Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Almost could of gotten arrested today at the court house! I got lucky whew

+2
gulfbeachbandit
TEOTWAWKI
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

At about 4:45 pm, I went to the court house to see Clerk Of Court to pick up some forms. I put my keys ring, wallet in the tray to run through xray machine. Officer was scanning me with wand & the other guy examining my items in tray, said, hey you got a "handcuff" key here. You need to take it off and put it in your vehicle!

Yes, a real live handcuff key. Two court house deputies were standing 20 ft away and must not of heard the guy say handcuff key. Lucky me!

Thought the guy didnt ask, I felt the need to explain WHY I had that key on my key ring. Last yr I bought some Harbor Freight handcuffs, took a (6) ft heavy chain and had a welder friend tack a cuff on each end of chain. I lock one cuff on my truck anchor and run the chain through any items in truck bed & lock on the other anchor. My anti theft cheapo device. If Knight Sheriff Morgan had seen me with that key, He'd locked me up in a heart beat!

I have to wonder how they missed the lil surgical SSteel blade in my wallet? Lol.

Anchor locks:

Almost could of gotten arrested today at the court house! I got lucky whew K2905610

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

My body is a weapon that doesn't register on a metal detector.....One fart and a match and goodbye AlCada.

gulfbeachbandit

gulfbeachbandit

I almost was an astronaut. Till I found out I was afraid of heights.

no stress

no stress

You're relying on Harbor Freight handcuffs to secure items in the bed of your truck? Must not be too valuable.

seems with cuffs made like that better use could be made of them.

catfriedlegs

wild_thing wrote:seems with cuffs made like that better use could be made of them.

lol

From Law.Onecle.com (looks like a lawyer website):
It APPEARS that it is okay if it is connected to a key ring, but why push your luck?
---------------------------------------------------
Florida Statute

843.021 Unlawful possession of a concealed handcuff key.

(1) As used in this section, the term:

(a) "In custody" means any time while a person has been placed in handcuffs by a law enforcement officer, regardless of whether such person is under formal arrest.

(b) "Handcuff key" means any key, tool, device, implement, or other thing used, designed, or intended to aid in unlocking or removing handcuffs.

(c) "Concealed handcuff key" means any handcuff key carried by a person in a manner that indicates an intent to prevent discovery of the key by a law enforcement officer, including, but not limited to, a handcuff key carried:

1. In a pocket of a piece of clothing of a person, and unconnected to any key ring;

polecat

polecat

Did it burn off any of the fur when he was welding the chain to them?

gulfbeachbandit

gulfbeachbandit

I make my own handcuffs out of pickled orange blossoms, human hair, a tablespoon of honeysuckle drippings, and a pine cone. I'm still working on what to make the key out of.

Azadeh wrote:
wild_thing wrote:seems with cuffs made like that better use could be made of them.

lol

Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz

catfriedlegs

polecat wrote:Did it burn off any of the fur when he was welding the chain to them?

I can't insert smiley here so I will say LOL instead!

Markle

Markle

Yomama wrote:From Law.Onecle.com (looks like a lawyer website):
It APPEARS that it is okay if it is connected to a key ring, but why push your luck?
---------------------------------------------------
Florida Statute

843.021 Unlawful possession of a concealed handcuff key.

(1) As used in this section, the term:

(a) "In custody" means any time while a person has been placed in handcuffs by a law enforcement officer, regardless of whether such person is under formal arrest.

(b) "Handcuff key" means any key, tool, device, implement, or other thing used, designed, or intended to aid in unlocking or removing handcuffs.

(c) "Concealed handcuff key" means any handcuff key carried by a person in a manner that indicates an intent to prevent discovery of the key by a law enforcement officer, including, but not limited to, a handcuff key carried:

1. In a pocket of a piece of clothing of a person, and unconnected to any key ring;

Who knew?

Although I have a few items around the house which I think are illegal weapons. A couple of keepsakes from my Ol' Man. Come to think of it, there might be a handcuff key in his stuff.

Markle wrote:Who knew?

I didn't know that handcuff keys were illegal to carry around in your pocket. This was an informative thread.

What else like that is illegal?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum