Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

A new report by a liberal-leaning think tank recommends a dramatic overhaul of military pay, retirement and health care benefits as part of a $1 trillion cut in defense spending over 10 years.

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

http://www.airforcetimes.com/news/2012/11/military-think-tank-recommends-big-benefit-cuts-110112w/

Nekochan

Nekochan

It probably does need overhauling but I am totally against any military retirement system for active duty that does not have them collecting their pensions when they retire from the military

2seaoat

As certain as the sun setting each night.....If Obama wins....the panhandle and the military will see devastating cuts which will include pension reform. I do not think it is fair to change the game on a young person who has selected the military as a career, but if they make pension changes it must be prospective changes, but what is coming is certain, and certainly does not bode well when the crazies choose the Pensacola Federal Court to file the nonsense challenge to the Affordable Care Act.....the Chicago way is proven....they will be vindictive and they will bring a gun to a knife fight.

KarlRove

KarlRove

This isn't new as it was put in the public eye last summer. The whole idea that people want to cut active duty retirement and make it payable at the same age as a reservist earns his/her pay is rediculous. It will hollow the military out considerably and you won't be able to keep experienced NCOs in the needed career fields. There is even talk of letting reservists with 25 years of service or more go ahead and retire at their full reserve pay now. That will even further hollow out the force because there are tons of folks in that category all across the country. There will not be any pension reform for those of us in the latter 1/3 of our careers. It's going to be pushed on a new generation of service members who are now junior NCOs/Officers and up and coming leaders. If Obama was intent on destroying the military, this would be one way to do it. I could see it where conscription might be necessary to field anything more than a self-defense force capable of no projection of military power whatsoever.

2seaoat wrote:As certain as the sun setting each night.....If Obama wins....the panhandle and the military will see devastating cuts which will include pension reform. I do not think it is fair to change the game on a young person who has selected the military as a career, but if they make pension changes it must be prospective changes, but what is coming is certain, and certainly does not bode well when the crazies choose the Pensacola Federal Court to file the nonsense challenge to the Affordable Care Act.....the Chicago way is proven....they will be vindictive and they will bring a gun to a knife fight.

That is why I hate politicians so much, they are always willing to punish those members of society who are productive, who have jobs, who are responsible and doing what they need to be doing only to serve members of our society who are perfectly comfortable doing nothing. NO ONE Military, federal employee, state employee, or country employee should ever have their jobs cut, benefits cut, or retirement cut until the no load do nothing POS get cut to the bone first. I am tired of punishing productive members of society to benefit non productive members.

FYI

the center for american progress, this liberal think tank is funded by soro's.

and after reading this, I wont be shopping at wal mart ever again.

http://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php?title=Center_for_American_Progress

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum