Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Reinstate Prohibition, Ban alcoholic beverages!!!!!

+2
boards of FL
2seaoat
6 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Why do we need alcohol for consumption? It serves absolutely no purpose, it doesn't cure anything, it doesn't offer any nutritional value, and you do not need it to survive. Every year tens of thousands of family’s lives are destroyed from alcohol. Every year thousands of irresponsible citizens get behind the wheel impaired and murder innocent citizens. In 2010 10,228 people died in alcohol impaired driving crashes, 211 of those were children between the ages of 1-14. But what the hell it’s just kids right and after all we need to be able to drink. What fun is a party if you can’t get shit faced, hop in the ole car and go out and kill some people right? Who cares how many people are killed every day in alcohol related incidents we have to be able to drink. Hell if we reinstate prohibition we will not get to see any more live streaming videos of forum members sitting around their house getting trashed or cute little avatars of them chugging down a beer in a public place. Wonder how many people that irresponsible forum member will kill in his lifetime.

2seaoat

No need to ban alcohol if auto safety is your goal. Where we agree a comprehensive auto module will take years to implement....we could mandate ignition interlock in as short of a period as five years and effectively save the lives equal to the lives we have lost in this nation with our two wars over the past decade. No need to ban guns if gun safety is your goal. We simply need to make common sense regulations which improve the bottom line concerning the loss of lives which are predictable and preventable. There will always be folks who die in cars and die by guns, but if safety is our focus rather than prohibition and control.....we can actually save lives, save money, and use our brains for a change.......this all or nothing debate of prohibition, or doing nothing forgets that there is a huge middle ground of real solutions which work.

Come on dude. That's a bit over the top in the personal attack arena. Although I can appreciate your veiled message, BOF doesn't deserve that kind of rhetoric.

But just for fun, let's pop the top and go there. How many folk drink alcohol and do not drive drunk, or have accidents that kill others...?

BUT, if we really wanted to stop drunk driving, every bar would be required to have a safety check point at their parking lot exit. Blow and go.

Locally, if the PPD wants to crack down on DUI, start having sobriety check points around Seville, Sammy's, The Azalea, The Fish House, McGuire's, etc. Have it as a roving event and place it at random every night, with two in place on weekends and holidays.

Not gonna happen, is it....?

Those places generate too much revenue and host way too many politically connected events. The GOB's would never allow it to happen.

And just because it would be the biggest net full of fish, have a sobriety CP involving everyone who leaves P. Beach, heading back to heavy traffic. That might even make the shuttle system a valid money making alternative.

That being said, I'm headed out to a meeting...LOL.

2seaoat wrote:No need to ban alcohol if auto safety is your goal. Where we agree a comprehensive auto module will take years to implement....we could mandate ignition interlock in as short of a period as five years and effectively save the lives equal to the lives we have lost in this nation with our two wars over the past decade. No need to ban guns if gun safety is your goal. We simply need to make common sense regulations which improve the bottom line concerning the loss of lives which are predictable and preventable. There will always be folks who die in cars and die by guns, but if safety is our focus rather than prohibition and control.....we can actually save lives, save money, and use our brains for a change.......this all or nothing debate of prohibition, or doing nothing forgets that there is a huge middle ground of real solutions which work.

Now hold on a minute seaoat we are not allow to use responsible logical thinking and try to come up with real solutions that will actually work. Isn't it just better for us to spew vitriolic rants and put our stupidity on display. Isn't it just better for us to pass stupid laws that don't fix shit just so the tree hugging panzies can feel good.

boards of FL

boards of FL

alecto wrote:Why do we need alcohol for consumption? It serves absolutely no purpose, it doesn't cure anything, it doesn't offer any nutritional value, and you do not need it to survive. Every year tens of thousands of family’s lives are destroyed from alcohol. Every year thousands of irresponsible citizens get behind the wheel impaired and murder innocent citizens. In 2010 10,228 people died in alcohol impaired driving crashes, 211 of those were children between the ages of 1-14. But what the hell it’s just kids right and after all we need to be able to drink. What fun is a party if you can’t get shit faced, hop in the ole car and go out and kill some people right? Who cares how many people are killed every day in alcohol related incidents we have to be able to drink. Hell if we reinstate prohibition we will not get to see any more live streaming videos of forum members sitting around their house getting trashed or cute little avatars of them chugging down a beer in a public place. Wonder how many people that irresponsible forum member will kill in his lifetime.

Come on now! That would be infringing on my rights! I want to be able to drink alcohol, own lions, RPGs, bazookas, and also as Sal suggest, I want a suitcase nuke! Why can't I have all of these things? I shouldn't have to explain to anyone why I want them, I just do!

boards of FL

boards of FL

alecto wrote:Now hold on a minute seaoat we are not allow to use responsible logical thinking and try to come up with real solutions that will actually work. Isn't it just better for us to spew vitriolic rants and put our stupidity on display. Isn't it just better for us to pass stupid laws that don't fix shit just so the tree hugging panzies can feel good.

I already gave you logical thinking. Strict liability. If you want to own an assault rifle, fine, though you will be held responsible for however that assault rifle is used - either by yourself or by someone who steals your assault rifle. If someone steals your Bushmaster and goes out on a killing spree, you will be hit with multiple murder charges.

Last edited by boards of FL on 12/19/2012, 1:36 pm; edited 1 time in total

boards of FL wrote:
alecto wrote:Why do we need alcohol for consumption? It serves absolutely no purpose, it doesn't cure anything, it doesn't offer any nutritional value, and you do not need it to survive. Every year tens of thousands of family’s lives are destroyed from alcohol. Every year thousands of irresponsible citizens get behind the wheel impaired and murder innocent citizens. In 2010 10,228 people died in alcohol impaired driving crashes, 211 of those were children between the ages of 1-14. But what the hell it’s just kids right and after all we need to be able to drink. What fun is a party if you can’t get shit faced, hop in the ole car and go out and kill some people right? Who cares how many people are killed every day in alcohol related incidents we have to be able to drink. Hell if we reinstate prohibition we will not get to see any more live streaming videos of forum members sitting around their house getting trashed or cute little avatars of them chugging down a beer in a public place. Wonder how many people that irresponsible forum member will kill in his lifetime.

Come on now! That would be infringing on my rights! I want to be able to drink alcohol, own lions, RPGs, bazookas, and also as Sal suggest, I want a suitcase nuke! Why can't I have all of these things? I shouldn't have to explain to anyone why I want them, I just do!

By all means go for it, you can get all of those things except the suitcase nuke but I'm sure you have friends that can help you out with that one.

boards of FL wrote:
alecto wrote:Now hold on a minute seaoat we are not allow to use responsible logical thinking and try to come up with real solutions that will actually work. Isn't it just better for us to spew vitriolic rants and put our stupidity on display. Isn't it just better for us to pass stupid laws that don't fix shit just so the tree hugging panzies can feel good.

I already gave you logical thinking. Strict liability. If you want to own an assault rifle, fine, though you will be held responsible for however that assault rifle is used - either by yourself or by someone who steals your assault rifle. If someone steals your Bushmaster and goes out on a killing spree, you will be hit with multiple murder charges.

Thats not logical by any sense of the definition. Do we hold an vehicle owner liable if a car thief steal their car and kills someone with it?

W_T_M wrote:Come on dude. That's a bit over the top in the personal attack arena. Although I can appreciate your veiled message, BOF doesn't deserve that kind of rhetoric.

But just for fun, let's pop the top and go there. How many folk drink alcohol and do not drive drunk, or have accidents that kill others...?

BUT, if we really wanted to stop drunk driving, every bar would be required to have a safety check point at their parking lot exit. Blow and go.

Locally, if the PPD wants to crack down on DUI, start having sobriety check points around Seville, Sammy's, The Azalea, The Fish House, McGuire's, etc. Have it as a roving event and place it at random every night, with two in place on weekends and holidays.

Those places generate too much revenue and host way too many politically connected events. The GOB's would never allow it to happen.

And just because it would be the biggest net full of fish, have a sobriety CP involving everyone who leaves P. Beach, heading back to heavy traffic. That might even make the shuttle system a valid money making alternative.

Where the hell is the personal attack in alecto's post? I definitely did not see the name Bill Moore in his post. Like I said yesterday, you take a post a make it all about you. Do you think that you are the only one that is a recovering lush? Not likely. Again, get over yourself, asshole.

2seaoat

Strict liability without mandatory minimum amounts of insurance do little for the victims. Dram shop laws are basically strict liability for alcohol. The industry limits and qualifies it so much that it is basically toothless.

If certain weapons were defined as inherently dangerous, and required a mandatory liability insurance, then perhaps this could focus on safety. Gun safes, and biometric triggers, and chips would all be mandated....not by the government, but by the private insurance industry who would not issue a policy unless a gun owner of a defined inherently dangerous weapon met some additional safety measures. Rather, than the hopelessly ineffective proposed ban of assault weapons, would it be more effective if ALL assault weapons prospectively and existing were chipped, biometric triggered, and required to be locked as a precondition of a quarter million dollar umbrella policy which must be paid to a victim, or victim's family if the weapon harms another human.....regardless of fault.....strict liability. This means like a person who sells alcohol, a dram shop type policy would need to be in effect to have a valid foid card. I still want the technology in our cars which could address transporting illegal weapons, but strict liability with mandatory insurance would impose an economic choice on a gun owner, and a higher level of mandatory safety measures to own legally an assault weapon.

I like the concern for the lost children in Fienstein's proposed bill, but it does nothing for existing assault guns, or those waived......a strict liability component of that bill would improve the safety for those weapons, and the provision would be fought tooth and nail.....just like Dram Shop has been attacked and watered down, but the Dram Shop laws and strict liability do allow a middle ground discussion.

Watcher

Watcher

Ghost_Rider1 wrote:
W_T_M wrote:Come on dude. That's a bit over the top in the personal attack arena. Although I can appreciate your veiled message, BOF doesn't deserve that kind of rhetoric.

Where the hell is the personal attack in alecto's post? I definitely did not see the name Bill Moore in his post. Like I said yesterday, you take a post a make it all about you. Do you think that you are the only one that is a recovering lush? Not likely. Again, get over yourself, asshole.

He was referring to boards getting attacked, not himself.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

The key to this thread's title is the word "reinstate". Which should remind us that it was already tried. And less we live in a vacuum and know nothing about American history then we would know it didn't work. In fact it was one of the worst failures of public policy in our country's history.

And as far as banning the particular guns that the geniuses in Washington and here on the forum are now wanting to ban?
I say got for it because I couldn't care less. It aint gonna have any impact on me and it aint gonna accomplish much of anything. Except to suck all the air out of the other news media nonsense for a while which I guess is not a bad thing.

Watcher wrote:
Ghost_Rider1 wrote:

He was referring to boards getting attacked, not himself.

Sure he was and if you believe that I have some prime waterfront property in Arizona that I will sell you real cheap.

Anytime he uses the phrase "personal attack" he is referring to himself regardless of what the post he is replying to states.

Ghost_Rider1 wrote:

Where the hell is the personal attack in alecto's post? I definitely did not see the name **** ***** in his post. Like I said yesterday, you take a post a make it all about you. Do you think that you are the only one that is a recovering lush? Not likely. Again, get over yourself, asshole.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

You got big balls right now. Who has an avatar of himself chugging a beer...? Who is the one he's referring to that might kill someone...?

I was referring to Boards being attacked dumbass.

You think it's OK to post my full name you MF....?

Your BS started over my faith there is a God, and now this....?

KMAESAD

Last edited by W_T_M on 12/19/2012, 3:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

Ghost_Rider1 wrote:

Where the hell is the personal attack in alecto's post? I definitely did not see the name **** ***** in his post. Like I said yesterday, you take a post a make it all about you. Do you think that you are the only one that is a recovering lush? Not likely. Again, get over yourself, asshole.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

You've gotta a huge lump of coal headed your way, with your name inscribed across it.

Last edited by W_T_M on 12/19/2012, 3:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

16Reinstate Prohibition, Ban alcoholic beverages!!!!! Empty Private John Q 12/19/2012, 3:57 pm

Sorry I double Posted Duh.................

alecto wrote:
Now hold on a minute seaoat we are not allow to use responsible logical thinking and try to come up with real solutions that will actually work. Isn't it just better for us to spew vitriolic rants and put our stupidity on display. Isn't it just better for us to pass stupid laws that don't fix shit just so the tree hugging panzies can feel good.

Reinstate Prohibition, Ban alcoholic beverages!!!!! Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQTkd-7R1SwginthBjxdyI4XbQ5e45vdAp07YsBnlzc3z6ugFlSoA

Dude!!!!! I thought that was the normal mode of operation around these forums...

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p99a6K81zqM

Very Happy

...By the way I gave you a uppie for that one.

Reinstate Prohibition, Ban alcoholic beverages!!!!! Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTGQyjTe5rvwgNmj_WrLPBHuXa3zv0re-EelmDiqUqM9oEiDuojrw

Look!!!!! A downie already on my last post. That's it Alecto and Ghost Rider get uppies for all their posts in this thread so far.

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=juhBVAnLkHk

Laughing

W_T_M wrote:

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

You've gotta a huge lump of coal headed your way, with your name inscribed across it.

BRING IT ON, Jerk.

Yeah your right, that was a little over the top, it was wrong of me. Thanks for being the voice of reason.

Damaged Eagle wrote:Reinstate Prohibition, Ban alcoholic beverages!!!!! Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTGQyjTe5rvwgNmj_WrLPBHuXa3zv0re-EelmDiqUqM9oEiDuojrw

Look!!!!! A downie already on my last post. That's it Alecto and Ghost Rider get uppies for all their posts in this thread so far.

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=juhBVAnLkHk

Laughing

DE, that crap is inconsequential to me, I cannot tell you from day to ay what my ratings are. I could care less if I have infinite pluses or infinite minuses. I have always been a proponent of getting rid of it since it is more about personalities and not what it is supposed to be about and that is the content of the post regardless of who made it.

Ghost_Rider1 wrote:
DE, that crap is inconsequential to me, I cannot tell you from day to ay what my ratings are. I could care less if I have infinite pluses or infinite minuses. I have always been a proponent of getting rid of it since it is more about personalities and not what it is supposed to be about and that is the content of the post regardless of who made it.

Reinstate Prohibition, Ban alcoholic beverages!!!!! Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSwTL8gBmoZ_gbLc76jGVkHXBIILLyQhqbea0DWu5yq6WguRlMguF-xUwc

I agree. But I gave you another uppie anyway...

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCQTr8ZYdhg

Very Happy

alecto wrote:

Yeah your right, that was a little over the top, it was wrong of me. Thanks for being the voice of reason.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

LOL. That was stand up to admit you were wrong.

It's obvious that the troll is lacking in that character trait.

W_T_M wrote:It's obvious that the troll is lacking in that character trait.

Reinstate Prohibition, Ban alcoholic beverages!!!!! Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR2TNLnwZGgYd-lsYt-dKN_GvxtSlLdBcc3JTV4yV_BidHXFPCEcQ

You shouldn't talk about yourself that way. It shows you have a low self-image.

Do your parents keep the guns locked up when you're at home?

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1agMSCHALE

Laughing

Damaged Eagle wrote:
W_T_M wrote:It's obvious that the troll is lacking in that character trait.

Reinstate Prohibition, Ban alcoholic beverages!!!!! Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR2TNLnwZGgYd-lsYt-dKN_GvxtSlLdBcc3JTV4yV_BidHXFPCEcQ

You shouldn't talk about yourself that way. It shows you have a low self-image.

Do your parents keep the guns locked up when you're at home?

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1agMSCHALE

Laughing

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum