Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Honorable Matthew Louis Gaetz...

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Deus X

Deus X

Trump Ally Tries To Remove Parkland Fathers From Gun Violence Hearing

The Honorable Matthew Louis Gaetz... Ap_19037666436862_wide-8f78e449910d6277cc3ed083011341aeb1daf094-s800-c85

A longtime Trump ally pushed to have two fathers of Parkland victims tossed out of a congressional hearing on gun violence — a reflection of the vociferous nature of the debate Democrats have made a priority in the new Congress.

Rep. Matt Gaetz, R-Fla., sparked commotion in the hearing when he listed circumstances in which violence was committed by undocumented immigrants, and said the solution would be to build the Trump-backed wall along the Southwest border.

"I hope we do not forget the pain, and anguish, and sense of loss felt by those all over the country who have been the victims of violence at the hands of illegal aliens," Gaetz said. "[Firearms background check legislation] would not have stopped many of the circumstances I raised, but a wall, a barrier on the Southern border may have, and that's what we're fighting for."

This led to protests in the hearing room by the fathers of two Parkland shooting victims, Manuel Oliver and Fred Guttenberg. Gaetz responded by asking for their removal. The public is not allowed to comment during congressional hearings, and the two were given a warning.

https://www.npr.org/2019/02/06/692046272/trump-ally-tries-to-remove-parkland-fathers-from-gun-violence-hearing

zsomething

In a way I'm almost glad this guy is such an asshole, because he's got one of those idiot-chunk-of-Spam faces that you almost can't help but hate. Since he consistently backs that up with behavior that absolutely deserves despisement, it removes the sense of conflict and guilt about detesting him just because he looks like such a thickwitted sack of self-entitled worthlessness.

Telstar

Telstar

A major reason why Florida is a shithole state.

The Honorable Matthew Louis Gaetz... Matt_g12

2seaoat

pos

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum