Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Health Reform Source: Resources for indivduals and employers

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

I will put this on my own website, but I'm afraid nobody will see it unless I post it here. Laughing

http://healthreform.kff.org/resources-for-consumers-and-employers.aspx?source=QL

CMS announced a series of physician pay cuts impacting pathologists in the final 2013 Physician Fee Schedule (PFS) released today. Most notably, the agency lowered the technical component (TC) of the surgical pathology code 88305 by 52%, although it raised the professional component (PC) by 2%, beginning Jan

I dont need to see any more. 52 FUCKING % CUTS

now I know you re not going to start singing the preaises of obamacare when you already know the cost of care has skyrocketed, the insurance co's are the profiteers while the healthcare employees get their guts sucked out of them.

there are also SIGNIFICANT cuts in RADIOLOGY and CARDIOLOGY.

I really wish you wouldnt have started this whole obamacare shit again this morning. its way early for me to put on my rose colored glasses.

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

Penny Tration wrote:CMS announced a series of physician pay cuts impacting pathologists in the final 2013 Physician Fee Schedule (PFS) released today. Most notably, the agency lowered the technical component (TC) of the surgical pathology code 88305 by 52%, although it raised the professional component (PC) by 2%, beginning Jan

I dont need to see any more. 52 FUCKING % CUTS

now I know you re not going to start singing the preaises of obamacare when you already know the cost of care has skyrocketed, the insurance co's are the profiteers while the healthcare employees get their guts sucked out of them.

there are also SIGNIFICANT cuts in RADIOLOGY and CARDIOLOGY.

I really wish you wouldnt have started this whole obamacare shit again this morning. its way early for me to put on my rose colored glasses.

Girrrrl, I started it because people were asking questions. You know darned well I don't support all of the ACA.

How can they justify a 52% cut in the technical component of surgical pathology code? In layman's terms, I think this covers the pathology testing on surgical specimens, right? Like breast cancer tissue? Does this change mean there will be fewer medical technologists, or what?

I am trying to understand here. Where are you getting your figures?

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

Wait a minute. Does this mean that reimbursement for the technical component (med techs) has been cut 52% in favor of raising the so-called professional component (pathologists?)

Med techs are professionals in their field, too. I would like to see the wording on this. I think I'll check out the CMS site.

PBulldog2 wrote:Wait a minute. Does this mean that reimbursement for the technical component (med techs) has been cut 52% in favor of raising the so-called professional component (pathologists?)

Med techs are professionals in their field, too. I would like to see the wording on this. I think I'll check out the CMS site.

yes and yes. now perhaps you understand my anger. i am so done with this subject.

now you know how they got doc support, but that wont last either. but they killed us little people.

heres' the link I got updated on last week.

http://www.cap.org/apps/cap.portal?_nfpb=true&cntvwrPtlt_actionOverride=%2Fportlets%2FcontentViewer%2Fshow&_windowLabel=cntvwrPtlt&cntvwrPtlt%7BactionForm.contentReference%7D=statline%2Fspecial_report_final_2013_physician_fee_schedule.html&_state=maximized&_pageLabel=cntvwr

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

Penny Tration wrote:
PBulldog2 wrote:Wait a minute. Does this mean that reimbursement for the technical component (med techs) has been cut 52% in favor of raising the so-called professional component (pathologists?)

yes and yes. now perhaps you understand my anger. i am so done with this subject.

now you know how they got doc support, but that wont last either. but they killed us little people.

http://www.cap.org/apps/cap.portal?_nfpb=true&cntvwrPtlt_actionOverride=%2Fportlets%2FcontentViewer%2Fshow&_windowLabel=cntvwrPtlt&cntvwrPtlt%7BactionForm.contentReference%7D=statline%2Fspecial_report_final_2013_physician_fee_schedule.html&_state=maximized&_pageLabel=cntvwr

What a slam to the work done by med techs.....I don't understand the rationale. One would think the work done by med techs would be LESS expensive in the long run than the work done by pathologists. I fail to see how this will cut costs. It seems it would raise costs in the long term.

The only thing I can compare this to is the part of ACA that advocated paying physicians for end-of-life counseling. I wrote then, and I maintain, that most of this work is done by nursing (as is pre-surgical education and counseling, even though the patient is required to sign that he or she received pre-surgical counseling and education from their physician, not the nurse providing the education.) Adding a way to pay physicians for either types of counseling and/or education would have resulted in higher, not lower, costs.

Just wow. I hear you.

I wonder how many of these cuts were negotiated by the AMA???

PBulldog2 wrote:
Penny Tration wrote:

What a slam to the work done by med techs.....I don't understand the rationale. One would think the work done by med techs would be LESS expensive in the long run than the work done by pathologists. I fail to see how this will cut costs. It seems it would raise costs in the long term.

The only thing I can compare this to is the part of ACA that advocated paying physicians for end-of-life counseling. I wrote then, and I maintain, that most of this work is done by nursing (as is pre-surgical education and counseling, even though the patient is required to sign that he or she received pre-surgical counseling and education from their physician, not the nurse providing the education.) Adding a way to pay physicians for either types of counseling and/or education would have resulted in higher, not lower, costs.

Just wow. I hear you.

somehow they got in thier head that testing was the problem. And what was really needed was more doctor office visits LOL

so what we will see is less specialt test will not be ordered because a lot of specialty office will close making those test rare, these groups might eventually not accept gov payment at all. we will see. staff will be hurt nation wide, we will be required to do more with less, this will increase medical rerror as we all know overworked staff is the number one cause of medical errors.

I have to say, and I havnt even showed you what they are doing to radiolog and cardiology. its an attack on specialty test is what it is.

Im have been about close to a nervous break down this past week over this. when I first saw the number my mind couldnt grasp it, i was convince they made a typo, there is no way I or any manager can make up a 52% cut.

im in tears over this. I cant even type about it without crying.

I gotta pull myself together and soe how manage to be strong. its been a terrible effin week and when i say people will be screaming from the pits of hell over this. i really mean it. people are going to die. and lots of professionals are going to loose thier jobs, and the pay scale will plunge us into poverty as the adjustments to survive push on. Then there will be no choice but to accept a lower standard of care while you have people who are good at flipping burgers doing jobs that highly trained skilled professionals should have been doing, because they will do it cheaper.

watch

BTW the AMA has become nothing but a arm of the GOV. They woudl be completely irrelivant if it wasnt for the entire country useing thier CPT code.

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

Penny Tration wrote:
PBulldog2 wrote:
Penny Tration wrote:

Just wow. I hear you.

somehow they got in thier head that testing was the problem. And what was really needed was more doctor office visits LOL

so what we will see is less specialt test will not be ordered because a lot of specialty office will close making those test rare, these groups might eventually not accept gov payment at all. we will see. staff will be hurt nation wide, we will be required to do more with less, this will increase medical rerror as we all know overworked staff is the number one cause of medical errors.

I have to say, and I havnt even showed you what they are doing to radiolog and cardiology. its an attack on specialty test is what it is.

Im have been about close to a nervous break down this past week over this. when I first saw the number my mind couldnt grasp it, i was convince they made a typo, there is no way I or any manager can make up a 52% cut.

I gotta pull myself together and soe how manage to be strong. its been a terrible effin week and when i say people will be screaming from the pits of hell over this. i really mean it. people are going to die. and lots of professionals are going to loose thier jobs, and the pay scale will plunge us into poverty as the adjustments to survive push on. Then there will be no choice but to accept a lower standard of care while you have people who are good at flipping burgers doing jobs that highly trained skilled professionals should have been doing, because they will do it cheaper.

watch

I now we've argued about health care on these forums over the years, but you are showing me a side of this issue that I am not privy to in my work. I thank you for that.

If it helps you to know it, your post here just about reduced me to tears. I can't imagine being in your position and having to deal with 52% cuts. Why is this sort of thing not making national news? What is going to happen in path labs all over the country? You are so right about the probable decline in safe patient care if med techs lose their jobs or have their hours cut. This is akin to cutting the number of nurses at hospitals in half.

You'll make it through this. You know you will. Just keep talking to us, OK?

And good grief - what do the purveyors of the ACA expect people to do in the coming year, before the safety nets are enacted? What will people who lose their jobs or hours do NOW - right now, not in 2014 - to obtain insurance?

PBulldog2 wrote:
Penny Tration wrote:
PBulldog2 wrote:
Penny Tration wrote:

Just wow. I hear you.

watch

I now we've argued about health care on these forums over the years, but you are showing me a side of this issue that I am not privy to in my work. I thank you for that.

If it helps you to know it, your post here just about reduced me to tears. I can't imagine being in your position and having to deal with 52% cuts. Why is this sort of thing not making national news? What is going to happen in path labs all over the country? You are so right about the probable decline in safe patient care if med techs lose their jobs or have their hours cut. This is akin to cutting the number of nurses at hospitals in half.

You'll make it through this. You know you will. Just keep talking to us, OK?

And good grief - what do the purveyors of the ACA expect people to do in the coming year, before the safety nets are enacted? What will people who lose their jobs or hours do NOW - right now, not in 2014 - to obtain insurance?

PB I love you to death, know that. I have always respected you and care for you as a person. I am sorry for bursting out earlier at you over this. I am literally at my wits end and I am scared.

I literally can not talk about this without breaking down and crying.

Im gonna put on my rose colored glasses now. And try to wear my big girl panties. I'll survive, but most likely the life I have worked so hard for will be gone. I feel now why bother at times with all the stress, im just going to be over worked and under paid till I fall over dead. I dont know anymore.

I can't believe you both believe that crap you just posted.Do you really think you're pay is going to be cut in half? I thought at least PB had more sense but I was wrong.

Dreamsglore wrote:I can't believe you both believe that crap you just posted.Do you really think you're pay is going to be cut in half? I thought at least PB had more sense but I was wrong.

Its no ones fault you cant process data kathy

You know some of us are really getting tired of lies

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

Dreamsglore wrote:I can't believe you both believe that crap you just posted.Do you really think you're pay is going to be cut in half? I thought at least PB had more sense but I was wrong.

What are you talking about? Who said anything about anyone's pay being cut in half?

PBulldog2 wrote:

What are you talking about? Who said anything about anyone's pay being cut in half?

yeah really , lots of peoples pay will be cut period LOL

TO ZEROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO LOL thats so funny aint it Neutral

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum