....but I am against using children in this debate. I don't think the NRA should use Obama's kids and I don't think Obama should use kids like he's going to do today.

stormwatch89

stormwatch89

newswatcher wrote:
2seaoat wrote:Yes you are right. The country is fed up with the bull shit our gov is dishing. And I dont think you know hwo the silent majority are, let me give you a clue. not you. or like you.

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

knothead

knothead

Personally, I tend to agree more with Sal and the points he has made regarding the NRA.

knothead wrote:Personally, I tend to agree more with Sal and the points he has made regarding the NRA.

The NRA fights to PROTECT the Second Amendment to the Constitution and for the rights of law abiding citizens to own firearms legally as set by the Founding Fathers. Just think....does anyone really think that the NRA (or anyone else) would want the negative publicity when there is a tragedy...NO ONE supports/defends/excuses the behavior/actions of these sick individuals but punishment towards law abiding citizens and regulations will not put an end to future tragedies...it would be impossible to pass a law and expect the problem be solved...Some of the most strict gun laws on record have some of the highest levels of gun related violence--criminals do not and will not adhere to the new laws and regulations...But should the approach be to amend the second amendement then do so in accordance with the amending procedure and allow the process to be defined...debated..and voted upon and see the will of the people...

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

newswatcher wrote:
knothead wrote:Personally, I tend to agree more with Sal and the points he has made regarding the NRA.

The NRA fights to PROTECT the Second Amendment to the Constitution and for the rights of law abiding citizens to own firearms legally as set by the Founding Fathers. Just think....does anyone really think that the NRA (or anyone else) would want the negative publicity when there is a tragedy...NO ONE supports/defends/excuses the behavior/actions of these sick individuals but punishment towards law abiding citizens and regulations will not put an end to future tragedies...it would be impossible to pass a law and expect the problem be solved...Some of the most strict gun laws on record have some of the highest levels of gun related violence--criminals do not and will not adhere to the new laws and regulations...But should the approach be to amend the second amendement then do so in accordance with the amending procedure and allow the process to be defined...debated..and voted upon and see the will of the people...

IMO the NRA is the lobbying agent for gun manufacturers. They are in a win-win situation. When there is a mass shooting some people go out and buy another gun for personal protection, cha-ching, a gun sale. And if there is an up-tic in demand for sensible gun safety laws people go out and buy more guns for fear of the source being cut off, cha-ching, more gun sales.
Their answer to gun violence in schools?...More armed guards at every school, cha-ching more gun sales. Isn't it evident they love gun sales?

The NRA thrives on negative events. If they really cared about making sure only sane people could buy guns they'd be pushing for laws that supported that. Are they? Of course no law will insure the end to gun violence but we shouldn't let the perfect be the enemy of the good. Mental health access is also an issue that needs to be addressed.

knothead

knothead

newswatcher wrote:

I have an appreciation for your point-of-view, I really do. The points you articulate demonstrate how difficult and complex this issue is to remedy. Banning 'assault' weapons probably won't be effective although it would be legal according to current law. It is so complex yet begs for responsible comprehensive action, I concede I do not have the answer.

othershoe1030 wrote:
newswatcher wrote:

IMO the NRA is the lobbying agent for gun manufacturers. They are in a win-win situation. When there is a mass shooting some people go out and buy another gun for personal protection, cha-ching, a gun sale. And if there is an up-tic in demand for sensible gun safety laws people go out and buy more guns for fear of the source being cut off, cha-ching, more gun sales.
Their answer to gun violence in schools?...More armed guards at every school, cha-ching more gun sales. Isn't it evident they love gun sales?

The NRA thrives on negative events. If they really cared about making sure only sane people could buy guns they'd be pushing for laws that supported that. Are they? Of course no law will insure the end to gun violence but we shouldn't let the perfect be the enemy of the good. Mental health access is also an issue that needs to be addressed.

Gun sales go up due to the actions/threats/rhetoric that comes from this administration and their desire to deny the rights of law abiding citizens to purchase/own legal firearms and ammunition...Remember years ago when there were quite a few that scoffed at the idea of armed officers being placed in high schools?...Then it trickled down to include Middle Schools and now sadly needed in Elementary Schools...This as you posted is not the answer to gun violence in schools but it now has become necessary in today's society...Lastly, please explain how identification of a mentally ill individual is going to be found?.... Will doctors become investigators for the government?...Government going to release medical information?...Would medication for say depression etc.,going to be a regulation for not purchasing a firearm?....Just what would government have to be expanded to in order to investigate and document?...In this latest incident of course the deseased animal was mental and was denied in his attempt to purchase a weapon so the checks in place worked but that did not stop him from obtaining weapons through illegal means...

knothead wrote:
newswatcher wrote:

I have an appreciation for your point-of-view, I really do. The points you articulate demonstrate how difficult and complex this issue is to remedy. Banning 'assault' weapons probably won't be effective although it would be legal according to current law. It is so complex yet begs for responsible comprehensive action, I concede I do not have the answer.

Just for the record...all weapons can be used to assault...just what will be left when all instruments are banned that may result in injuries/deaths?...Correct and agree about not knowing the answer...what I do know is that the actions being taken are irresponsible and politically motivated by capitalizing on a horrible tragedy...Amending the Constitution against the will of the people is not the answer....lastly by whatever definition the media/politicans are attempting to use...an 'assault' rifle was not used but is the targeted instrument....

2seaoat

“I have never believed in the general practice of carrying weapons,” he testified before the 1938 law was passed. “I do not believe in the general promiscuous toting of guns. I think it should be sharply restricted and only under licenses.”

This statement came from the president of the NRA. I grew up with a father who was an NRA member who enjoyed shooting competitively and I spent weekends with my family who all shot at gun clubs until my father died when I was 10. I continued my love of shooting in scouting and shot competitively and won numerous awards based on my shooting prowess. I loved the environment and people who celebrated shooting. My father was a stickler on gun safety. When we hunted he taught me about gun safety and the only time I saw my father lose his temper was when my brother was carrying a shot gun incorrectly in the field.

I would spend hours going through my fathers outdoor magazines dreaming about getting a new gun, and getting to shoot the same. The NRA and scouting stressed gun safety, and the intention from the beginning was to have a well prepared populace who understood how to shoot and use a gun. A neighboring high school had this amazing shooting range in the basement of their gym, and the YMCA I attended as a child had a shooting range where I shot target practice with an instructor every weekend after my father died.

The entire mission of the NRA has shifted from an honorable mission to one of an evil mission to promote gun sales and make money. They have succeeded. Lots of money to make when you manipulate the message. I am a strong supporter of the 2nd amendment, but I am equally the advocate of my father......who so long ago taught me about gun safety......I will support any policy which works to improve gun safety and uses common sense. The NRA is exactly what is wrong about this country. It is a corrupt organization which has bastardized its original mission.

2seaoat wrote:Now we have truthers at Sandy Hook, and Ads by the NRA which start with the above.........when we have no common decency......we have fallen too far. I think the silent majority of Americans have had enough with the extremist who have made this country simply less safe. There will be a price paid by the NRA for ads like that.........

....and what were your thoughts when many in the administration and the Democratic side of Congress made an analogy that gun owners were no better than child molesters?? Hmmmm

2seaoat wrote:
The entire mission of the NRA has shifted from an honorable mission to one of an evil mission to promote gun sales and make money. They have succeeded. Lots of money to make when you manipulate the message. I am a strong supporter of the 2nd amendment, but I am equally the advocate of my father......who so long ago taught me about gun safety......I will support any policy which works to improve gun safety and uses common sense. The NRA is exactly what is wrong about this country. It is a corrupt organization which has bastardized its original mission.

Like all dems, you are against people making a profit...sheeesh.

Nekochan wrote:I think that the NRA has a point....but I am against using children in this debate. I don't think the NRA should use Obama's kids and I don't think Obama should use kids like he's going to do today.

Fire has to be fought with fire in this instance. Meek and mild Mitt got schooled for being too timid.

2seaoat

Like all dems, you are against people making a profit...sheeesh.

Gee how does Al Gore fit into your paradigm.....

"The entire mission of the NRA has shifted from an honorable mission to one of an evil mission to promote gun sales and make money. They have succeeded. Lots of money to make when you manipulate the message. I am a strong supporter of the 2nd amendment, but I am equally the advocate of my father......who so long ago taught me about gun safety......I will support any policy which works to improve gun safety and uses common sense. The NRA is exactly what is wrong about this country. It is a corrupt organization which has bastardized its original mission."

You are correct, the mission of the NRA has shifted over the years and it is a good thing. The NRA has taken a hard-line no compromise stance because of evil people in this country who are slowly dismantling the second amendment under the guise of safety, people like you. Every once and a while you get a liberal to publicly say what they really want just look at the new laws New York passed all under the guise of safety. The strictest gun laws in the nation, one step closer to search and seizures of firearms under the guise of safety.

An expanded ban on assault weapons that broadens the definition to include semiautomatic pistols and rifles with detachable magazines and one “military-style feature”.
It Forces gun owners to renew their licenses every five years.
Bans semiautomatic shotguns with one military-style feature.
Bans any gun magazine that can hold over 7 rounds of ammunition.
Requires anyone with these weapons to immediately register them with the state.

All ridiculous laws that will do absolutely nothing to stop or curb violent crime, it is a feel good measure to satisfy the simple minded folk that walk around in fear of the oh so scary "assault rifle". These people are the ones that fuel the NRA and have caused the NRA's numbers to drastically increase.

2seaoat

under the guise of safety, people like you.

yep....and people like Ronald Reagan. Gun safety is common sense. I know of no responsible gun owner who does not want gun safety.....the NRA does not want the discussion......therein lies the problem.

2seaoat wrote:Like all dems, you are against people making a profit...sheeesh.

Gee how does Al Gore fit into your paradigm.....

He's obviously worse than our last GOP candidate for POTUS as he now has more money than him.

2seaoat wrote:under the guise of safety, people like you.

yep....and people like Ronald Reagan. Gun safety is common sense. I know of no responsible gun owner who does not want gun safety.....the NRA does not want the discussion......therein lies the problem.

You are correct again, the NRA doesn't want the discussion because we are not talking about gun safety. Gun safety is common sense so why don't we talk gun safety instead of banning guns and banning high capacity magazines. The NRA is a huge proponent of gun safety, maybe when the Imperial leader and his minions start talking safety instead of restrictions on legal owners, gun bans, and confiscations the NRA will come to the table. Hence the NRA's hard line stance.

no stress

no stress

newswatcher wrote:
Sal wrote:
newswatcher wrote:

Period.

Why do they want security guards in schools? Because it will mean more gun purchases, pure and simple. Thousands upon thousands of schools in communities all across the country DO NOT NEED 'security guards' being paid to wander the halls with nothing to do on the off chance that a armed intruder with body armor and an arsenal in a bag and a death wish who might show up. Even a highly trained special ops veteran would be ill suited to hunting down a shooter in the mayhem of a school, much less an off-duty Barney Fife.

And this poster is capable of defining/labeling what he calls 'crazies'...perhaps reading this rant explains another definition....

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum