Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Get women off the news...

+2
Floridatexan
Deus X
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Get women off the news... Empty Get women off the news... 3/13/2019, 11:00 am

Deus X

Deus X

Women are ruining newscasting. Years ago we had the Eric Sevareid-Walter Cronkite-Edward R. Murrow standard--just report the news or offer opinion as dispassionately and unemotionally as possible, allowing the listener to form his or her own emotional reaction. A real good example would be Walter Cronkite reporting the assassination of JFK, struggling to keep his tone as flat and unemotional as possible. I can hardly imagine the horror of Stephanie Ruhle or Brooke Baldwin or Kate Bolduan delivering THAT news.

Now that women are more and more to be seen delivering the news, they have DESTROYED this standard. The defendant didn't steal fifty million dollars, he stole "FIFTY! MILLION! DOLLARS!".  In every case, female newscasters inject emotion into the story, as if their listeners are too stupid to develop their own emotional reaction. They seem incapable of understanding the difference between emotion and reason.

Get women OFF the news!

This country has gone to shit since the 19th Amendment was ratified.

2Get women off the news... Empty Re: Get women off the news... 3/13/2019, 1:03 pm

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Get women off the news... Granny-flipping-the-bird

3Get women off the news... Empty Re: Get women off the news... 3/13/2019, 3:34 pm

Deus X

Deus X

The defense rests.

4Get women off the news... Empty Re: Get women off the news... 3/13/2019, 4:23 pm

RealLindaL

Good holy grief, Deus, how can someone so intelligent be so INSUFFERABLE at times??

5Get women off the news... Empty Re: Get women off the news... 3/13/2019, 4:32 pm

Deus X

Deus X

It's a gift.

6Get women off the news... Empty Re: Get women off the news... 3/13/2019, 9:16 pm

bigdog

I'm almost afraid to put in my two cents on this issue, but I will anyway.
Having said that, I know that I am absolutely wrong to think the way I do. Nevertheless.......
I absolutely prefer to hear men's voices on my newscasts over women's. I don't prefer Tucker Carlson's voice over Rachel Maddow's voice, definitely not. Because there's nothing but shit coming out of Carlson's mouth.
But if two individuals are reading the same script on the nightly news, which is all they do anyway, I prefer to hear someone that speaks like Gregory Peck over someone that speaks like any of the women on "the View."

This may be only because I'm a woman and like men's voices better, or it might be a prejudice that I haven't been able or willing to face yet. I'm not sure, because it's a pretty strong feeling that I've had ever since women started doing the news.
I may just be guilty here, I get along talking with men more then I do with women anyway, because I like to talk sports and politics a lot more than I do pretty much anything most groups of women want to discuss.
I'm too old to change now.

7Get women off the news... Empty Re: Get women off the news... 3/13/2019, 10:36 pm

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Get women off the news... 6a0133f3a4072c970b014e8966f73a970d-800wi

8Get women off the news... Empty Re: Get women off the news... 3/13/2019, 10:56 pm

Telstar

Telstar

Floridatexan wrote:Get women off the news... 6a0133f3a4072c970b014e8966f73a970d-800wi

Didn't Beck murder a woman years ago?

9Get women off the news... Empty Re: Get women off the news... 3/14/2019, 3:27 am

Deus X

Deus X

Floridatexan wrote:Get women off the news... 6a0133f3a4072c970b014e8966f73a970d-800wi

How eloquent! You have a wonderful economy with words, FT. I look forward to your next picture with great eagerness. (H/T Arthur)

How about disputing my only slightly tongue-in-cheek contention with some actual words. Of your own.

This is, after all, a DISCUSSION forum.

10Get women off the news... Empty Re: Get women off the news... 3/14/2019, 8:41 am

Sal

Sal

Shameless misogynist troll is shamelessly trolling misogynistically ... film at 11.

11Get women off the news... Empty Re: Get women off the news... 3/14/2019, 12:40 pm

Telstar

Telstar

Sal wrote:Shameless misogynist troll is shamelessly trolling misogynistically ... film at 11.

lol!

12Get women off the news... Empty Re: Get women off the news... 3/14/2019, 3:15 pm

Deus X

Deus X

discussion

NOUN

The action or process of talking about something in order to exchange ideas.

Funny, the definition doesn't seem to include any mention of using silly-ass pictures instead of words to make a point.

Hmmm-m-m-m...

13Get women off the news... Empty Re: Get women off the news... 3/14/2019, 4:59 pm

Telstar

Telstar

Get women off the news... Lol_zp22

14Get women off the news... Empty Re: Get women off the news... 3/14/2019, 9:37 pm

bigdog

I've done some serious pondering today, and I think I've got it figured out.
I just like to look at men and listen to their voices better than I do to women.

I think that makes me a heterosexual.

I'm almost 70 years old, it's probably time I made that decision anyway. I'd better go tell my husband. Very Happy

15Get women off the news... Empty Re: Get women off the news... 3/15/2019, 12:03 am

Deus X

Deus X

Thanks for sharing.

16Get women off the news... Empty Re: Get women off the news... 3/15/2019, 3:13 am

RealLindaL

You guys are all a stitch and a half. Thanks for the grins before bed!

Goodnight all,
LL

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum