Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

America cries at a former President's funeral

+2
Deus X
2seaoat
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

2seaoat

Not because a good man has been lost, but because the guy sitting at the end of the bench with all living Presidents with his arms crossed in impatience and disrespect is our President. The man is not fit to be president and more each day are recognizing this horrible mistake and simply can cry and wait two years.

Deus X

Deus X

Why was Trump uncomfortable at HW’s funeral?

Donald Trump looked uncomfortable at the funeral of George H.W. Bush at the National Cathedral in Washington on Wednesday.

His arms were frequently crossed in a defensive and defiant posture as people reminisced about a man of integrity and decency — a man who represented the establishment against which Trump has railed his whole life in a quest for acceptance.

The president’s face was stern, his anger seemingly barely bridled beneath the surface, seemingly ready to burst out in an angry tweet about the Bush family — as he has done in the past.

[...]

In the past two years, Trump has blown up the presidency and shattered basic democratic institutions and principles, and shattered relationships with people and nations. While we may hope that Bush’s funeral results in a fundamental reset of Trump’s presidency, given his history and persona, the hopes are not high.

https://thehill.com/opinion/white-house/420084-why-was-trump-uncomfortable-at-hws-funeral

zsomething

What's funny is that Trump is such a horrible human being that everything nice that was said about GHW Bush was interpreted as a "shot at Trump." Anytime anyone talked about honor or kindness or whatever, people were saying, "Ooo, Trump must be bristling!"

Any idea how terrible a person has to be when mentioning any virtues around them gets viewed as trolling them? Smile

Trump, o' course, rose to expectations by suling up and sitting there like a spoiled kid, hugging himself the way he always does. Trump has a lot of "tells," but that hugging-himself gesture is one of the most obvious signs of his insecurity. That guy's so mentally ill and so permanently damaged by the awful way his sociopathic dad raised him that no amount of money and no amount of power is ever going to be enough to stop him from being insecure and feeling inadequate and picked-on. He knows he's posing. He knows the people around him are smarter and more capable than him, and he's living a big lie that he's desperate to not let anyone find out about... although everybody but his idiot cultists have already known about it for years.

I'm hoping this Mueller probe finally ends up in Trump's taxes being released. That's what'll really hurt him, when people find out he's not nearly as rich as he claims to be.

2seaoat

He truly is a sixth grade silver spooner who thinks rules do not apply, and he is getting incredibly bored with his job unless he is playing the buffoon at a campaign rally.

What's changed? Seriously... what about him is different now from who was elected?

I picture him as a cartoon character... like Peter Griffin.

Still can't believe he was elected. But that had more to do with hillary and the dnc than trump.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

PkrBum wrote:What's changed? Seriously... what about him is different now from who was elected?

I picture him as a cartoon character... like Peter Griffin.

Still can't believe he was elected. But that had more to do with hillary and the dnc than trump.

Did you purposely not capitalize Hillary and the DNC? Of course you did. Predictable, and, as usual, inaccurate.

bigdog

I'm glad the thread wasn't about us all crying over George HW's death. Yes, it was a stark contrast between the polite, courteous nature of the Bush crime family and the outward, in your face attitude of the Trump family, and that is what was most apparent during the funeral.

But the two hours and the terrible singing of the Oak Ridge Boys, followed by the magnificent singing of Reba, did not make me forget the things that made me leave the Republican party after George HW's first term in office.
His deep involvement in Iran-Contra, his allowing our police forces to become thieves instead of civil servants, his attitude toward gays, and his direction of the fight to install his unelected son into the White House were not forgotten by me. He was as tight or tighter with the Saudis as Trump could ever be, he ignored Saudi atrocities for years. So, no tears here for HW.
But yeah, watching Individual one sitting there with his arms crossed and refusing to read the prayers from his program was sickening. No one has ever had less class or manners in the history of our presidency.

RealLindaL

bigdog wrote:No one has ever had less class or manners in the history of our presidency.

SPOT ON.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

A Brief History of Everything That Happened Because of George H.W. Bush’s Insecurity

He was called a wimp. He overcompensated. People went to jail and died.

By MATT TAIBBI

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-features/george-h-w-bush-wimp-766076/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum