Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Alabama win over LSU points to Obama's re-election, so say the sports guys...

+2
Nekochan
othershoe1030
6 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Just for fun...the game's not over...

And sports, it turns out, is also a crystal ball. USA Today’s Paul Myberg has compiled a few examples of sports results predicting the next president. The most interesting one, ahead of Saturday’s big Alabama-LSU college football grudge match, is that since 1984, LSU won in years when Republicans were elected. Meanwhile, an Alabama victory bodes well for the Democrats. The results:

1984: LSU 16, Alabama 14. Ronald Reagan (R) demolishes Walter Mondale (D).

1988: LSU 19, Alabama 18. George H.W. Bush (R) defeats Michael Dukakis (D).

1992: Alabama 31, LSU 11. Bill Clinton (D) defeats George H.W. Bush (R).

1996: Alabama 26, LSU 0. Clinton (D) defeats Bob Dole (R).

2000: LSU 30, Alabama 28. George W. Bush (R) defeats Al Gore (D).

2004: LSU 26, Alabama 10. George W. Bush (R) defeats John Kerry (D).

2008: Alabama 27, LSU 21. Barack Obama (D) defeats John McCain (R).

Read more: http://keepingscore.blogs.time.com/2012/11/02/how-sports-can-forecast-the-presidential-election/#ixzz2JBDWqAtX9

othershoe1030 wrote:Just for fun...the game's not over...

And sports, it turns out, is also a crystal ball. USA Today’s Paul Myberg has compiled a few examples of sports results predicting the next president. The most interesting one, ahead of Saturday’s big Alabama-LSU college football grudge match, is that since 1984, LSU won in years when Republicans were elected. Meanwhile, an Alabama victory bodes well for the Democrats. The results:

1984: LSU 16, Alabama 14. Ronald Reagan (R) demolishes Walter Mondale (D).

1988: LSU 19, Alabama 18. George H.W. Bush (R) defeats Michael Dukakis (D).

1992: Alabama 31, LSU 11. Bill Clinton (D) defeats George H.W. Bush (R).

1996: Alabama 26, LSU 0. Clinton (D) defeats Bob Dole (R).

2000: LSU 30, Alabama 28. George W. Bush (R) defeats Al Gore (D).

2004: LSU 26, Alabama 10. George W. Bush (R) defeats John Kerry (D).

2008: Alabama 27, LSU 21. Barack Obama (D) defeats John McCain (R).

Read more: http://keepingscore.blogs.time.com/2012/11/02/how-sports-can-forecast-the-presidential-election/#ixzz2JBDWqAtX9

Keep hoping...

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Now LSU is ahead, OH NO!!

Nekochan

Nekochan

If Alabama has to make this sacrifice, so be it.

Sal

Sal

Nekochan wrote:If Alabama has to make this sacrifice, so be it.

Your priorities are whacked.

Nekochan

Nekochan

LOL, my priority is certainly not football. I am not a football fan. It doesn't matter to me who wins.

Sal

Sal

Here comes the Tide!

Sal

Sal

SCORE!!!

Obama wins!!!!

cheers cheers cheers cheers

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Bama wins it!

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Sal

Sal

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:OBama wins it!

fixed it fer ya!

cheers

2seaoat

Just like the election....two opponents who were overrated, and whoever wins probably should not be the champions......I am looking somewhere else for the national champion.....

2seaoat wrote:Just like the election....two opponents who were overrated, and whoever wins probably should not be the champions......I am looking somewhere else for the national champion.....

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Blah freakin' blah...

You've run your pie-hole exactly the same way before, and Bama won the National Championship after your big, bad, bold, broad-brush, blowhard, BS which you spouted over and over for that entire season.

Look all you wish....your opinion about BAMA football ain't worth the cyber ink it requires to print it.

The chips were down, and McCarron showed us once again why he is a Heisman candidate, whether you like it or not.

So the Seminoles lost, dammit.

Sal

Sal

2seaoat wrote:Just like the election....two opponents who were overrated, and whoever wins probably should not be the champions......I am looking somewhere else for the national champion.....

Way to lame up an otherwise excellent and complete thread.

surfnrg

surfnrg

W_T_M wrote:

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Blah freakin' blah...

You've run your pie-hole exactly the same way before, and Bama won the National Championship after your big, bad, bold, broad-brush, blowhard, BS which you spouted over and over for that entire season.

Look all you wish....your opinion about BAMA football ain't worth the cyber ink it requires to print it.

The chips were down, and McCarron showed us once again why he is a Heisman candidate, whether you like it or not.

HAHAA WHERE'S THE LIKE BUTTON exactamundo Alabama Crimson Tide bring it on whoever wherever. !!

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Someone may have to resurrect this thread Tuesday evening for the record....

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

alecto wrote:So the Seminoles lost, dammit.

I think you may be behind the times just a bit. The Seminoles did not play yesterday, they will play Thursday night on ESPN against Virginia Tech.

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:Someone may have to resurrect this thread Tuesday evening for the record....

Not so sure Z-Man. I read an article yesterday that indicated that we may not know who will be our next president for days after the election is over.

2seaoat

As an Auburn fan......I have seen overrated Alabama teams for a lifetime.....sadly Auburn will not give them a game later this month, but Champions......hardly. I still smile thinking about the 2010 Iron bowl and seeing those rabid Bama fans thinking they had Auburn down......beautiful!

2seaoat wrote:As an Auburn fan......I have seen overrated Alabama teams for a lifetime.....sadly Auburn will not give them a game later this month, but Champions......hardly. I still smile thinking about the 2010 Iron bowl and seeing those rabid Bama fans thinking they had Auburn down......beautiful!

You are living too much in the past. Alabama is not over-rated this year and last night proved it. In the second half, LSU held them to 0 first downs, but when the chips were down, AJ McCarron and the Tide offense rose to the occasion and showed what a true champion is made of. Now I am not an Alabama fan, but they showed exactly what makes them a champion last night.

2seaoat

I strongly disagree. A good offensive team which has a solid passing game will dominate Alabama. I think this team reminds me of the 2010 team which was also clearly overrated when they played against Utah who folks thought was going to be crushed. When Utah scored 21 points in the first quarter and made Alabama look like a Junior College team......people were stunned. There are a couple of awesome offensive powers left in the undefeated column.....they are not Notre Dame or Ohio.

What LSU exposed was that Alabama's offense is overrated, and they were able to move the ball with good protection and routes over the middle in the third and fourth quarter. I am not a real fan of Oregon, but the USC game probably exposed how the championship game will be played. It will be offensive fireworks similar to the Utah game in 2010, and Alabama's offense will not be able to keep up. I have listened to Alabama fans telling Auburn fans how good their team was for a lifetime.....this year is going to be a big surprise for bama.....a big surprise.

22Alabama win over LSU points to Obama's re-election, so say the sports guys... Empty Roll Tide.... 11/4/2012, 11:09 am

2seaoat wrote:As an Auburn fan......I have seen overrated Alabama teams for a lifetime.....sadly Auburn will not give them a game later this month, but Champions......hardly. I still smile thinking about the 2010 Iron bowl and seeing those rabid Bama fans thinking they had Auburn down......beautiful!

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Well alrighty then. As much as I love the Tide, I'm a little more balanced and equanonimous when it comes to BOTH Auburn AND Bama. I pull for the Tigers when they play someone other than us....it's all about "family" with me.

YOU root for the Tigers and whoever is playing Bama this week.

I enjoy your political posts, but when it comes to sports....not so much. Your myopia and outright hatred cloud any chance you have of profoud insight or the ability to articulate your point.

You my friend, are a lost ball in tall weeds.

2seaoat wrote:I strongly disagree. A good offensive team which has a solid passing game will dominate Alabama. I think this team reminds me of the 2010 team which was also clearly overrated when they played against Utah who folks thought was going to be crushed. When Utah scored 21 points in the first quarter and made Alabama look like a Junior College team......people were stunned. There are a couple of awesome offensive powers left in the undefeated column.....they are not Notre Dame or Ohio.

What LSU exposed was that Alabama's offense is overrated, and they were able to move the ball with good protection and routes over the middle in the third and fourth quarter. I am not a real fan of Oregon, but the USC game probably exposed how the championship game will be played. It will be offensive fireworks similar to the Utah game in 2010, and Alabama's offense will not be able to keep up. I have listened to Alabama fans telling Auburn fans how good their team was for a lifetime.....this year is going to be a big surprise for bama.....a big surprise.

But the Alabama 2012 team is not the same as the Alabama 2010 team.

2seaoat

You my friend, are a lost ball in tall weeds.

No, my friend a person of stature can see into the weeds and discover the ball. I took all kinds of grief making this same argument in 2010 on the Bama team getting beat by Utah. People made fun of me. However, when some people are only three feet six inches....they will never find the ball and declare it lost....but those who have stature and vision will find the ball.....they will see what I saw as an achilles heel on Saturday. Oregon will dominate Alabama in the Championship game.....and I do not like Oregon.....duck suck......but Alabama is not all that.

You cannot be an Auburn fan if you are a Bama fan.....sorry.......you cannot be bifanexual.......it is a crime against humanity.

2seaoat wrote:I strongly disagree. A good offensive team which has a solid passing game will dominate Alabama. I think this team reminds me of the 2010 team which was also clearly overrated when they played against Utah who folks thought was going to be crushed. When Utah scored 21 points in the first quarter and made Alabama look like a Junior College team......people were stunned. There are a couple of awesome offensive powers left in the undefeated column.....they are not Notre Dame or Ohio.

It would appear as if the Ducks defense was exposed last night also. USC ran up 51 point on that suspect defense

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum