Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

You can drink this crap and die but you can't have raw milk....stupid FDA.

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/10/22/us-monster-lawsuit-idUSBRE89L16G20121022

The Food and Drug Administration said on Monday that it was investigating reports of five deaths that may be associated with Monster Beverage Corp's namesake energy drink, and the company's shares fell more than 14 percent.

Monster is also being sued by the family of a 14-year-old Maryland girl with a heart condition who died after drinking two cans of its Monster energy drink in a 24-hour period.

Monster said it does not believe its drinks are "in any way responsible" for the girl's death.

The energy drink market is dominated by Monster and Austrian company Red Bull, but it also includes beverages made by Coca-Cola Co and PepsiCo.

Nekochan

Nekochan

TEOTWAWKI wrote:http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/10/22/us-monster-lawsuit-idUSBRE89L16G20121022

The Food and Drug Administration said on Monday that it was investigating reports of five deaths that may be associated with Monster Beverage Corp's namesake energy drink, and the company's shares fell more than 14 percent.

Monster is also being sued by the family of a 14-year-old Maryland girl with a heart condition who died after drinking two cans of its Monster energy drink in a 24-hour period.

Monster said it does not believe its drinks are "in any way responsible" for the girl's death.

The energy drink market is dominated by Monster and Austrian company Red Bull, but it also includes beverages made by Coca-Cola Co and PepsiCo.

Kind of like...your teenage daughter might get expelled if she's caught taking an aspirin at school, but they're more than happy to give her the morning after pill.

A lot of things are ass backwards in this country.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

A good example also....Yeah when I was a kid my Paternal Grandpa owned a large dairy and I drank lots of milk straight from the cow and felt great when I stayed with him some summers. Now though with corporate farms using chemically altered cows with bloated, bleeding and diseased udders I won't touch milk.....

Nekochan

Nekochan

TEOTWAWKI wrote:A good example also....Yeah when I was a kid my Paternal Grandpa owned a large dairy and I drank lots of milk straight from the cow and felt great when I stayed with him some summers. Now though with corporate farms using chemically altered cows with bloated, bleeding and diseased udders I won't touch milk.....

My daddy hated store bought milk....he called it "chemicals". LOL, makes me smile to remember him saying that...
There used to be some dairies in Pensacola (when I was a kid) where you could buy milk straight from the cow and daddy would search those out and sometimes buy milk from those. That was 40 years ago.

Everman's sells raw milk but the owner told me according to the FDA it must be labeled "Not For Human Consumption."

Nekochan

Nekochan

Ghost_Rider1 wrote:Everman's sells raw milk but the owner told me according to the FDA it must be labeled "Not For Human Consumption."

Reminds me of the ice they sold at the PX in Japan....lol.
Or when the Veterinarian would proclaim that outdated food items were fit for human consumption.

I used to deliver food products to the Navy Exchanges. I believe it is the veterinary department that checks in the foods such as cheese and cold/frozen food. I think I am right. Been a while but I think they did in Meridian Ms.

Nekochan

Nekochan

hallmarkgrad wrote:I used to deliver food products to the Navy Exchanges. I believe it is the veterinary department that checks in the foods such as cheese and cold/frozen food. I think I am right. Been a while but I think they did in Meridian Ms.

Yes, same thing on base in Japan. Also, sometimes when things like yogurt, etc had expired, the Vet would be brought in to label it "safe".

When we first went to Japan in 1992 (first tour), the Commissary was so, so bad. Unbelievably bad. They would routinely not have staples such as butter, baking powder, sugar, flour....and the meat they sold was green. The 'fresh' vegetables were wilted. That's when I learned to shop off base for items like fresh chicken, bread, veggies, fruit. Most everything in Japanese supermarkets is much more expensive than in US supermarkets. So I didn't buy everything in Japanese stores, but I did buy things like fresh bread, chicken breasts, vegetables and fruit. As it turned out, the people running the base commissary were black marketing goods. I think all the "good stuff" was sold on the black market or kept back for themselves and their friends. When the new commissary was built, it got much better. That's about the time we left from our first tour. But still--outdated items were still declared safe for human consumption by the veterinarian. lol.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum