Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Surfing Pensacola Beach Over the Years

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

surfnrg

surfnrg

[img]Surfing Pensacola Beach Over the Years Scan123630001_zpsb92a6f0e[/img]

First in a series, this is Hurricane Gordon taken off the end of the old pier with a telephoto. This is me and two friends scrambling around a clean up set. This is about 200 yards past the end of that pier, the waves were breaking perfect all the way to the beach. It lasted all day. 2-3x overhead.

One of the best days of all time on Pbeach. Very Happy

surfnrg wrote:[img]Surfing Pensacola Beach Over the Years Scan123630001_zpsb92a6f0e[/img]

First in a series, this is Hurricane Gordon taken off the end of the old pier with a telephoto. This is me and two friends scrambling around a clean up set. This is about 200 yards past the end of that pier, the waves were breaking perfect all the way to the beach. It lasted all day. 2-3x overhead.

VERY nice, Surf. Very nice surf too.

I haven't been out in anything that looks that good. I surfed every Pensacola hurricane (or tried to surf) from 1964-1981. I couldn't get outside on Camille, but the bodysurfing on a long shore break was phenomenal.

On a Thanksgiving day in 1974 or maybe '75, there were great waves. We had 4 people in my Hudson Hornet and anticipated riding the Perdido Jetty, but they had a shrimp boat bust (square shrimp) and somebody ran and they were looking for them. They had cops at the top of the bridge at the pass and made us turn around. Assholes! We went back to the first parking lot and just fought the rip all day.

3Surfing Pensacola Beach Over the Years Empty the real reason 12/28/2012, 8:26 pm

surfnrg

surfnrg

[img]Surfing Pensacola Beach Over the Years Suzie[/img]

A surfer girl getting ready to paddle out. It's why we all started to surf, I did at 13, if any guy tells you different, he's lying Very Happy

4Surfing Pensacola Beach Over the Years Empty EAST JETTIES 12/30/2012, 6:48 pm

surfnrg

surfnrg

[img]Surfing Pensacola Beach Over the Years 603271_680263629688_81413342_n_zpsb1ccfcd7[/img]

Last Thursday East Jetties Destin

surfnrg wrote:[img]Surfing Pensacola Beach Over the Years 603271_680263629688_81413342_n_zpsb1ccfcd7[/img]

Last Thursday East Jetties Destin

Very nice. Is that you, man?

Dcat

Dcat

Great pictures surfnrg. I don't think I've ever seen anything like that on P'cola beach. I have a very athletic girlfriend now and she has convinced me to take up surfing again after about 35 years. We've bought an 8ft. and a 6ft. board. As well as some wetsuits. I'm amazed at how light the epoxy boards are now in comparison to the fiberglass. Although the general quality of the waves here are as lousy as I remember. And on the good days, it's still exhausting to paddle out past the sandbars for such a short ride. Granted though I'm not in the same shape I was at 18. It's still great fun and good exercise. Although it's a bit disconcerting to see these pictures from Cali and other places with such nice, clean, and evenly spaced sets.

surfnrg wrote:[img]Surfing Pensacola Beach Over the Years Scan123630001_zpsb92a6f0e[/img]

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum