Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

US Navy Medicine video: Bath Salts.....It's Not a Fad, it's a NIGHTMARE!

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

This is one of the most informative videos I've seen in a while. It's a video developed by the department of medicine of the US Navy. This six minute video addresses both the immediate and long-term effects of bath salt use.

Last edited by PBulldog2 on 1/6/2013, 10:37 am; edited 1 time in total

Thats crazy.

I also think its a little weird the Navy is putting this out.

2seaoat

My wife has done bath salts for years with no ill effect......of course she puts them in the bath. My question is if they are so dangerous with inhaling.....what is the effect of soaking in bath salts. Is their some kind of physical reaction to bath salts when you soak in them? The video talked about anal introduction into the body of bath salts.....but what the hell is soaking but not the same? I just do not understand why we do not decriminalize 80% of current illegal drugs so folks would not huff or use bath salts as substitutes for much safer and consistent drugs. I got a kick out of the bath salts being shipped to the user.....like you cannot go and get the same at your local store.......it made it seem like something sinister.

"Bath Salts" is just a misnomer for a type of dope. It has nothing to do with real bath salts. Synthetic crap labelled as "incense", same thing. No one is going to go Circle K, pay 40 dollars for a tiny bag of junk and burn it to make the house smell better. I think you trolled me on this one. But....................

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

Chrissy wrote:Thats crazy.

The Navy doc is spot on with his description of bath salts effects. Granted, the Navy dramatized it with the whole "demons" thing, but severe hallucinations, a la a bad LSD trip, are common with bath salts, moreso than spice. The biggest problem is the lingering side effects after the "high" is gone. The doctor in the movie is right - it's just like schizophrenia, and can take weeks to clear, if ever.

The Navy is cracking down hard on spice and bath salt use (rumor is they've come up with a test for it, but I don't believe it). Hence, their demon movie. Maybe they were trying for another "Reefer Madness"? Smile

SeaOat, I smiled at your description of your wife's admitted bath salt use. I'll admit that I, too use real bath salts (especially Epsom salts these days) in my bath. The thing is, the bath salts discussed in this video aren't anything like what we use for tub soaks. There's no comparison, chemically speaking. But you knew that.

PBulldog2 wrote:
Chrissy wrote:Thats crazy.

The Navy doc is spot on with his description of bath salts effects. Granted, the Navy dramatized it with the whole "demons" thing, but severe hallucinations, a la a bad LSD trip, are common with bath salts, moreso than spice. The biggest problem is the lingering side effects after the "high" is gone. The doctor in the movie is right - it's just like schizophrenia, and can take weeks to clear, if ever.

The Navy is cracking down hard on spice and bath salt use (rumor is they've come up with a test for it, but I don't believe it). Hence, their demon movie. Maybe they were trying for another "Reefer Madness"? Smile

SeaOat, I smiled at your description of your wife's admitted bath salt use. I'll admit that I, too use real bath salts (especially Epsom salts these days) in my bath. The thing is, the bath salts discussed in this video aren't anything like what we use for tub soaks. There's no comparison, chemically speaking. But you knew that.

Ill admit, I dont know the difference or anything about bath salt usage. I have used them before in my baths. and im going to be silly but I got some not long ago as a present and hid the damn stuff out of fear someone inmy house would try it. Embarassed

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

Oh, goodness, don't even worry about the bath salts if they are the traditional kind bought at Walgreen's or Bath and whatever-the-heck-it-is. They are OK. All somebody would get from snorting them is a sore nose.

The bath salts sold at convenience store for over $20.00 a pop are labeled "bath salts" only because that's a way for them to put them on the market. They are also labeled "not for human consumption."

Those "bath salts" - which having nothing to do with a bath - are chemicals that are supposed to mimic the effects of pot when snorted. When the chemicals in any one bath salt compound are placed on the list of illegals, the chemists from the dark side go back to work and formulate a new chemical that will do something similar. That's what makes the darned things so dangerous - a person never knows what he or she is getting.

It can be many months before the new chemical compound is placed on the illegals list. During that time, the chemists and the shop proprietors make a bundle selling that garbage. It is soooo frustrating for law enforcement as well as those who take care of those people when they take a particularly bad trip.

Like SeaOat, I'm all for making pot legal. I would much rather someone smoke pot than mess with the chemicals in bath salts and spice. However, employers and probation officers have a urine test for marijuana, which is the only reason so many people opt for bath salts and spice.

Oh, geez. I'm back on my soap box, and I ran out of my Epsom salts....!

2seaoat

There's no comparison, chemically speaking. But you knew that.

Nope, I like showers......I always thought the abuse of bath salts was derived from actual bath salts......and I thought in fact people were abusing the same. What you are suggesting is that there is not overlap between traditional bath salts at the grocery and bath salt use? So nobody is abusing bath salts sold at Publix? I know nothing about bath salts, but I do know my wife is addicted to her baths, and that after taking her baths she thinks I look ok....so I know she might be hallucinating......so the Navy video was very informative......I am insisting that she put more salt in her baths.

I'm guessing that these salts are heavy metals... which can have profound chemical and electrical effects on body and mind. There are blood tests for those chemicals. Does anyone know exactly what the ingredients are?

2seaoat

I'm guessing that these salts are heavy metals... which can have profound chemical and electrical effects on body and mind. There are blood tests for those chemicals. Does anyone know exactly what the ingredients are?

Nope.....but I do know my wife smells good after using bath salts.....so it must have some of that smell good chemicals in the box, and that she has been setting off metal detectors from those heavy metals.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

2seaoat wrote:I'm guessing that these salts are heavy metals... which can have profound chemical and electrical effects on body and mind. There are blood tests for those chemicals. Does anyone know exactly what the ingredients are?

Nope.....but I do know my wife smells good after using bath salts.....so it must have some of that smell good chemicals in the box, and that she has been setting off metal detectors from those heavy metals.

I think the only thing she sets off is your detectors. Embarassed

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

2seaoat wrote:There's no comparison, chemically speaking. But you knew that.

Nope, I like showers......I always thought the abuse of bath salts was derived from actual bath salts......and I thought in fact people were abusing the same. What you are suggesting is that there is not overlap between traditional bath salts at the grocery and bath salt use? So nobody is abusing bath salts sold at Publix? I know nothing about bath salts, but I do know my wife is addicted to her baths, and that after taking her baths she thinks I look ok....so I know she might be hallucinating......so the Navy video was very informative......I am insisting that she put more salt in her baths.

That's why I take the time to post this stuff here. Very Happy You'd be amazed at the number of people who think traditional bath salts and the "bath salts" sold at convenience stores and head shops are the same thing. They aren't, and never were. The chemical combinations sold at those places were deliberately mis-named "bath salts" so they could get away with selling them.

I don't know what would happen to the lil' old lady who buys bath salts at the convenience store and then soaks in same.....I honestly don't know. Good question. Hopefully nobody will pay that price for what they think are traditional bath salts, though.

Last edited by PBulldog2 on 1/5/2013, 12:18 pm; edited 1 time in total

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

PkrBum wrote:I'm guessing that these salts are heavy metals... which can have profound chemical and electrical effects on body and mind. There are blood tests for those chemicals. Does anyone know exactly what the ingredients are?

PKR, I had a copy of that list of the chemicals that was distributed by the Florida AG last July. It was about two pages long, single-spaced. And that list was only the chemicals that had been declared illegal. I can't put my hands on that list now, but I'll see what I can find online.

I don't know if any of those chemical combinations included heavy metals. I expect you're correct, considering the magnitude of signs and symptoms users display both initially and post-high.

(If "post-high" isn't a word, it is now.) Wink

EDIT: PKR, here's the list. I was wrong. It's four pages long!

http://www.thehealthlawfirm.com/uploads/Schedule1.pdf

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum