Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Horses, bayonets, and a smaller Obama navy, smallest since 1916

+2
Sal
Nekochan
6 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Obama tried to be condescending in his answer. As for the truth, we still have horses in the Army as they carry our dead soldiers, sailors, airmen and Marines to their graves at Arlington, we still have bayonets for our rifles, and those "ships that go under water" are called submarines/boats- not ships. You can tell Obama has as much unfamiliarity with the military as Bill Clinton had as well.

That was dumb of Romney to say that.

Nekochan

Nekochan

It was kind of funny when Obama said it....also kind of smirky. But it is a poor analogy to compare horses to ships. It makes little sense. And it's not true that the Navy wants or is satisfied with having fewer ships and planes as Obama seemed to suggest.

Nekochan wrote:It was kind of funny when Obama said it....also kind of smirky. But it is a poor analogy to compare horses to ships. It makes little sense. And it's not true that the Navy wants or is satisfied with having fewer ships and planes as Obama seemed to suggest.

How do you know that,Neko? Did you discuss it w/ the Secretary of the Navy or sumthin?

Sal

Sal

PACEDOG#1 wrote:Obama tried to be condescending in his answer. As for the truth, we still have horses in the Army as they carry our dead soldiers, sailors, airmen and Marines to their graves at Arlington, we still have bayonets for our rifles, and those "ships that go under water" are called submarines/boats- not ships. You can tell Obama has as much unfamiliarity with the military as Bill Clinton had as well.

Yes Petunia, we still have horses and bayonets in the military. The President never said that we didn't. He said we have LESS of them.

And, he said that those "ships that go under water" are "nuclear submarines".

I understand that remark stung and will continue to sting for some time, but show some dignity, man. You're embarrassing yourself.

I wonder if the marine corpses agree with obama?

no stress

no stress

Horses, bayonets, and a smaller Obama navy, smallest since 1916 29725211

If the president wanted to shake things up, though, his opponent was trying to keep things calm. The finger-pointing Romney from the first two debates was gone. Instead, seated across from Obama at a table, the former Massachusetts governor was more measured and less confrontational. He opened by congratulating the president for the mission that killed Osama bin Laden, though he followed that brief praise by repeatedly questioning the strength of his leadership.

“I look around the world — I don’t see our influence growing around the world,” Romney said. “I see our influence receding.” He blasted Obama for tensions with Israel and questioned the effectiveness of his policies toward Iran. But his tone seemed to be one more of regret than anger, and on several fronts he said he agreed with the administration.

That prompted Obama to accuse him of “trying to airbrush history” by adopting more moderate policies on global topics than he espoused in the past.

The first two debates enabled Romney to achieve what millions of dollars in TV ads and the better part of a year of campaigning had failed to do: to persuade voters to see him as a plausible president, worthy of a second look. He seemed determined to capitalize on that opportunity by looking, well, presidential in the third one, even at the risk of letting some of Obama’s caustic jibes go unanswered.

http://www.navytimes.com/news/2012/10/gannett-final-debate-2012-102312/

Sal

Sal

Gunz wrote:Horses, bayonets, and a smaller Obama navy, smallest since 1916 29725211

Ahhh yes, the good ol' bayonet. Used to stab old car tires at Parris Island, then gathered dust under my bunk until I needed it to open an MRE ... or pound in a tent stake with the butt .... or pick my toe nails ..... or throw at a dartboard. A truly exceptional weapon.

Rolling Eyes

Nekochan

Nekochan

Dreamsglore wrote:
Nekochan wrote:It was kind of funny when Obama said it....also kind of smirky. But it is a poor analogy to compare horses to ships. It makes little sense. And it's not true that the Navy wants or is satisfied with having fewer ships and planes as Obama seemed to suggest.

How do you know that,Neko? Did you discuss it w/ the Secretary of the Navy or sumthin?

The Sec of Navy is an OBAMA APPOINTEE. Of course, the Sec of Navy has to agree with what the President says. He came out recently and said that the Navy could do its job with 300 or less ships, after the Navy had wanted over 300 total ships. Of course he goes along with what Obama says or he'll be fired. But other naval experts do not agree with him. And senior navy leadership does not want a smaller fleet. Navy leadership, of any country, in any time, would never call for a smaller fleet.

http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2012/oct/16/romney-campaign-cites-need-new-frigates/

VectorMan

VectorMan

Obama lost...again. As expected.

His expressions are so telling. He didn't look very presidential. Just pissed. LOL

Sal

Sal

VectorMan wrote:Obama lost...again. As expected.

His expressions are so telling. He didn't look very presidential. Just pissed. LOL

Willard looked constipated and sweaty.

Horses, bayonets, and a smaller Obama navy, smallest since 1916 Romney11

Gross.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

salinsky wrote:
Gunz wrote:Horses, bayonets, and a smaller Obama navy, smallest since 1916 29725211

Ahhh yes, the good ol' bayonet. Used to stab old car tires at Parris Island, then gathered dust under my bunk until I needed it to open an MRE ... or pound in a tent stake with the butt .... or pick my toe nails ..... or throw at a dartboard. A truly exceptional weapon.

Rolling Eyes

I think I put a bayonet on a rifle once, when I was at OCS back in 1973....

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Sal

Sal

Nekochan wrote:Navy leadership, of any country, in any time, would never call for a smaller fleet.

Duh. That's why civilian leadership is critically important.

OBAMA: "And so the question is not a game of Battleship, where we're counting slips. It's what are our capabilities. And so when I sit down with the Secretary of the Navy and the Joint Chiefs of Staff, we determine how are we going to be best able to meet all of our defense needs in a way that also keeps faith with our troops, that also makes sure that our veterans have the kind of support that they need when they come home.

And that is not reflected in the kind of budget that you're putting forward because it just doesn't work."

Nekochan

Nekochan

Of course it's why civilian leadership is important but Obama is still wrong in suggesting that military leadership is happy with downsizing.

Sal

Sal

Nekochan wrote:Obama is still wrong in suggesting that military leadership is happy with downsizing.

Has he said that?

Because all I've heard him say is that Willard is proposing spending way more than the brass has asked for, which is absolutely true.

Nekochan

Nekochan

salinsky wrote:
Nekochan wrote:Obama is still wrong in suggesting that military leadership is happy with downsizing.

Has he said that?

Because all I've heard him say is that Willard is proposing spending way more than the brass has asked for, which is absolutely true.

Actually, the Navy had asked for more in the last couple of years (a 316+ ship navy) but the Sec of Navy downsized their requests.

http://thediplomat.com/flashpoints-blog/2012/04/02/must-u-s-navy-downsize-plans/

NaNook

NaNook

salinsky wrote:

Has he said that?

Obama didn't know the difference between a ship and a boat. Subs are boats, period. Mitt is wanting to spend Taxpayer money to achieve the most effective bang for the buck. BTW; what does one call those knives attached to guns?

salinsky wrote:

Rolling Eyes

No ahole SALINSKY , the hand to hand combat techniques used when you and I went to boot camp are more than relevant now that we are using fewer troops and more spec ops folks where stealth and improvised attacks are more common. I could mention what some reservists have been through recently in the AFID program, but I don't want to violate any disclosure agreements I have signed. trust me, hand to hand combat is high on the list for all troops.

This debunks you tripe as well:

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/in-defense-of-bayonets-horses-5-problems-with-the-presidents-zinger-last-night/

salinsky wrote:

Has he said that?

Really? Link?

Nekochan

Nekochan

Ryan had a nice response this morning....the oceans haven't shrunk over the years.

Nekochan wrote:Ryan had a nice response this morning....the oceans haven't shrunk over the years.

...and with Obama already down sizing the Army and Marines, doing the same to the Navy is national suicide.

salinsky wrote:

Gross.

Have you ever been under the lights before a camera crew? It is darn hot brother.

PACEDOG#1 wrote:
salinsky wrote:

Gross.

Have you ever been under the lights before a camera crew? It is darn hot brother.

heres a pic i caught. its also telling. other than the pic taking that night wasnt that good, but anyway.......

what does this pic say?

[img]Horses, bayonets, and a smaller Obama navy, smallest since 1916 Croppr10[/img]

Sal

Sal

Here's a better one;

Horses, bayonets, and a smaller Obama navy, smallest since 1916 Gettyi10

Can you say, "unhinged"?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum