Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Dear Mr. Seaoat

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Dear Mr. Seaoat Empty Dear Mr. Seaoat 12/17/2012, 12:51 pm

Dear Mr. Seaoat,
I clearly understand your concern with vehicle safety and have come up with a partial solution to your dilemma. As you know one of the main factors that contributes to almost every single automobile accident in this country is the human factor. Solution, remove the human. You may or may not know it but autonomous vehicles are coming, vehicles that drive themselves. The technology that allows this is developing rapidly and they have already been legalized in several states including Florida. This technology can prevent millions of accidents, eliminate drunk driving (except on motorcycles), reduce traffic congestion, reduce fuel consumption, and hopefully reduce the need for automobile insurance. This technology will happen and this is the future of transportation in America. Humans can be almost completely removed from the operation of an automobile. The FAA has been trying to remove the human factor for years from the cockpit and it is a smart direction. Humans make too many errors, they are unreliable, and they can be physically affected. ADS-B technology is developing rapidly and is being implemented. ADS-B technology is more precise and more accurate which can be used eventually in automobiles. Since ADS-B technology relies on satellites we will need more satellites if we adapt this technology to the automobile industry. This would be a good time to incorporate GM’s Onstar technology with ADS-B technology into a single satellite. At this point you can have 24/7/365 network access in a vehicle.

Once this is available you will have the network access required for an effective RFID system (Your gun chips). RFID system technology is also developing rapidly, they are less susceptible to blocking and use encrypted communication, they can have OTR capabilities (Over the Air rekeying). With an effective RFID system you can chip any item that you put into a vehicle, I hope you also realize this means people (And yes that is in development, you already use it in your pets, where do you think they are testing this technology). With constant network access the RFID system can provide real time data to the vehicle and can validate various conditions with law enforcement databases to either allow or dis allow a vehicle to function.

As I have mentioned I worked for Siemans. As a network engineer working on communications projects one of the many things we did was integrate Siemans RFID systems and automation systems with Land Mobile Radio data communication systems, company databases and supplier databases. I know how an effective RFID system works and what is required for it to be effective, which is why I mentioned 24/7/365 network access. So trust me the technology to achieve your goals although basic they already exist.

The technology you desire is coming and coming at a rapid pace I just hope you have the sense to realize how this technology will be used. It will be used to strip Americans of freedom; it will be used for control. We have freedoms legislated away every year, this technology will expedite that process. I firmly believe there are those in this country that will not stop until they have completely dismantled the constitution and taken our freedom from us. The sad and terrible thing is we have been allowing this to happen; we have encouraged this to happen. We want to be safe and secure so we allow our government to remove a freedom or two that ensures that safety and security. This technology will remove many freedoms and it will be done under the guise of safety.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/eco-nomics/2012/09/25/self-driving-cars-will-take-over-by-2040/

http://bits.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/09/25/with-a-push-from-google-california-legalizes-driverless-cars/

http://www.thestate.com/2012/09/27/2458227/next-transportation-trend-cars.html#.UM9WvG_oRIo

http://www.informationweek.com/government/policy/google-autonomous-cars-get-green-light-i/240008033

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Automatic_dependent_surveillance-broadcast

http://www.ads-b.com/

http://www.rfidjournal.com/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radio-frequency_identification

http://www.automation.siemens.com/mcms/identification-systems/en/rfid-systems/pages/default.aspx

2Dear Mr. Seaoat Empty Re: Dear Mr. Seaoat 12/17/2012, 1:08 pm

It will not be fast enough for him.

3Dear Mr. Seaoat Empty Re: Dear Mr. Seaoat 12/17/2012, 2:22 pm

2seaoat

I want it here today......actually, I wish it was here last week, because I strongly believe that folks would be alive today if we simply allowed technology to accomplish these simple goals:

1. Impaired drivers cannot operate a motor vehicle
2. A vehicle cannot operate unless a valid insurance card is in the car
3. A vehicle cannot operate unless a valid Driver's license is in the car
4. A vehicle cannot operate unless a valid Registration is in the car
5. A gun placed in a vehicle must be chipped and in a proper container
6. Once a gun is placed in a vehicle it will not operate unless a valid FOID card is in the car and has the chip on its registry.
7. remote ability to disable a vehicle where there is probable cause that the driver or passenger is in violation of the law

Anyway we get there works for me. I want vehicle and gun safety legislation which quits wasting trillions of dollars on a criminal justice system which addresses after the fact enforcement. I want a smart proactive system which saves taxpayers money, and does not have the government coming into homes to look for guns. However, driving is a privilege and reasonable regulations which save lives and money are simply smart government.

4Dear Mr. Seaoat Empty Re: Dear Mr. Seaoat 12/17/2012, 2:34 pm

You also wanted Stooderville. Aint that working out just grand?

5Dear Mr. Seaoat Empty Re: Dear Mr. Seaoat 12/17/2012, 2:39 pm

2seaoat

You also wanted Stooderville. Aint that working out just grand?

It is a huge success beyond what I anticipated, and in five years it is going to be amazing. In the meantime a sold out park the first year is simply amazing. 30k lives can be saved with focus on gun safety and vehicle safety.

6Dear Mr. Seaoat Empty Re: Dear Mr. Seaoat 12/17/2012, 3:28 pm

2seaoat wrote:I want it here today......actually, I wish it was here last week, because I strongly believe that folks would be alive today if we simply allowed technology to accomplish these simple goals:

1. Impaired drivers cannot operate a motor vehicle
2. A vehicle cannot operate unless a valid insurance card is in the car
3. A vehicle cannot operate unless a valid Driver's license is in the car
4. A vehicle cannot operate unless a valid Registration is in the car
5. A gun placed in a vehicle must be chipped and in a proper container
6. Once a gun is placed in a vehicle it will not operate unless a valid FOID card is in the car and has the chip on its registry.
7. remote ability to disable a vehicle where there is probable cause that the driver or passenger is in violation of the law

Anyway we get there works for me. I want vehicle and gun safety legislation which quits wasting trillions of dollars on a criminal justice system which addresses after the fact enforcement. I want a smart proactive system which saves taxpayers money, and does not have the government coming into homes to look for guns. However, driving is a privilege and reasonable regulations which save lives and money are simply smart government.

Even if you had all of the above mentioned the tragedy last week would have still happened and that is what you fail to realize. Laws only work for civilized rational law abiding citizens which this man was not. None of your ideas would have prevented the Newton massacre or any massacre and I believe that with every fiber of my being.

I can promise you if all the above were enacted and became a reality I would be a criminal, I would devote my life to circumventing those systems and teach as many people as humanly possible how to do the same.

Something that is not getting a lot of attention is the new details in the Oregon mall shooting. Why is it that another phyco walks into a place with an estimated 10,000 people, hell bent on killing people loaded with several 30 round clips and only manages to kill 2 people and himself? Because a citizen with a concealed carry permit got the drop on him, he fled then committed suicide.

Makes you wonder how many kids would be alive had the principal been armed since she was one of the first people to approach Lanza.

http://now.msn.com/nick-meli-who-had-a-concealed-weapon-thought-about-shooting-oregon-mall-killer

7Dear Mr. Seaoat Empty Re: Dear Mr. Seaoat 12/17/2012, 5:00 pm

2seaoat

I have answered this on other threads, but the shooter should not have been able to start his mother's car if the control module picked up guns in the car and not the proper DL and foid card. It really is that simple

Sure, you could argue that he would then simply hike a couple miles and do the same dirty deed, but chipped weapons would setoff proximity warnings in the parking lot, and as I have argued for years we should have at least two people trained at every school in proper firearm response to a breach of locked doors, and those guns should be kept in locked gun storage units in various spots in the school.

These murders were avoidable. We lack the moral courage to fix this problem. You could try and try to undermine this vehicle module , but why would you waste your talents to do the same if this was seamlessly integrated into a vehicle, your DL registration updated your Foid, and all licensed gun dealers could chip your weapon and update your foid card online. How long does it take to process your credit card? It should take about the same time for the gun dealer to update the chip information installed on the weapon. Sure, there is probably going to be something like a $25 chip install fee at a licensed gun dealer, but by the year 2025 we will see amazing drops in gun deaths and vehicle deaths.

Are you actively trying to bypass the airbag control unit on your car presently? You could, but why? Why would someone object to a vehicle which makes sure that the drive is licensed, sober, insured, and not carrying illegal guns......is this really a battle you want to fight in the name of liberty? This is not liberal vs conservative. It is fiscal responsibility combined with sound safety measures which saves lives. Please attack this idea at will, because I am just one citizen but the dialogue will improve our common ground, and yes technology can assist without taking our freedom away.

8Dear Mr. Seaoat Empty Re: Dear Mr. Seaoat 12/17/2012, 5:08 pm

2seaoat wrote:I have answered this on other threads, but the shooter should not have been able to start his mother's car if the control module picked up guns in the car and not the proper DL and foid card. It really is that simple

Sure, you could argue that he would then simply hike a couple miles and do the same dirty deed, but chipped weapons would setoff proximity warnings in the parking lot, and as I have argued for years we should have at least two people trained at every school in proper firearm response to a breach of locked doors, and those guns should be kept in locked gun storage units in various spots in the school.

These murders were avoidable. We lack the moral courage to fix this problem. You could try and try to undermine this vehicle module , but why would you waste your talents to do the same if this was seamlessly integrated into a vehicle, your DL registration updated your Foid, and all licensed gun dealers could chip your weapon and update your foid card online. How long does it take to process your credit card? It should take about the same time for the gun dealer to update the chip information installed on the weapon. Sure, there is probably going to be something like a $25 chip install fee at a licensed gun dealer, but by the year 2025 we will see amazing drops in gun deaths and vehicle deaths.

Are you actively trying to bypass the airbag control unit on your car presently? You could, but why? Why would someone object to a vehicle which makes sure that the drive is licensed, sober, insured, and not carrying illegal guns......is this really a battle you want to fight in the name of liberty? This is not liberal vs conservative. It is fiscal responsibility combined with sound safety measures which saves lives. Please attack this idea at will, because I am just one citizen but the dialogue will improve our common ground, and yes technology can assist without taking our freedom away.

What would have prevented him from walking to the school? o you also equip public transportation with this device, i.e. cabs, city buses etc etc?

This would make it very susceptible to hackers also.

I do not believe that it is as simple as you would like us to believe.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum