Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Thanksgiving traditions

+5
PBulldog2
Sal
VectorMan
Joanimaroni
2seaoat
9 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Thanksgiving traditions Empty Thanksgiving traditions 11/19/2012, 4:12 pm

2seaoat

My favorite is after eating a big meal earlier in the day.....around 9pm having a cold turkey sandwich.....with really fresh bread, lettuce and mayo......nothing better.

2Thanksgiving traditions Empty Re: Thanksgiving traditions 11/19/2012, 8:17 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Turkey sandwich on white bread with left over dressing, a little sweet potato, and a little mayo

3Thanksgiving traditions Empty Re: Thanksgiving traditions 11/19/2012, 8:27 pm

VectorMan

VectorMan

Biscuit with turkey breast, whole cranberry sauce, chopped pecans and mayo.

4Thanksgiving traditions Empty Re: Thanksgiving traditions 11/20/2012, 11:18 am

Sal

Sal

2seaoat wrote:My favorite is after eating a big meal earlier in the day.....around 9pm having a cold turkey sandwich.....with really fresh bread, lettuce and mayo......nothing better.

A slice of tomato, a pickle, and a tall glass of milk, and I'm right there with ya, Mr. Oats.

5Thanksgiving traditions Empty Re: Thanksgiving traditions 11/20/2012, 11:28 am

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday, bar none.

I don't cook often (my hubby is the chef in the family), but I do it up right on Thanksgiving. Even though it's just the two of us this year, I'm cooking a large turkey with all the trimmings, to include apple/pecan dressing (my own recipe.)

What makes it really special this year is I collected the pecans myself locally. I went out pecan-collecting with friends about five times, and I have enough now to make not only my dressing but also a pecan pie.

Tonight, while watching movies, I'll be shelling all of those pecans!

I love Thanksgiving! sunny

6Thanksgiving traditions Empty Re: Thanksgiving traditions 11/20/2012, 11:39 am

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

PBulldog2 wrote:Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday, bar none.

I don't cook often (my hubby is the chef in the family), but I do it up right on Thanksgiving. Even though it's just the two of us this year, I'm cooking a large turkey with all the trimmings, to include apple/pecan dressing (my own recipe.)

What makes it really special this year is I collected the pecans myself locally. I went out pecan-collecting with friends about five times, and I have enough now to make not only my dressing but also a pecan pie.

Tonight, while watching movies, I'll be shelling all of those pecans!

I love Thanksgiving! sunny

I have shelled my fair share of pecans...ugh!

7Thanksgiving traditions Empty Re: Thanksgiving traditions 11/20/2012, 11:42 am

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

One of my three or four favorite foods of all is a triple decker club sandwich and done in the traditional way which a turkey/bacon club.
About the only time I have sliced turkey on hand is Thanksgiving leftovers so that's how I eat em.

8Thanksgiving traditions Empty Re: Thanksgiving traditions 11/20/2012, 11:46 am

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

Joanimaroni wrote:

I forgot to wear gloves the first day we went pecan-collecting. You should have seen my hands! My palms and fingers were brown. It doesn't come off, no matter how hard you scrub. I had some explaining to do when I showed up at work with what appeared to be filthy dirty hands!

By accident, I found something that took it off almost completely. I washed one of my dogs in Hartz flea soap, and there went my brown hands. Now THAT was strange.

9Thanksgiving traditions Empty Re: Thanksgiving traditions 11/20/2012, 12:00 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

PBulldog2 wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:

I forgot to wear gloves the first day we went pecan-collecting. You should have seen my hands! My palms and fingers were brown. It doesn't come off, no matter how hard you scrub. I had some explaining to do when I showed up at work with what appeared to be filthy dirty hands!

By accident, I found something that took it off almost completely. I washed one of my dogs in Hartz flea soap, and there went my brown hands. Now THAT was strange.

My grandparents had an abundance of pecan trees....we spent hours picking up pecans and shelling them.

Sacred Heart elementary school had a lot of pecan trees....during pecan season you got detention for Saturday pecan collecting.

10Thanksgiving traditions Empty Re: Thanksgiving traditions 11/20/2012, 1:50 pm

Nekochan

Nekochan

Turkey sandwich on fresh white bread, with just mayo. I think I'll bake a loaf of bread in the bread maker on Thanksgiving morning.

My parents had lots of pecan trees. They used to sell the extra pecans to Renfroe's. I picked up and shelled a lot of pecans when I was a kid. I didn't realize how expensive shelled pecans are to buy until I grew up. I guess we were "rich" in pecans back then, lol.

11Thanksgiving traditions Empty Re: Thanksgiving traditions 11/20/2012, 1:54 pm

gulfbeachbandit

gulfbeachbandit

After Thanksgiving dinner, the family and I go out and find shopping carts that were illegally taken from local markets and return them to their rightful owners. We take the cans , wine bottles, and dirty blankets out of the carts and put them in the trash where they belong.

12Thanksgiving traditions Empty Re: Thanksgiving traditions 11/20/2012, 2:03 pm

Nekochan

Nekochan

Dirty blankets? I hope those carts are sanitized before they're put back into service!

13Thanksgiving traditions Empty Re: Thanksgiving traditions 11/20/2012, 2:42 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

salinski wrote:After Thanksgiving dinner, the family and I go out and find shopping carts that were illegally taken from local markets and return them to their rightful owners. We take the cans , wine bottles, and dirty blankets out of the carts and put them in the trash where they belong.
Don't leave the cigarette butts. Save those for me.

14Thanksgiving traditions Empty Re: Thanksgiving traditions 11/20/2012, 3:11 pm

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

salinski wrote:After Thanksgiving dinner, the family and I go out and find shopping carts that were illegally taken from local markets and return them to their rightful owners. We take the cans , wine bottles, and dirty blankets out of the carts and put them in the trash where they belong.

Aren't you just special? What do you do for Halloween...strangle cats?

15Thanksgiving traditions Empty Re: Thanksgiving traditions 11/20/2012, 3:13 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Too funny!

16Thanksgiving traditions Empty Re: Thanksgiving traditions 11/20/2012, 3:20 pm

gulfbeachbandit

gulfbeachbandit

Floridatexan wrote:

Spoiler alert.
You just ruined my easter plans for everyone else.

I'd be doing them a favor. Have you ever met any "cat people"?
They stink, Most of them smell like litter boxes or cat piss, no one eats their pot luck dishes at work/social functions, you can spot them at walmart by the cat hair on their bathrobes and slippers. Nasty people.

17Thanksgiving traditions Empty Re: Thanksgiving traditions 11/21/2012, 12:42 am

salinski wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:

Spoiler alert.

They stink, Most of them smell like litter boxes or cat piss, no one eats their pot luck dishes at work/social functions, you can spot them at walmart by the cat hair on their bathrobes and slippers. Nasty people.

At least their cats love them.I bet your can't say that about yourself? I doubt your mother even loves you.

18Thanksgiving traditions Empty Re: Thanksgiving traditions 11/21/2012, 12:37 pm

gulfbeachbandit

gulfbeachbandit

Dreamsglore wrote:
salinski wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:

Spoiler alert.

At least their cats love them.I bet your can't say that about yourself? I doubt your mother even loves you.

You are a nasty excuse for a human being. No wonder your husbands all left you. I wouldn't be suprised if your offspring left home early as well.

19Thanksgiving traditions Empty Re: Thanksgiving traditions 11/21/2012, 5:24 pm

salinski wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:
salinski wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:

Spoiler alert.

You are a nasty excuse for a human being. No wonder your husbands all left you. I wouldn't be suprised if your offspring left home early as well.

And your the sweetest flower on the forum.LOL!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum