Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

I want to talk about the browning of America

+2
KarlRove
2seaoat
6 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

No, he's lonely and bringing the vaseline.

Sal

Sal

He's beginning to sound vaguely menacing again.

Why is he always so vague??

LMAO!

gulfbeachbandit

gulfbeachbandit

Dreamsglore wrote:No, he's lonely and bringing the vaseline.

Why, is your twat dried up?

Ghandi_is_my_bitch wrote:He's beginning to sound vaguely menacing again.

LMAO!

He's afraid.And he should be.

Sal

Sal

salinski wrote:

You have that effect on women.

Ghandi_is_my_bitch wrote:
salinski wrote:

LOL!

gulfbeachbandit

gulfbeachbandit

Dreamsglore wrote:
Ghandi_is_my_bitch wrote:He's beginning to sound vaguely menacing again.

LMAO!

He's afraid.And he should be.

Afraid of what? Name one thing that you know I'm afraid of.

gulfbeachbandit

gulfbeachbandit

Dreamsglore wrote:
Ghandi_is_my_bitch wrote:
salinski wrote:

LOL!

Idiot thinks it's funny that her twat is dried up. What a suprise.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Thanks seaoat for your honest assessment of the film and those that are interested in it. I will get a red bar for this but it would seem the only people honestly interested in the history of the abolition of slavery and the reduction of racism are old white folks. I guess the rest only want a history lesson if they think they can use it as leverage to get pity money from old white folks....

One problem I have with getting my facts from movies is that i doubt how factual they really are. Movies just offer a glimpse of how things were at a particular time. Then we read in between the lines based on our own thoughts about what we just saw.
In my short time here on earth, I have never found a movie that captured what life was like as I knew it in the fifties. So much of History has been sanitized and rewritten that the truth will never be known. I have no beef about Lincoln if some truth were expounded in a movie then that is a good thing.

But remember that in a few years most people will think the Vietnam war was caused by a attack on naval ships in the Gulf of Tonkin and we went to war with Iraq over weapons of mass destruction.

2seaoat

The Lincoln movie was stunning, but the American culture has evolved and today when we look at America it is far more diverse and the folks do not look all the same.....literally the Civil war was brother fighting brother.

I thought you were hispanic from your picture,Seaoat.

2seaoat

I thought you were hispanic from your picture,Seaoat.

I wish I was.....it would be nice to have a second language.....nope German, Scotch and Irish......pretty much a mutt.

That's what we are except my grandmother on my mother's side came from Norway to Ellis Island around 1924.

2seaoat

It was pretty cool seeing all these kids who looked differently than a cross section of say my fifth grade class, but my granddaughter is blonde and blue eyed, and she will be in the minority in twenty five years. I play poker and I have met this young Korean who drinks too much, was a skateboard champion, and is about as Americanized as any kid I have met, yet his traditional Korean parents have rejected so many of his American culture choices. They hated that he skateboarded, and they do not like that he drinks......he does drink too much and is an easy target later in a poker game when the alcohol effects his judgment, but my point is that America has always been stronger by the melting pot we represent.

I just got done watching Nova and so this incredible story on a computer program where gamers are folding RNA and replicating real life problems which the computer fails to have the apptitude.....my point is a 15 year old kid has solved a problem which may cure disease....he did not fit the stereotype of what a scientist is supposed to be.....our culture has become so fast.....our science....our folkways.....and our laws are changing faster than an person 60 can assimilate the information. So after not seeing a movie in a year, and not being in this particular theater probably in 15 years, the cultural changes are amazing, and something I personally celebrate.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum