Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Forumotion technical difficulties

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Forumotion technical difficulties Empty Forumotion technical difficulties 5/20/2019, 10:40 am

RealLindaL

As some of you may've noticed, it was impossible to reach this forum for several hours last night.  Every time this kind of thing happens (fortunately not too frequently) I have a minor heart attack, thinking of all that would be lost were PDF to disappear. At least I was able to view Forumotion's tweet saying the problem was being worked on, which was a relief.

I think I've previously reported (at least once, maybe more) that a true shutdown happened to me quite a while back (just prior to 9/11), when the very active chat room I participated in on a major job search site was suddenly closed with no warning, as the webmaster apparently no longer wanted to moderate and didn't have the decency to give us an advance heads up.

I was no longer job searching at the time, nor were many of the users, but over time we'd formed a great group of chatters from all over the country that endured for at least a couple of years.   To this day I still utilize some helpful hints I learned from a few of them.

Sadly, none of us will ever know what happened to the others.  I've gotten over it, but just dread the day that this could ever happen here.  Our roots go back even farther.

So please keep up the good repair work, Forumotion!!  And here's continuing thanks to boards of Florida for maintaining his 'ownership' of this forum for the benefit of all who use it.

Telstar

Telstar

RealLindaL wrote:As some of you may've noticed, it was impossible to reach this forum for several hours last night.  Every time this kind of thing happens (fortunately not too frequently) I have a minor heart attack, thinking of all that would be lost were PDF to disappear. At least I was able to view Forumotion's tweet saying the problem was being worked on, which was a relief.

I think I've previously reported (at least once, maybe more) that a true shutdown happened to me quite a while back (just prior to 9/11), when the very active chat room I participated in on a major job search site was suddenly closed with no warning, as the webmaster apparently no longer wanted to moderate and didn't have the decency to give us an advance heads up.

I was no longer job searching at the time, nor were many of the users, but over time we'd formed a great group of chatters from all over the country that endured for at least a couple of years.   To this day I still utilize some helpful hints I learned from a few of them.

Sadly, none of us will ever know what happened to the others.  I've gotten over it, but just dread the day that this could ever happen here.  Our roots go back even farther.

So please keep up the good repair work, Forumotion!!  And here's continuing thanks to boards of Florida for maintaining his 'ownership' of this forum for the benefit of all who use it.

Yeah I thought this place was a goner. I'm been through it so many times but this will be the last that is linked to the Gannet News forums, that I know of. Reminds me of when I was a kid listening to my favorite rock & roll station and then one morning I wake up to find it's news/Sports/ weather 24/7. All the commercials blare how great it is but we know that isn't true.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum