Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Local Crime

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Local Crime Empty Local Crime 1/4/2010, 1:24 am

So someone else got shot, as reported by PNJ: http://www.pnj.com/article/20100103/NEWS01/100103003

This is what ticks me off: Witnesses were not cooperative, Roy said. “They were fearful of retaliation,” he said.

What the hell are these folks doing? They are enabling a punk thug! Grrrrrrrrr Don't folks realize that as long as they enable, this will continue? Why can't they stand up for themselves and their families?

2Local Crime Empty Re: Local Crime 1/4/2010, 2:05 am

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

BoredMom wrote:So someone else got shot, as reported by PNJ: http://www.pnj.com/article/20100103/NEWS01/100103003

This is what ticks me off: Witnesses were not cooperative, Roy said. “They were fearful of retaliation,” he said.

What the hell are these folks doing? They are enabling a punk thug! Grrrrrrrrr Don't folks realize that as long as they enable, this will continue? Why can't they stand up for themselves and their families?

Hey they probably would suffer a drive by and their 2 year old would probably catch the bullet. Police can't protect them so ...well it's common knowledge snitches die. affraid

3Local Crime Empty Re: Local Crime 1/4/2010, 4:47 pm

boards of FL

boards of FL

TEOTWAWKI wrote:
BoredMom wrote:So someone else got shot, as reported by PNJ: http://www.pnj.com/article/20100103/NEWS01/100103003

Hey they probably would suffer a drive by and their 2 year old would probably catch the bullet. Police can't protect them so ...well it's common knowledge snitches die. affraid

Yes but by not co-operating, they are further incentivizing these thugs to continue on with this sort of violent behavior with absolutely no fear of repercussions.

4Local Crime Empty Re: Local Crime 1/4/2010, 5:04 pm

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

boards of FL wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:

Yes but by not co-operating, they are further incentivizing these thugs to continue on with this sort of violent behavior with absolutely no fear of repercussions.

Hey police don't rat each other out, soldiers seldom rat each other out, doctors don't rat each other out.....so you expect gang bangers to rat each other out.... It takes courage to come forward from the herd. Not only might you die but there will be many that will blame you for their loved one's being incarcerated. Sure you may get rid of one bad guy but there's two waiting to take his place.
All that said of course the right thing to do is point the finger at the bad guy. Then live in fear for yours and your families safety for years to come.
Twisted Evil

5Local Crime Empty Re: Local Crime 1/4/2010, 5:15 pm

It's just wrong! I would have NO problem at all letting LEO's know just who did it. It does not have to be said in front of 100 people that would then go tell everyone...'BoredMom told who'...
But knowing me, I would be so pissed, I would just say it. Period. Then go buy guns... Shocked

6Local Crime Empty Re: Local Crime 1/5/2010, 9:36 pm

Bored mom, the location where this happened is one of the roughest streets in this town. You do NOT go to Erres Blvd, even in the daytime, alone. It's just across from Montclair Elementary and has been, possibly, the most drug infested street in Pensacola for years now. It's right behind Truman Arms (excuse me, oak something apartments, yeah, right) and is where the drug salesmen who sell the drugs to all the folks in that complex live.

Gangs and thugs RULE that street, and if I were standing on the corner and saw somebody shoot someone else in the toe at that location, I'd be too afraid for my life to tell who did it either.

I wouldn't rat on anything that happened on Hampton Road either, or out on Sonnyboy or Mack Street in Ensley.
For the most part, the folks around there HAVE to live there or they wouldn't. I can't fault them too much. Some of 'em have kids that they don't want to leave as orphans.

7Local Crime Empty Re: Local Crime 1/5/2010, 11:47 pm

boards of FL

boards of FL

calicocat wrote:Bored mom, the location where this happened is one of the roughest streets in this town. You do NOT go to Erres Blvd, even in the daytime, alone. It's just across from Montclair Elementary and has been, possibly, the most drug infested street in Pensacola for years now. It's right behind Truman Arms (excuse me, oak something apartments, yeah, right) and is where the drug salesmen who sell the drugs to all the folks in that complex live.

Gangs and thugs RULE that street, and if I were standing on the corner and saw somebody shoot someone else in the toe at that location, I'd be too afraid for my life to tell who did it either.

I wouldn't rat on anything that happened on Hampton Road either, or out on Sonnyboy or Mack Street in Ensley.
For the most part, the folks around there HAVE to live there or they wouldn't. I can't fault them too much. Some of 'em have kids that they don't want to leave as orphans.

This raises a chicken vs the egg situation.

Do people not cooperate with the police because the place is ruled by thugs, or is the place ruled by thugs because people do not cooperate with the police? I have to go with the latter here. Granted, it takes serious balls to cooperate in such a neighborhood when the gangs rule, but if you don't, it will always be that way.

8Local Crime Empty Re: Local Crime 8/21/2010, 1:50 am

I don't agree w/ the fear mentality. People need to do something about the dangers their kids are exposed to living in neighborhoods like that. They need to take the responsibility to band together and do crime watches and report drug activity.We have a neighborhood watch in our subdivision. Everybody in that area needs to get together and work w/ the police to change things. The Police Dept. will assist you in developing neighborhood crime watches.Many drug infested areas in this country have done that and cleaned up their neighborhoods.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum