Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Skyfall 007

+2
2seaoat
Sal
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Skyfall 007 Empty Skyfall 007 11/13/2012, 1:33 pm

Sal

Sal

I took my 13-year-old to see it yesterday afternoon, and it was well worth the price of the tickets. It was my son's first 007 experience, and he was treated to IMHO the best film in the series since From Russia with Love. The action sequences were thrilling, the cinematography was absolutely beautiful, and the acting was spot-on. Daniel Craig has finally fully embraced the role, Javier Bardem (No Country for Old Men) is a superb villain, and Bérénice Marlohe is a delectable Bond girl. Terrifically entertaining and pure popcorn escapism at its finest.

2Skyfall 007 Empty Re: Skyfall 007 11/13/2012, 1:49 pm

Ghandi_is_my_bitch wrote:I took my 13-year-old to see it yesterday afternoon, and it was well worth the price of the tickets. It was my son's first 007 experience, and he was treated to IMHO the best film in the series since From Russia with Love. The action sequences were thrilling, the cinematography was absolutely beautiful, and the acting was spot-on. Daniel Craig has finally fully embraced the role, Javier Bardem (No Country for Old Men) is a superb villain, and Bérénice Marlohe is a delectable Bond girl. Terrifically entertaining and pure popcorn escapism at its finest.

All of the reviews that I have read state that Javier Bardem's character may be the best villain of all Bond movies. That sure says a lot since there have been a bunch of notable villains.

My daughter just told me something that I was not aware of. Javier Bardem is married to Penelope Cruz. Damn, seems like everyone knew that except me.

3Skyfall 007 Empty Re: Skyfall 007 11/13/2012, 2:07 pm

Sal

Sal

Before the movie, they showed a preview of the new Red Dawn remake of the 1980s original about a Soviet invasion of the west coast of the United States. Well, the Soviet Union is no more, so guess who the invaders are this time "round?

Wait for it ...

The evil North Koreans!!

I was literally LMAO throughout the preview.

I guess Hollywood is scared to offend the Chinese.

4Skyfall 007 Empty Re: Skyfall 007 11/13/2012, 2:09 pm

Ghandi_is_my_bitch wrote:Before the movie, they showed a preview of the new Red Dawn remake of the 1980s original about a Soviet invasion of the west coast of the United States. Well, the Soviet Union is no more, so guess who the invaders are this time "round?

Wait for it ...

The evil North Koreans!!

I was also wondering who the invaders were in the remake.

5Skyfall 007 Empty Re: Skyfall 007 11/13/2012, 2:51 pm

2seaoat

I was also wondering who the invaders were in the remake.

I heard Texas wants to rejoin the Union.....

6Skyfall 007 Empty Re: Skyfall 007 11/13/2012, 3:46 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Ghandi_is_my_bitch wrote:Before the movie, they showed a preview of the new Red Dawn remake of the 1980s original about a Soviet invasion of the west coast of the United States. Well, the Soviet Union is no more, so guess who the invaders are this time "round?

Wait for it ...

The evil North Koreans!!

I watched that trailer too. Do you remember the scene where the kid said something to the effect "to them (the invaders) this is just another place, but to us, this is our home"?
I couldn't help but think how true that was in real-life. Except in real-life, we were the invaders to whom it was just another place, and to the Iraqis it was home.
I think the irony of that must have completely escaped this moronic filmmaker. lol

7Skyfall 007 Empty Re: Skyfall 007 11/13/2012, 5:38 pm

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Okay, I had to go watch the trailer for the remake of Red Dawn. Lame....
I loved the original Red Dawn. Maybe it was because I was a USMC Captain in 1984, and the enemy of my country was the Soviet Block. That plot was technically plausible. But, North Korea invading America? Gimme a break!

I thought for sure such a remake would involve the Muslim/brown-skinned hordes swarming over America's border and swallowing us up. I mean, isn't that what every wing-nut is stockpiling arms and ammunition against? Especially since newly re-elected President Barrack Obama is going to just open the door for them and let them in.....

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

8Skyfall 007 Empty Re: Skyfall 007 11/13/2012, 7:07 pm

Yella

Yella

I suppose China is far too clever to invade this country until we have a civil war in progress between the states. Republicans are touting secession of many states because of their hate for Obama.

http://warpedinblue,blogspot.com/

9Skyfall 007 Empty Re: Skyfall 007 11/13/2012, 7:16 pm

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Why would any state want to secede from a gluttonous tyrannical oppressive Central government ?

Skyfall 007 Abughraibdog

10Skyfall 007 Empty Re: Skyfall 007 11/13/2012, 7:24 pm

Yella

Yella

TEOTWAWKI wrote:Why would any state want to secede from a gluttonous tyrannical oppressive Central government ?

Skyfall 007 Abughraibdog

https://news.google.com/news/section?pz=1&cf=all&ned=us&hl=en&csid=3821fdc8292157f4&redirect=true

http://warpedinblue,blogspot.com/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum