Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

"All circuits are busy now... Please try your call again later"

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

I'm usually working in between posting to make up for the fact that I work about a gajillion unpaid hours each week. I have been trying to make business calls for the past hour or so and keep getting the operator's message that "All circuits are busy now... Please try your call again later."

I can only imagine that this is Sandy-related and that people are scrambling trying to reach their loved ones, which I completely understand as I have been there before.

Irritating, nonetheless. If I don't reach my drivers, we do not get the freight and we do not make money.

Gotta look at it in perspective though... at least I am not a victim of Sandy and facing complete financial unknown, as many others likely are right now.

stormwatch89

stormwatch89

riceme wrote:I'm usually working in between posting to make up for the fact that I work about a gajillion unpaid hours each week. I have been trying to make business calls for the past hour or so and keep getting the operator's message that "All circuits are busy now... Please try your call again later."

I can only imagine that this is Sandy-related and that people are scrambling trying to reach their loved ones, which I completely understand as I have been there before.

Irritating, nonetheless. If I don't reach my drivers, we do not get the freight and we do not make money.

Gotta look at it in perspective though... at least I am not a victim of Sandy and facing complete financial unknown, as many others likely are right now.

I understand the frustration, Riceme, but yeah, put it into perspective.

People have had their entire lives destroyed in a few minutes. Those who haven't been there really do not understand.

It's not just dollars that are ruined, it's all you've ever held dear.
There are childhood pics, high school yearbooks.......there is your life.......in a canal, down the road, on a tree branch. The insurance companies give it no value. You do. It is your history and all that you had hoped to pass on................gone.

It takes years, if not forever to recover.

stormwatch89 wrote:

People have had their entire lives destroyed in a few minutes. Those who haven't been there really do not understand.

There are childhood pics, high school yearbooks.......there is your life.......in a canal, down the road, on a tree branch. The insurance companies give it no value. You do. It is your history and all that you had hoped to pass on................gone.

Yup, I totally understand. My best friends when I lived in the Pensacola area lost their home (which used to be the home at the very end of Garcon Point). They lost absolutely everything... family pictures, jewelry and heirlooms, personal treasures of little or no monetary value, but of tremendous personal value, their dream home which they had designed and built, and sadly, two of their pets. NONE of those things can ever be replaced.

After fighting with the insurance company for many years (all the while making a mortgage payment on a home that no longer existed while also paying rent), their lawyer finally advised them to settle... for $12,000 just two years ago. They were too exhausted to fight any longer, and could no longer afford to pay a mortgage AND rent on one salary, as the lady of the house had long-since had to quit her job to care for her mother who had Alzheimer's and was no longer able to care for herself.

Very sad. So yeah, it's all about putting it into perspective.

stormwatch89

stormwatch89

riceme wrote:
stormwatch89 wrote:

Yup, I totally understand. My best friends when I lived in the Pensacola area lost their home (which used to be the home at the very end of Garcon Point). They lost absolutely everything... family pictures, jewelry and heirlooms, personal treasures of little or no monetary value, but of tremendous personal value, their dream home which they had designed and built, and sadly, two of their pets. NONE of those things can ever be replaced.

After fighting with the insurance company for many years (all the while making a mortgage payment on a home that no longer existed while also paying rent), their lawyer finally advised them to settle... for $12,000 just two years ago. They were too exhausted to fight any longer, and could no longer afford to pay a mortgage AND rent on one salary, as the lady of the house had long-since had to quit her job to care for her mother who had Alzheimer's and was no longer able to care for herself.

Very sad. So yeah, it's all about putting it into perspective.

Knew you would. Smile

riceme wrote:After fighting with the insurance company for many years (all the while making a mortgage payment on a home that no longer existed while also paying rent), their lawyer finally advised them to settle... for $12,000 just two years ago.

Typical. I'll bet the lawyer promised them the moon and charged them plenty while stringing them along. I had that experience one time... my lawyer was a skunk.

Yomama wrote:
riceme wrote:After fighting with the insurance company for many years (all the while making a mortgage payment on a home that no longer existed while also paying rent), their lawyer finally advised them to settle... for $12,000 just two years ago.

Typical. I'll bet the lawyer promised them the moon and charged them plenty while stringing them along. I had that experience one time... my lawyer was a skunk.

Ja, a schmuck who did nothing on their case. One of my best friends' wives is a lawyer and I told them they needed to get a new one, pronto tonto. They just couldn't afford it, and I think were already exhausted by the whole thing.

I'da liked to've knocked the bitch's teeth out. But hey, that's just me.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum