Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Do you keep your car keys on the bedstand?

+2
Hospital Bob
2seaoat
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

2seaoat

My wife has told me when I am not around that she keeps the car keys next to her bed. She asked me if I knew why? I thought....well I am a dumbasz and forget where I put the keys....so is she being subtle calling me a dumbasz......and then she proceeds to show me that she can set off the car alarm with a press of the button, and if both cars are there both cars will start honking. Damn......I thought she was brilliant.....I would never have thought about that, but she explains that women all over the country are being instructed in self defense classes to keep their keys readily available next to the bed and test to make sure the range of the signal works in an emergency.....I am constantly learning.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

That's a pretty smart suggestion, seaoat.

I hate to have to admit this, but lately I've been doing something REALLY stupid.
When I come in from the car carrying stuff and go to unlock the door sometimes I leave the keys in the door because my hands are full.
On at least a half dozen occasions over the last few months I've awakened the next morning to discover that my damn keys are still in the door lock ON THE OUTSIDE. The keys to my house and my car.

2seaoat

ON THE OUTSIDE. The keys to my house and my car.

The crooks look at your keys hanging on the outside of your door, and having read the PNJ and this fourm.......they figure you are lying in wait.....ready to put a notch on your gun......plus crooks would not drive a Prius.....no status....no pizzazzz.....so you may have figured out another angle to home safety.....leave your keys in the door and announce to the world that there is one crazy in waiting.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

I have heard that before and it is a very good idea.

So If I press on my keys, my trucks hrrn will blow? wow!! Neat. Thanks for the tip
[img]Do you keep your car keys on the bedstand? 520sat[/img]

Nekochan

Nekochan

hallmarkgrad wrote:So If I press on my keys, my trucks hrrn will blow? wow!! Neat. Thanks for the tip

LOL....at least it doesn't cost a small fortune to make a copy of your truck key. Smile

2seaoat

So If I press on my keys, my trucks hrrn will blow? wow!! Neat. Thanks for the tip

I have found you can judge a man by their keys.....I envy your simplicity.....it is a model I am striving to attain. I remember as a kid I carried no keys or wallet.....someday I hope to return to that freedom.

Nekochan wrote:
hallmarkgrad wrote:So If I press on my keys, my trucks hrrn will blow? wow!! Neat. Thanks for the tip

LOL....at least it doesn't cost a small fortune to make a copy of your truck key. Smile

Neko are you aware that you cna get a regular key cut that will unlock your trunk, doors and glove compartment with having to have a chip in it all for less than $10.00.

My daughter used to lock her keys in the car and was always calling a locksmith to open the door. He suggested she go to Lowes and have a door only key made and keep it in a safe place. It cost her $7.95.

But I agree if you get a programmable key made you are looking at over a hundred bucks. She contacted the dealer about a spare key and they wanted $135.00 for it. She could have bought one online for about $50.00 but to have it programmed was another $75.00.

I have found you can judge a man by their keys.....I envy your simplicity.....it is a model I am striving to attain. I remember as a kid I carried no keys or wallet.....someday I hope to return to that freedom.

Thank you for the complement. Actually I only car the one car key..I had to go look in a box to find the keys to take a picture. I have dogs in my house so I dont lock it, and my shop would be very difficult to secure.
I live a simple life style. My only bills are the Gulf Power,Ecua, cable and Car insurance. House is paid for and insurance is just too high so I run with out.
Not a life style that many would choose, but it works for me. All is Good.

I wouldn't want to scare them away.. Let them try to enter.. Twisted Evil

My GUN is within reach of my bed. A car alarm is usually regarded as little more than a nuisance.

2seaoat

I wouldn't want to scare them away.. Let them try to enter..

You go ahead and clean up the mess.....I think I will try to scare them away first.....then clean up the mess if they are hearing impaired.

Nekochan

Nekochan

A car alarm along with a loaded gun.....nothing wrong with both!

stormwatch89

stormwatch89

Funny subject.

I have the 380 in my nightstand.

Pepper spray in the purse.

Extra....door only key for the car in my purse.

Supplemental keys in my office.

Gate key also in the office. (yes, I have gates)

Extra garage door opener in my office.

Dogs with me at all times.

What could go wrong to quote PKR

Yomama wrote:My GUN isGUNS are within reach of my bed. A car alarm is usually regarded as little more than a nuisance.
]

There...fixed it for ya.

Slicef18

Slicef18

If this ever happens, take a cell phone and call hubby, boyfriend, girlfriend or anyone having a set of keys with remote to your car. Have them hold the remote to the phone and press the unlock button while you hold phone near the driver's door. It will unlock every time. Try it for fun.

2seaoat wrote:My wife has told me when I am not around that she keeps the car keys next to her bed. She asked me if I knew why? I thought....well I am a dumbasz and forget where I put the keys....so is she being subtle calling me a dumbasz......and then she proceeds to show me that she can set off the car alarm with a press of the button, and if both cars are there both cars will start honking. Damn......I thought she was brilliant.....I would never have thought about that, but she explains that women all over the country are being instructed in self defense classes to keep their keys readily available next to the bed and test to make sure the range of the signal works in an emergency.....I am constantly learning.

I do not, and you can see why below.

Do you keep your car keys on the bedstand? IMG_20130117_020246

However, I learned this some years back in a women's only self defense course @UWF and passed it along to my friends and family (and if I remember correctly, on the PNJ forum). My mom, granny and sisters now keep their keys on the bedside stand. I have other self-defense systems at-hand. Smile

lol... Maybe I should try that as well, hg. Great response... you always crack me up.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum