Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Zero Dark Thirty ... Yawn ...

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Zero Dark Thirty ... Yawn ... Empty Zero Dark Thirty ... Yawn ... 1/13/2013, 1:37 am

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

I had a hard time choosing which side to root for. The Jihadists felt morally justified and were totally committed to killing Americans. The CIA gangsters were similarly armed in their vendetta to kill Arabs. Most of the film dealt with the frustrations of the main character, a 12-year CIA agent who suffers repeated put downs by her stupid, bureaucratic bosses as she single-handedly tracks down the wily Bin Ladin. Maya (as she's called in the movie) has almost zero dark thirty qualities other than her bulldog-like attitude. With no friends, and no hobbies or interests other than her pursuit of Bin Ladin, she's not in love with any man or woman ... only herself. The filmmakers hurl us from one intel frustration factoid to another ... Yawn. The predictable end is crammed with our superbowl SEAL team, wearing multi-goggled night vision devices, SWATting their way through Bin Ladin's digs, which all of us knew took place before we entered the theatre. Yawn. I drove home thinking the movie's only message is we live in a sick, sick, sick revolting world. Surely the SEALs and CIA goofballs are necessary ... but believing they're all in it for mom and apple pie is as realistic as believing that Bank of America really cares about the welfare of their customers. Reality.

Last edited by Wordslinger on 1/13/2013, 1:39 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I wanted to)

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Thank you for an honest review..did they have the exciting conclusion where the CIA blew up all the seals that might rat out the whole phoney operation ?

2seaoat

Just saw the movie.....I have to agree with the one big YAWN. Overall I liked the movie, but for this to get awards.....well......I guess Hollywood has its own system. It was too long and did not get interesting until the last third of the movie. The torture scenes were gratuitous, but the layers of CIA bureaucrats was dead cinch certain. You get a good feel for what went on in Libya when you see this film, and you better understand their skills and courage..........but in all honesty.....be prepared for the first half hour to fall asleep. My wife tapped me on the shoulder and said something like....you are not falling asleep are you......nope.....but I could have. The last 1/3 of the movie was very good, so just be patient.

Acting was marginal, the script was marginal, and the action scenes were very good......how this movie beat out anybody for a golden globe is puzzling.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum