Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The good guys got a temporary setback

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

2seaoat

http://www.pnj.com/comments/article/20130103/BUSINESS/301030009/Distinctive-Kitchens-closing-on-Palafox-in-downtown-Pensacola

It is really hard. All I am seeing are the good people who built this country getting the crap knocked out of them. This store was a class act and an important part of Downtown Pensacola. We have been fortunate to have shared the owner's wisdom on these forums for years. As I am getting the snot knocked out of me in so many ways......I have this overwhelming sense of blessing, and to that end I hope that good things will come to other folks who face the challenges of our time. The comments in the PNJ reflect the positive impact of the store and owner.....may good things come to him in the future.

I really hate to read that.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Many small businesses are in trouble.

Hey seaoat, its what you wanted. obama's economy of extended unemployment and foodstamps, obamacare tax and now a higher tax for those wealthy people you know who dont provide jobs, unlike that tax break hollywood got from the fiscal cliff deal.

What did you expect?

Perhaps reality will wake you up?

expect to see more small biz close. I know at my company we are, and we are waiting to take that biznez for ourself, so we an work twice as much in the same amount of hours with the same amount of people.

Welcome to the new world.

2seaoat wrote:http://www.pnj.com/comments/article/20130103/BUSINESS/301030009/Distinctive-Kitchens-closing-on-Palafox-in-downtown-Pensacola

It is really hard. All I am seeing are the good people who built this country getting the crap knocked out of them. This store was a class act and an important part of Downtown Pensacola. We have been fortunate to have shared the owner's wisdom on these forums for years. As I am getting the snot knocked out of me in so many ways......I have this overwhelming sense of blessing, and to that end I hope that good things will come to other folks who face the challenges of our time. The comments in the PNJ reflect the positive impact of the store and owner.....may good things come to him in the future.

It's Obama...he's just begun...but like Chrissy said, "it's what you wanted" and unfortunately a lot of what YOU and others like you have reaped, the rest of us will sow.

They were competing w/ big box stores and online sales. They were located inconveniently, dealing with items that are for the most part, lifetime purchases. Folk don't drop off a set of carving knives @ Goodwill because they went out of style.

Their target customer was either a tourist, or a local foody, but how many Chef's knives do I really need....?

They made it inconvenient and over-priced, so I'm surprised they made it this long.

I salute their effort and bought several items from them. They were always extremely nice and I liked going in there to look at "the stuff".

Any person brave enough to open a business on S. Palafox gets a tip of my hat, and I wish them success.

Chrissy wrote:Hey seaoat, its what you wanted. obama's economy of extended unemployment and foodstamps, obamacare tax and now a higher tax for those wealthy people you know who dont provide jobs, unlike that tax break hollywood got from the fiscal cliff deal.

What did you expect?

Perhaps reality will wake you up?

expect to see more small biz close. I know at my company we are, and we are waiting to take that biznez for ourself, so we an work twice as much in the same amount of hours with the same amount of people.

Welcome to the new world.

SOS....... different day.

PACEDOG#1 wrote:
2seaoat wrote:http://www.pnj.com/comments/article/20130103/BUSINESS/301030009/Distinctive-Kitchens-closing-on-Palafox-in-downtown-Pensacola

It's Obama...he's just begun...but like Chrissy said, "it's what you wanted" and unfortunately a lot of what YOU and others like you have reaped, the rest of us will sow.

Rolling Eyes

boards of FL

boards of FL

W_T_M wrote:They were competing w/ big box stores and online sales. They were located inconveniently, dealing with items that are for the most part, lifetime purchases. Folk don't drop off a set of carving knives @ Goodwill because they went out of style.

Their target customer was either a tourist, or a local foody, but how many Chef's knives do I really need....?

They made it inconvenient and over-priced, so I'm surprised they made it this long.

I salute their effort and bought several items from them. They were always extremely nice and I liked going in there to look at "the stuff".

Any person brave enough to open a business on S. Palafox gets a tip of my hat, and I wish them success.

Yep.

I thought the ballpark was gonna make downtown boom.. Shocked

Jake92

I wonder how much business they did on those gallery nights and things where the streets were closed and the drunks walking around..

Lurch wrote:I thought the ballpark was gonna make downtown boom.. Shocked
LOL Might be a good place for a Studer Kool aid/Olive oil/Blue Wahoo T shirt shop.
The good guys got a temporary setback Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSAtm93F9-blbUELkb-5sfWDG0FyZX3eaFQZotBPQ9kx7DDITd4TQ

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum