Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Trump’s White House Was ‘Awash in Speed’ — and Xanax

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Under Trump, the White House Medical Unit was “like the Wild West,” and staffers had easy access to powerful stimulants and sedatives, sources tell Rolling Stone

BY NOAH SHACHTMAN, ASAWIN SUEBSAENG
MARCH 3, 2024

"IF YOU EVER looked at the actions of the Trump White House and wondered, ‘Are they on drugs?’ — the answer was, in some cases, yes. Absolutely, yes.

In January, the Defense Department’s inspector general released a report detailing how the White House Medical Unit during the Trump administration distributed controlled substances with scant oversight and even sloppier record keeping. Investigators repeatedly noted that the unit had ordered thousands and thousands of doses of the stimulant modafinil, which has been used by military pilots for decades to stay alert during long missions.

The report didn’t say why so many of those pills had been given out. But for many who served in the Trump White House, the investigation highlighted an open secret. According to interviews with four former senior administration officials and others with knowledge of the matter, the stimulant was routinely given to staffers who needed an energy boost after a late night, or just a pick-me-up to handle another day at a uniquely stressful job. As one of the former officials tells Rolling Stone, the White House at that time was “awash in speed.”

Knowledgeable sources say that samples of the stimulant were passed around for those contributing lines to major Trump speeches, working late hours on foreign policy initiatives, responding to Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s probe, coping with the deluge of media inquiries about that investigation, and so much more. (Trump’s campaign did not respond to an email seeking comment for this story.)

Modafinil — also known by its brand name, Provigil — wasn’t the only controlled substance that Trump officials young and old routinely acquired. “It was kind of like the Wild West. Things were pretty loose. Whatever someone needs, we were going to fill this,” one source with direct knowledge of the matter recalls.

The anti-anxiety medication Xanax was also a popular, easy-to-get drug during the Trump years, three sources tell us. Neither Xanax nor its generic, alprazolam, is mentioned in the Pentagon report, which notes that it is not a comprehensive list of the controlled substances ordered during the Trump years. Two people with direct knowledge of the situation recall senior officials getting Xanax from the White House Medical Unit — and sharing it with colleagues..."

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-features/trump-white-house-drugs-speed-xanax-1234979503/#recipient_hashed=052a80c2324606422e710a53abc71ece0c9f4358962ed7b3939f34e71d434571&recipient_salt=cef11de0136c1570026b170000ba32aa0e19925c72d33040cca9e224aa43d4ae

zsomething likes this post

zsomething

"Got to hurry, got to hurry
I don't believe you worry
Take it back, take it back
You know you can't do that

Don't want no sleep
Just hide and seek
'Cuz I'm a speed freak
Baby I'm a speed freak

Way too fast, way too fast
Gonna be the first and last
Shoot ya down, shoot ya down
Flaming wreck you hit the ground

Up for a week
I don't want no sleep
'Cuz I'm a speed freak
Baby I'm a speed freak

No regrets, no regrets
You know you can't afford them yet
Cut 'em down, cut 'em down
Over under sideways 'round

Up for a week
Playing hide and seek
'Cuz I'm a speed freak
Everlasting speed freak"

Shocked  bounce  affraid

There've been long-standing rumors of Trump being on Adderall.   Supposedly he crushes and snorts it, which might explain all that weird sniffing he does.

Then there's the "taco bowl" pic.

Trump’s White House Was ‘Awash in Speed’ — and Xanax 2019.10.06-12.32-politicalflare-5d993631a2aec-1200x674

That drawer is stuffed with boxes of Sudafed, including boxes only sold in the UK that have extra speed in 'em.

To me, the "is Trump on crank?" question is kind like the "is Trump suffering from dementia?" question -- I'm not sure it really matters much because the guy's already SO FOOKIN CRAY-CRAY that dementia or being whizzed out on some pharm is a drop in the bucket.  Dude's already a lunatic, so dementia or drugs is just whipped cream on a very large sundae.  

But, it does just add to the hypocrisy of Republicans.  They're constantly going on about Hunter Biden's problems (which he does have and is at least addressing 'em) or Biden's supposed "senility" (which I think is bullshit -- he's just gaffe-prone and verbally fumblesome and always has been... none of which is impairing his job any), but ignoring the tsunami of whackaloon coming from their chosen candidate.  Not to mention the rest of the hypocrisy they embrace  (Lauren Boebert is a complete wine-list of fuck-up all by her lil' self).  

The GOP is a party cult that has completely normalized absurdity.   They're a clown show in denial about being a clown show.  They magnify-and-multiply every little eccentricity they can find on the left, while blacking out and completely ignoring every iceberg of whatthafuck on the right.

I mean, this is a party that had actual Nazis goose-stepping around CPAC ( https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/nazis-mingle-openly-cpac-spreading-antisemitic-conspiracy-theories-fin-rcna140335 )

Trump’s White House Was ‘Awash in Speed’ — and Xanax Sanchez-nazi-salute-CPAC

And even had a stage designed after a Nazi Odal Rune.

Trump’s White House Was ‘Awash in Speed’ — and Xanax EvQAMtrXUAEkSk_

They've absolutely lost their way and way too many of 'em are still trying to bargain with themselves to pretend they aren't part of something that belongs in an asylum.

Floridatexan and RealLindaL like this post

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

This is what they admire?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum