Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Biden needs to wake up

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Biden needs to wake up Empty Biden needs to wake up 5/24/2021, 9:30 am

gatorfan

Children tell of neglect, filth and fear in US asylum camps
By Hilary Andersson and Anne Laurent
BBC News, Texas

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-57149721

2Biden needs to wake up Empty Re: Biden needs to wake up 5/24/2021, 7:12 pm

PkrBum

PkrBum

When Trump was potus it was a test of our "national character"... now it's even worse but Biden is potus. So no big deal.

Standard.

3Biden needs to wake up Empty Re: Biden needs to wake up 5/24/2021, 7:17 pm

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Oh, lookee, the pissant and his little pissant sock are back.

Telstar and zsomething like this post

4Biden needs to wake up Empty Re: Biden needs to wake up 5/25/2021, 8:57 am

zsomething

I actually agree that Biden needs to get on this situation a lot more than he is. He inherited something completely broken by Trump, but more needs to be done to fix it than is currently happening. O' course, it's pretty funny watching conservatives NOW start caring about it when they laughed off even worse conditions before, but... I don't expect much out of them. I do expect more out of Dems, though, so they need to make fixing this situation a much higher priority.

Floridatexan and Telstar like this post

5Biden needs to wake up Empty Re: Biden needs to wake up 5/25/2021, 11:14 am

gatorfan

Floridatexan wrote:
Oh, lookee, the pissant and his little pissant sock are back.

Why don't you check ebay to see if they have a life for sale?

Last edited by gatorfan on 5/25/2021, 11:17 am; edited 1 time in total

6Biden needs to wake up Empty Re: Biden needs to wake up 5/25/2021, 11:17 am

gatorfan

zsomething wrote:I actually agree that Biden needs to get on this situation a lot more than he is.  He inherited something completely broken by Trump, but more needs to be done to fix it than is currently happening.   O' course, it's pretty funny watching conservatives NOW start caring about it when they laughed off even worse conditions before, but... I don't expect much out of them.  I do expect more out of Dems, though, so they need to make fixing this situation a much higher priority.

The current administrations biggest problem is they apparently don't understand unintended consequences. Sure, opening the border to unaccompanied kids sounds great on liberal TV but the actual results are something totally different. It's almost as if there is no one in charge anymore.

7Biden needs to wake up Empty Re: Biden needs to wake up 5/25/2021, 1:07 pm

zsomething

gatorfan wrote:
zsomething wrote:I actually agree that Biden needs to get on this situation a lot more than he is.  He inherited something completely broken by Trump, but more needs to be done to fix it than is currently happening.   O' course, it's pretty funny watching conservatives NOW start caring about it when they laughed off even worse conditions before, but... I don't expect much out of them.  I do expect more out of Dems, though, so they need to make fixing this situation a much higher priority.

The current administrations biggest problem is they apparently don't understand unintended consequences. Sure, opening the border to unaccompanied kids sounds great on liberal TV but the actual results are something totally different. It's almost as if there is no one in charge anymore.

I don't think the border's really much more open than it was, it's just that they still haven't figured out the right way to handle the processing of people. I know that a lot of these people are refugees fleeing a nightmarish situation, more than just people who want better jobs. I don't think many people would take risks to get into a detention camp unless what they were trying to get away from was a whole lot worse. For a lot of 'em, it's just the best choice out of a bunch of really terrible choices.

I don't mind taking in refugees. We should. But, they need to come up with a better plan of how to handle it. It can be done a lot better than it's being done. And I'm sure they're working on that... but, I'd like to see 'em move it up in priority a bit, come up with better conditions while still being able to keep track of who's coming in. I know most attention's been focused on beating the pandemic, and that's normal, but we're the United States, we can do more than one thing at a time. So, yep, more attention needs to be given to this problem. It's already more than proven that a wall's not going to fix it, so some better means of handling it needs to be done. And I think it will be, but it's frustratingly slow.

8Biden needs to wake up Empty Re: Biden needs to wake up 5/26/2021, 11:15 am

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

zsomething wrote:
gatorfan wrote:

I don't think the border's really much more open than it was, it's just that they still haven't figured out the right way to handle the processing of people.  I know that a lot of these people are refugees fleeing a nightmarish situation, more than just people who want better jobs.  I don't think many people would take risks to get into a detention camp unless what they were trying to get away from was a whole lot worse.  For a lot of 'em, it's just the best choice out of a bunch of really terrible choices.

I don't mind taking in refugees.  We should.  But, they need to come up with a better plan of how to handle it.  It can be done a lot better than it's being done.  And I'm sure they're working on that... but, I'd like to see 'em move it up in priority a bit, come up with better conditions while still being able to keep track of who's coming in.  I know most attention's been focused on beating the pandemic, and that's normal, but we're the United States, we can do more than one thing at a time.  So, yep, more attention needs to be given to this problem.  It's already more than proven that a wall's not going to fix it, so some better means of handling it needs to be done.  And I think it will be, but it's frustratingly slow.

1) Part of this is seasonal and part is Trump's cruel policies. Once summer comes, things are going to get more deadly...so, yes, time is of the essence.

2) Republicans were either silent or encouraging about the wall, even when they got caught bilking people out of their money to build it privately...and making up stories about Al Queda sneaking across the southern border...and allowing children in these camps to die because of lack of medical care and deplorable living conditions...and stealing children from their parents, then losing them.

3)Trump essentially broke all agencies of the federal government. It's going to take time to weed out all the evil he left behind.

Telstar and zsomething like this post

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum