Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Red Tails a George Lucas film

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Red Tails a George Lucas film Empty Red Tails a George Lucas film 6/24/2012, 12:48 pm

I rented and watched Red Tails yesterday, depicting the Tuskegee Airmen. It was a good movie but in my opinion it was not as good as "The Tuskegee Airmen". Well worth the $1.20 that I spent at Redbox.

2Red Tails a George Lucas film Empty Re: Red Tails a George Lucas film 6/25/2012, 10:20 pm

Nekochan

Nekochan

I saw it a few months ago. One thing I wondered about in the story line was the romance between one of the airmen and the white Italian woman. I'm not sure how realistic that part of the story was for the time period.

3Red Tails a George Lucas film Empty Re: Red Tails a George Lucas film 6/26/2012, 10:03 am

Nekochan wrote:I saw it a few months ago. One thing I wondered about in the story line was the romance between one of the airmen and the white Italian woman. I'm not sure how realistic that part of the story was for the time period.

I'm not either but I do not believe that discrimination and prejudice was as bad in Europe as in was in America. So I think it is plausible that a romance between an Italian woman and a black pilot could have blossomed.

4Red Tails a George Lucas film Empty Re: Red Tails a George Lucas film 6/26/2012, 11:31 am

Nekochan

Nekochan

Italy...in the 40s? I'm not so sure about that.

It could have been a much better movie, I think.

5Red Tails a George Lucas film Empty Re: Red Tails a George Lucas film 6/26/2012, 11:34 am

Nekochan wrote:Italy...in the 40s? I'm not so sure about that.

It could have been a much better movie, I think.

No doubt it could have been a better movie. I enjoyed Tuskegee Airmen better than Red Tails.

Ghost_Rider1 wrote:
Nekochan wrote:I saw it a few months ago. One thing I wondered about in the story line was the romance between one of the airmen and the white Italian woman. I'm not sure how realistic that part of the story was for the time period.

I'm not either but I do not believe that discrimination and prejudice was as bad in Europe as in was in America. So I think it is plausible that a romance between an Italian woman and a black pilot could have blossomed.

Can't imagine black folks having it any better than Jews in early 1940's Europe.. remember Hitler's reaction to Jesse Owens? That was 1936. Nazi Germany and Fascist Italy allied in 1939, so....

Ghost_Rider1 wrote:I rented and watched Red Tails yesterday, depicting the Tuskegee Airmen. It was a good movie but in my opinion it was not as good as "The Tuskegee Airmen". Well worth the $1.20 that I spent at Redbox.

I'm into military history, particularly aviation, and in both flicks the P-51's seemed to fly like F-18s. Too much artistic license, IMO. There's a great story to be told there - why ruin it with BS?

Shanghai wrote:
I'm into military history, particularly aviation, and in both flicks the P-51's seemed to fly like F-18s. Too much artistic license, IMO. There's a great story to be told there - why ruin it with BS?

Because some Hollywood jerkoff thought that one looked better than the other, because he thought the audience wouldn't know the difference, because he saved some money... Take your pick. Rolling Eyes Honestly I do not know, but only imagine one of above or something similar is the answer.

I'll look online for both of these movies. Sounds like something I'd like.

Shanghai wrote:
Ghost_Rider1 wrote:I rented and watched Red Tails yesterday, depicting the Tuskegee Airmen. It was a good movie but in my opinion it was not as good as "The Tuskegee Airmen". Well worth the $1.20 that I spent at Redbox.

I was always under the impression that most movie sets involving the military would have a technical advisor around. I watched an episode of NCIS recently where they embarked on an aircraft carrier, of course the name of the carrier and the hull number were fake. The most glaring mistake that I caught almost immediately was some of the planes on the flight deck. Sitting among F-18 Hornets were 2 F-14 Tomcats. Well the F-14 was a Navy aircraft, but has not flown since 2006 and also retired that same year.

Ghost_Rider1 wrote:
I was always under the impression that most movie sets involving the military would have a technical advisor around. I watched an episode of NCIS recently where they embarked on an aircraft carrier, of course the name of the carrier and the hull number were fake. The most glaring mistake that I caught almost immediately was some of the planes on the flight deck. Sitting among F-18 Hornets were 2 F-14 Tomcats. Well the F-14 was a Navy aircraft, but has not flown since 2006 and also retired that same year.

Yeah, I think you're right GR.

Was that a recent episode of NCIS Los Angeles? That show aired an episode just before Christmas (I think it was) that took place on an aircraft carrier. I like the NCIS shows, but I'm no aircraft buff so I would not have likely noticed unless I looked them up, which I sometimes do, pausing in the middle of the show to do so.

riceme wrote:
Ghost_Rider1 wrote:

Yeah, I think you're right GR.

Was that a recent episode of NCIS Los Angeles? That show aired an episode just before Christmas (I think it was) that took place on an aircraft carrier. I like the NCIS shows, but I'm no aircraft buff so I would not have likely noticed unless I looked them up, which I sometimes do, pausing in the middle of the show to do so.

Thanks for correcting me, you are right it was NCIS: Los Angeles not NCIS....................... Embarassed

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum