Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Republikkkan Plan for America

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

https://www.politico.com/f/?id=0000017f-1cf5-d281-a7ff-3ffd5f4a0000

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/02/22/rick-scott-gop-agenda-00010431

Telstar and zsomething like this post

zsomething

I went to one of those "academies" in the South that was governed pretty much like Rick Scott's "plan." You know how conservatives are always fretting over "indoctrination" in schools? They practice it harder than anyone else. My school jammed right-wing white-supremacist Christian (specifically Southern Baptist) bullshit down our throats every fucking day. What we didn't get taught were things like algebra, or science, or actual history. Damn little literature, too.

Luckily I recognized it as something to rebel against. Plus, I was a reader, and I had smarter parents than most of my classmates, and they home-schooled me after hours in a lot of stuff that my high school missed. When I got to college, and had to be in classes with kids who'd gone to the local public school, I quickly found out how bad my conservative high school had been. Fortunately I was able to catch up. Most of my old classmates didn't, and almost none of 'em made it through college. And my class, for all that "Jesus" shit we had forced on us so aggressively, was full of drunks, drug addicts, criminals, etc., just disaster after disaster. Crazy divorce rate. And their kids are even worse; I hardly know a conservative who doesn't have a kid who's in jail, in drug rehab, or dead from their failed parenting and, often, abuse. And usually they've got substance problems, relationship problems, and bad legal records of their own.

And yet they still think they're people everyone else should listen to. Like I should take advice from somebody who's fucked up their life a lot more than I have. No thanks, y'all can stow that shit.

Fuck ya, Rick Scott -- you've got nothing to offer to anyone. Keeping people ignorant and governing by theocracy is what the Taliban does. This, however, is America. If conservatives want to find out exactly what that means, they can just keep pushing... because the rest of us, especially after that shit on January 6th, are 'bout fuckin' tired of toleratin' ya.

Floridatexan, Telstar and RealLindaL like this post

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

zsomething wrote:I went to one of those "academies" in the South that was governed pretty much like Rick Scott's "plan."  You know how conservatives are always fretting over "indoctrination" in schools?  They practice it harder than anyone else.  My school jammed right-wing white-supremacist Christian (specifically Southern Baptist) bullshit down our throats every fucking day.  What we didn't get taught were things like algebra, or science, or actual history.  Damn little literature, too.  

Luckily I recognized it as something to rebel against.  Plus, I was a reader, and I had smarter parents than most of my classmates, and they home-schooled me after hours in a lot of stuff that my high school missed.   When I got to college, and had to be in classes with kids who'd gone to the local public school, I quickly found out how bad my conservative high school had been.  Fortunately I was able to catch up.  Most of my old classmates didn't, and almost none of 'em made it through college.  And my class, for all that "Jesus" shit we had forced on us so aggressively, was full of drunks, drug addicts, criminals, etc., just disaster after disaster.   Crazy divorce rate. And their kids are even worse;  I hardly know a conservative who doesn't have a kid who's in jail, in drug rehab, or dead from their failed parenting and, often, abuse.  And usually they've got substance problems, relationship problems, and bad legal records of their own.  

And yet they still think they're people everyone else should listen to.  Like I should take advice from somebody who's fucked up their life a lot more than I have.  No thanks, y'all can stow that shit.

Fuck ya, Rick Scott -- you've got nothing to offer to anyone.  Keeping people ignorant and governing by theocracy is what the Taliban does.  This, however, is America.  If conservatives want to find out exactly what that means, they can just keep pushing... because the rest of us, especially after that shit on January 6th, are 'bout fuckin' tired of toleratin' ya.  

I hear you loud and clear on the right-wing pseudo-Christians, who are just as brainwashed here as the ones in Mississippi.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

First term Republican Senator Rick Scott from the state of Florida has decided that he doesn't like Mitch McConnell's plan to head into the midterms with no actual agenda for the Republican party. So even though he's only in his first term, he does happen to chair the, you know, national Republican senatorial committee, which is their big fundraising arm for Senate Republicans. So he does have some power. He's got quite a bit of it, and he's decided to kind of use his power a little bit to show that he in fact has a better plan than Mitch McConnell. Rather than sitting back and watching Democrats self destruct, no, Rick Scott says I have a 31 page plan that I am releasing and this is gonna be our path moving forward, for those who want to adopt it, of course. Right? I don't want to step on Mitch McConnell's toes. But that's exactly what he's doing because this is the power struggle taking place in the United States Senate today among the Republicans.

And to be honest, we would all probably be much better off if the Republicans did have no plan, because the thing that Rick Scott has put out there is absolutely horrendous. It would ban any federal application from any mention of race at all. And you may think, okay, well, isn't that a good thing? Don't we want to not consider that? No, we actually need those things to make sure that we have, you know, representative people working in government. You strip that away, I guarantee you we're gonna start seeing more and more and more and more old white guys taking over everything, which is of course, why affirmative action exists in the first place, to prevent things like that, because yes, there is bias in hiring and Rick Scott wants to take us back to that. He also wants to enact legislation on the federal level for national voter IDs, which means that low income people who may not drive, they clearly don't travel by airplane.

They don't need IDs, right? You don't look like you're 12, so you don't need an ID to go down to the store and buy a case of beer, if you can even afford it. There's lots of people in this country for the record folks who do not have IDs and do not have the means with which to get them. And Rick Scott knows that, Republicans know that, that's why they put these laws in place. There's other methods they could use to verify somebody's identity, they just refuse to do it. So that's why they're doing it because this one actually costs people money and makes them have to take a special trip and all of that, that they can't do. It also would attack critical race theory, which again is not taught in any school in this country. It would ban transgender athletes, you know, basically going through the gamut of culture war issues for Republicans, codifying into federal law what Republicans are doing state by state across this country.

And not enough people are getting off about as I've already mentioned once in a video this week. And also it would raise taxes on the poorest Americans. Now, Rick Scott came out, I think it was Tuesday evening and said, no, this thing does not raise taxes on the poorest Americans. That's not in the plan. And then everybody literally pulled up the plan and said, it's right here. It says it right here. To have skin in the game, everybody has to pay at least some income tax.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

DON’T LAUGH AT RICK SCOTT’S ‘PLAN TO RESCUE AMERICA’ OR BE FOOLED BY REPORTS OF A ‘BACKLASH’ — HIS ONLY MISTAKE WAS REVEALING THE TRUTH OF TODAY’S GOP

BY ANNIKA BROCKSCHMIDT MARCH 3, 2022

"On Tuesday, Senator Rick Scott (R-FL) unveiled what he modestly calls “An 11 Point Plan To Rescue America,” his policy platform proposal should the GOP retake the Senate in the November midterms. “I’ll warn you; this plan is not for the faint of heart,” Scott writes—and he’s right, in that it’s a truly terrifying document. It might not be as blatantly White Supremacist as last year’s “Anglo-Saxon” caucus, which turned out to be too racist even for the GOP, but it’s the most right-wing policy platform a major member of the GOP has put in writing to date.

David Walsh, a researcher of the conservative movement and the far Right, doesn’t mince words in his analysis of Scott’s plan: “I can say in all seriousness that I have read less extreme political manifestos from the John Birch Society.”

Scott paints a dire picture of the state of the country, echoing Trump’s claims of “American carnage.” The far left, Scott claims, “has driven the US to the brink of doom.” According to Scott’s narrative, only his plan can save America from certain destruction at the hands of an authoritarian, un-American ideology, personified by the Democrats, who are hell-bent on destroying or changing:

“American history, patriotism, border security, the nuclear family, gender, traditional morality, capitalism, fiscal responsibility, opportunity, rugged individualism, Judeo-Christian values, dissent, free speech, color blindness, law enforcement, religious liberty, parental involvement in public schools, and private ownership of firearms.”

What reads like a check-list of white Christian nationalist buzzwords actually achieves two things: first, it promotes classic GOP talking points of cutting back Social Security, fighting crime and strengthening border security; and second, it adds the unhinged culture war agenda of the far Right to the mix. Scott promotes a long list of drastic changes to the fabric of US society: in line with the Right’s attack on public education, schools will be forced to teach American exceptionalism and the public education sector would be diminished, as would the federal Department of Education.

Scott justifies the latter with the “states’ rights” rhetoric that the Right still uses to paint over the real cause of the Civil War, which was, of course, primarily slavery. He uses the classic lexicon of “school choice” that’s been popular with conservatives for decades, and pairs it with fascistic purges of teachers who don’t adhere to the ideology laid out in his “Plan to Rescue America.”

These parts are already being put into legislation at the state level by the implementation of draconian laws that seek to put the education sector under authoritarian control and essentially do away with the liberal model of public education in the US altogether.

Centering the white in ‘white Christian nationalism’

Scott’s plan also illustrates what Sam Perry, Andrew Whitehead, and other sociologists have shown time and time again: That the “white” in white Christian nationalism is central to its ideology. Scott would also eliminate anything that promotes diversity in government and public life—a drastic, devastating way of enacting the rhetoric of “colorblindness” into what it actually means: ensuring white, Christian dominance in all matters cultural and political.

Immigrants, Scott’s document claims, will only be allowed into the country if they “assimilate,” and they shouldn’t seek to “change” America, only to be Americans—or, rather, what Scott deems to be real Americans. This is along the same lines as the ethno-nationalist sense of “volk” that animates the latest ad for Peter Thiel-backed far-right candidate for US Senate in Arizona, Blake Masters. Both claim that there’s a narrow and fixed definition of who is and is not American—first and foremost, white, Christian people who look, sound, dress, worship, believe, love, and act like they do—and both draw clear lines to show who is in and who is not a part of it..."

https://religiondispatches.org/dont-laugh-at-rick-scotts-plan-to-rescue-america-or-be-fooled-by-reports-of-a-backlash-his-only-mistake-was-revealing-the-truth-of-todays-gop/

Today I received a letter from the Supervisor of Elections telling me that I need to provide either the last 4 of my SS# or my driver's license number, or, if possible, both, so that I can receive a vote by mail ballot (due to a recent change in FL law!!!). I have been registered to vote in this state since 1980. I'm sure that I provided proper ID when I registered to vote. This is bullshit.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

The Republikkkan Plan for America ThisRightHere

zsomething

The Republikkkan Plan for America FYCyLO3XEAINca7?format=jpg&name=900x900

Floridatexan and Telstar like this post

Telstar

Telstar

Racist Ron says all Nazis are welcome to Come On Down to Florida!

Floridatexan and zsomething like this post

zsomething

More and more Republicans are wanting to just be "ruled."  Now they're wanting a monarchy.   For all their screaming about Democrats and "Communism," right-wingers are proving far more attracted to the Communist authoritarian model than Democrats are.  Republicans don't really want the people to have a voice in how they're governed, or how they live their lives.  

https://www.yahoo.com/news/antidemocratic-philosophy-called-neoreaction-creeping-120017412.html

Yarvin advocates for an entirely new system of government – what he calls “neocameralism.” He advocates for a centrally managed economy led by a monarch – perhaps modeled after a corporate CEO – who wouldn’t need to adhere to plodding liberal-democratic procedures. Yarvin has written approvingly of the late Chinese leader Deng Xiaoping for his pragmatic and market-oriented authoritarianism.

While not explicitly fascist, Yarvin’s worldview does, at times, appear to have a fascistic bent. As the historian Roger Griffin once argued, the essence of fascism was a nationwide process of death and rebirth. Yarvin’s rhetoric of “reboots” and “hard resets” evokes the imagery of national renewal.

Moreover, though he maintains that he is not a white nationalist, he has echoed racist views like the belief that white people, on average, have higher IQs than Black people.

Follow the money

Though neoreaction has long eschewed involvement in electoral politics, it seems to be be gradually penetrating mainstream right-wing spaces.

Yarvin is said to have helped popularize the “red pill” meme in alt-right subcultures. Pulled from the 1999 film “The Matrix,” to take the red pill is to no longer live under the spell of delusion. In the context of politics, it means breaking free from the spell of liberal orthodoxy.

In September 2021, Yarvin made an appearance on “Tucker Carlson Today,” during which he explained the concept of the cathedral. When Yarvin called himself a monarchist, Carlson didn’t bat an eye.

Then, in May 2022, Vanity Fair reported on the relationship among Yarvin, GOP megadonor and venture capitalist Peter Thiel and U.S. Senate candidates J.D. Vance and Blake Masters.

Thiel, who is often described as a libertarian, holds views that can appear to be contradictory or mysterious. Reporter Max Chafkin, who wrote a biography of Thiel, told Politico in September 2021 that the investor has an authoritarian streak – “a longing” for a “more powerful chief executive.”

Thiel, like Yarvin, has expressed frustration with American democracy. As far back as 2004, Thiel lamented that “America’s constitutional machinery” prevents “any single ambitious person from reconstructing the old Republic.”

This doesn't really surprise me much, knowing conservatives.  From infancy they're trained to abdicate most of their thought and freedom to the village witch doctor -- their pastor.  They see obedience and not questioning your parents as a virtue... even if your parents are wrong.  They like being "ruled" by a daddy-figure.

It's why they view Orban as a role model and side with Putin even when he invades another country.  

It's why they're gerrymandering the hell out of everything and trying to install people who'll overturn votes, etc.  -- they don't want the people to have a say in who they elect or how they're governed, because then they might lose.  They'd rather just be ruled by someone who's not answerable to anyone.

And what makes it even worse is, their judgement in who they trust is INCREDIBLY bad.  You'd think that even a child could see Trump is a con man... but, nope, they love the guy.  And if they can't have him, then they'll go to some other daddy-figure who'll rule them with no concern for their freedoms, like DeSantis.

Republicans like to talk about freedom... but they don't really like it.  They want an authoritarian.  They're always looking for one, everywhere.   At work they kiss up to the boss, no matter how lousy the boss is.  If they get a bad president, they follow that regardless of what he does, even if he's killing them, like Trump did with his bullshit "medical advice" during the pandemic.  If they can't find somebody to rule over them, they'll invent an all-powerful ghost-daddy in the sky who'll constantly watch and judge them and will not only punish them if they disobey, he'll punish them forever.

They like to see themselves as great warriors fighting for freedom, but inside they aren't really this guy...

The Republikkkan Plan for America Il_1140xN.2962122405_ppap

They're this guy.

The Republikkkan Plan for America Gimp-cover

Telstar

Telstar

zsomething wrote:

The Republikkkan Plan for America Gimp-cover

Isn't that The Gimp from Pulp Fiction? Yeah that's The Gimp. The Gimp would make the perfect GOP POTUS Candidate for 24. Maybe Pkr could be his running mate. The Gimp and the Simp in 2024.

Floridatexan and zsomething like this post

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

The Republikkkan Plan for America 296042880_460281989536714_6647781251605994162_n.jpg?_nc_cat=106&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=gIXoD213puwAX9LJeCM&_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-1

zsomething

zsomething

PkrBum

PkrBum

Will you pretend to be surprised when people start starving around the world late next year? Will you pretend that it wasn't by design? It won't affect the US in a significant way for a few years. But it will eventually. I've told you all that hunger is the great motivator. Just look up Stalin or Mao. The fertilizer and crop products are going to get squeezed next year. There will will also be restrictions on your ability to grow your own foods. It has started already... but it's gradual and you choose to ignore it. Stay tuned folks... it's coming to your home soon. There's a global plan and you fucktards have bought into it. You really ought to look into the bolsheviks... that's you. You also ought to look into what Stalin did to the Ukrainians. It's not going to be pretty.

Telstar

Telstar

The Republikkkan Plan for America Pkr_pi24

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum