Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

In the wake of Sandy. President Obama Golfs, Tragic find on Staten Island, Man, 66, dead in house

+2
Floridatexan
Markle
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Markle

Markle

The President plays golf, the media yawns...reminds one of Katrina doesn't it?

By FRANK ROSARIO and GARY BUISO
Last Updated: 6:12 AM, November 11, 2012
Posted: 12:30 AM, November 11, 2012

Hurricane Sandy’s latest victim may also be her loneliest.

Cops found the body of David Maxwell in his Staten Island home on Friday after it lay undiscovered for 11 days — with his neighbors thinking he had fled before the storm.

The 66-year-old lived alone with his cat — which also died — in the modest yellow, two-family house on Mapleton Avenue in Midland Beach. The home now stands in a flooded wasteland of trash, ruined furniture, mold and mildew.

“It’s so horrible,” said neighbor Dorothy Matthews, 71. “He was alone in the world except for his cat and his partner in the nursing home.”

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/staten_island/tragic_find_on_staten_4m5sDYTkPz0wUKJoOxHHhN

In the wake of Sandy.  President Obama Golfs, Tragic find on Staten Island, Man, 66, dead in house Golf-obama-club

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

The President did not have knowledge of this man. The President mobilized the response to this tragedy, unlike his POS Republican predecessor. Are you sure you're still getting paid, now that the election is OVER?

2seaoat

Mr. Markle,
You have tried for three years to make President Obama out as some monster. You failed miserably. He was reelected with an electoral landslide and the American people made a clear choice. Are we going to have to endure four more years of utter nonsense like this post. It was not enough that folks tried to dance on our brave patriot's grave in Libya for political advantage......now you take an isolated death in NY and attempt to bootstrap the President playing golf with the loss of this man's life.

Did nothing sink in? Elementary propoganda techniques require the audience to be mentally challenged.....America has wised up to these Karl Rove techniques......now if you took some of Karl's money.....let me give you a clue.....he lost everything he attempted....and you are making no points on this form with such utter nonsense. The election is over. The president won. Geez, pick up some volunteer work somewhere and do something with your life, and tell Karl to go back to school, or get a hair transplant....but pleasssssssse stop it.....this is hard.

gulfbeachbandit

gulfbeachbandit

I play golf. But I wouldn't if my credit card was 15 trillion dollars over due and had family members in jeapordy all over the world. Not to mention 23 million people out of work and all may fault. half a homey doesn't get it. Does he?

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

salinski wrote:I play golf. But I wouldn't if my credit card was 15 trillion dollars over due and had family members in jeapordy all over the world. Not to mention 23 million people out of work and all may fault. half a homey doesn't get it. Does he?

Are you a postman?

gulfbeachbandit

gulfbeachbandit

Floridatexan wrote:
salinski wrote:I play golf. But I wouldn't if my credit card was 15 trillion dollars over due and had family members in jeapordy all over the world. Not to mention 23 million people out of work and all may fault. half a homey doesn't get it. Does he?

Are you a postman?

Are you?

Floridatexan wrote:
The President did not have knowledge of this man. The President mobilized the response to this tragedy, unlike his POS Republican predecessor. Are you sure you're still getting paid, now that the election is OVER?

This response to sandy has been a tragedy equal to the response to katrina.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2231095/Hurricane-Sandy-victims-hit-forced-spend-12-days-power.html

Markle

Markle

Floridatexan wrote:

Neither did President George Walker Bush and that didn't prevent the lame stream media from denigrating him daily.

FEMA didn't even have WATER for survivors after the storm much less anything for them to eat. They had to put water out for bids to be delivered the FOLLOWING WEEK.

Anything about that in the lame stream media? Total silence. Gee...go figure.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

2seaoat wrote: Mr. Markle,
You have tried for three years to make President Obama out as some monster. You failed miserably. He was reelected with an electoral landslide and the American people made a clear choice. Are we going to have to endure four more years of utter nonsense like this post. It was not enough that folks tried to dance on our brave patriot's grave in Libya for political advantage......now you take an isolated death in NY and attempt to bootstrap the President playing golf with the loss of this man's life.

Did nothing sink in? Elementary propoganda techniques require the audience to be mentally challenged.....America has wised up to these Karl Rove techniques......now if you took some of Karl's money.....let me give you a clue.....he lost everything he attempted....and you are making no points on this forum with such utter nonsense. The election is over. The president won. Geez, pick up some volunteer work somewhere and do something with your life, and tell Karl to go back to school, or get a hair transplant....but pleasssssssse stop it.....this is hard.

He never made points with his previous gobbledygook, either. Imagine....thousands of cut-and-pastes, posted thousands of times at the PNJ forum, here, and all over the Internet between 2008 and 2012--and Obama still got 332 electoral votes on Novembrer 6th. I think Markle should restrict his postings to the FAIL Blog from here on out....

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Well actually in this case I think markle has a point. There does seem to be a double standard with the media on this. Bush and that idiot he had running FEMA took all the blame for lack of response in Katrina. But the media is giving Obama a pass on the lack of response with this one.

Bob wrote:Well actually in this case I think markle has a point. There does seem to be a double standard with the media on this. Bush and that idiot he had running FEMA took all the blame for lack of response in Katrina. But the media is giving Obama a pass on the lack of response with this one.

It is ok. I did not like Bush so this is different when my man is in charge. Why does playing golf piss so many people off? Would people still have shit fit if he went bowling or played softball.? Play Golf?!!!! OH Damn......

Bob wrote:Well actually in this case I think markle has a point. There does seem to be a double standard with the media on this. Bush and that idiot he had running FEMA took all the blame for lack of response in Katrina. But the media is giving Obama a pass on the lack of response with this one.

I guess you going to take Chrissy's place in making comments of which you have no clue. Ask Gov. Christie about Obama's response and then write something.

2seaoat

Bush and that idiot he had running FEMA took all the blame for lack of response in Katrina. But the media is giving Obama a pass on the lack of response with this one.

Comparing Sandy to Katrina is not a very good fit. Fema has not allowed people to go without water and food. They have made ample shelter available to the victims......however, if you think the federal government had the power back on in New Orleans in 10 days.....sorry try a month. The federal government does not control the utilities turning power back on after a disaster. They work in conjunction with other utilities who send trucks from all over the country.

When I was working to the Borg Warner corporation outside Chicago in the late 70s we lived in a rural area where there was a snowstorm which knocked out the power lines. We could not get in or out on roads which were piled with snow and the temps were sub zero.....and we were without power for close to four days. We always had a wood burning stove,and everybody understood that even in a routine snow storm you could lose power for four days. To lose power for 10 days in a hurricane.....nothing yet out of line, but in cold weather....not having power is not fun. I have been reading where Prius owners have simple purchased inexpensive 750 watt inverters and plugged them into the lighter, and they have powered most of their home with only using three quarters of a tank of gas. The Prius is becoming this life saver for folks who still do not have power.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

2seaoat wrote: Bush and that idiot he had running FEMA took all the blame for lack of response in Katrina. But the media is giving Obama a pass on the lack of response with this one.

Comparing Sandy to Katrina is not a very good fit. Fema has not allowed people to go without water and food. They have made ample shelter available to the victims......however, if you think the federal government had the power back on in New Orleans in 10 days.....sorry try a month.
Well let's take the last one first. That I think the federal government had the power back on in a month after Katrina.
Firstly, the federal government is not in the business of restoring the power. That is done by private utility companies. And no I didn't think they had the power back on in a month. Hell it took almost a month to get my power back on after Ivan because it's widely known that the grid in my neighborhood is old and needs upgrading.
My comments had nothing to do with restoration of power since that's not even a government operation (except of course with the Long Island Power Authority which is a quasi-government operation but it is not under the auspices of the federal government but instead the New York state government).

Secondly, all you need do is watch the news coverage and you would know that, no, for many people FEMA has not provided them with food and water. That has turned into a public outcry in some of the communities on the shores of Long Island.
As I said, the extremely large scale of the flooding with both Katrina and Sandy is unprecedented.
That more than anything is the reason why the response to both Katrina and to Sandy is lacking.
BUT, nonetheless, the democrat media will only blame a president for that lack of response when it is a Republican president. That is my point.

It should be added, however, that the republican media is no different.
It is just as guilty of a double standard as the democrat media. It only wants to blame a president for that lack of response when the president is democrat. But it has no qualms about excusing a republican president.

Such is the nature of things when all we have is a democrat media and a republican media instead of actual journalism.

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote: Bush and that idiot he had running FEMA took all the blame for lack of response in Katrina. But the media is giving Obama a pass on the lack of response with this one.

Comparing Sandy to Katrina is not a very good fit. Fema has not allowed people to go without water and food. They have made ample shelter available to the victims......however, if you think the federal government had the power back on in New Orleans in 10 days.....sorry try a month. The federal government does not control the utilities turning power back on after a disaster. They work in conjunction with other utilities who send trucks from all over the country.

When I was working to the Borg Warner corporation outside Chicago in the late 70s we lived in a rural area where there was a snowstorm which knocked out the power lines. We could not get in or out on roads which were piled with snow and the temps were sub zero.....and we were without power for close to four days. We always had a wood burning stove,and everybody understood that even in a routine snow storm you could lose power for four days. To lose power for 10 days in a hurricane.....nothing yet out of line, but in cold weather....not having power is not fun. I have been reading where Prius owners have simple purchased inexpensive 750 watt inverters and plugged them into the lighter, and they have powered most of their home with only using three quarters of a tank of gas. The Prius is becoming this life saver for folks who still do not have power.

A Prius...that's your answer? Pretty expensive generator.

As for FEMA, they didn't even have WATER after Sandy. They had to put up bids for private vendors to supply them the FOLLOWING MONDAY.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum