Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Oooh! Oooh! This is gonna be fun to watch...

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Deus X

Deus X

Trump’s installation of acting AG was unconstitutional, argues husband of Kellyanne Conway

A new opinion piece co-authored by George T. Conway III — husband of White House counselor Kellyanne Conway — argues that President Trump’s installation of Matthew G. Whitaker as acting attorney general Wednesday was unconstitutional.

“It’s illegal. And it means that anything Mr. Whitaker does, or tries to do, in that position is invalid,” George Conway wrote with his co-author in a piece published by the New York Times on Thursday, less than 24 hours after Trump ousted Jeff Sessions from the post.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trumps-installation-of-acting-ag-was-unconstitutional-argues-husband-of-kellyanne-conway/2018/11/08/fd84aed0-e380-11e8-8f5f-a55347f48762_story.html?utm_term=.a20642bf4ff9

TAKE THAT KELLYANNE, YOU BITCH!

I bet a dinner invitation to that house is fun.  "Pass the vitriol, please and, yes, I'd love another slice of that delicious roast acrimony, thank you."

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Deus X wrote:Trump’s installation of acting AG was unconstitutional, argues husband of Kellyanne Conway

A new opinion piece co-authored by George T. Conway III — husband of White House counselor Kellyanne Conway — argues that President Trump’s installation of Matthew G. Whitaker as acting attorney general Wednesday was unconstitutional.

“It’s illegal. And it means that anything Mr. Whitaker does, or tries to do, in that position is invalid,” George Conway wrote with his co-author in a piece published by the New York Times on Thursday, less than 24 hours after Trump ousted Jeff Sessions from the post.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trumps-installation-of-acting-ag-was-unconstitutional-argues-husband-of-kellyanne-conway/2018/11/08/fd84aed0-e380-11e8-8f5f-a55347f48762_story.html?utm_term=.a20642bf4ff9

TAKE THAT KELLYANNE, YOU BITCH!

I bet a dinner invitation to that house is fun.  "Pass the vitriol, please and, yes, I'd love another slice of that delicious roast acrimony, thank you."

Here's the NYT article:

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/11/08/opinion/trump-attorney-general-sessions-unconstitutional.html

And a comment:

First, it must be said this is just outrageous. Trump reportedly talked Anthony Kennedy into retiring. Then he shopped for a Supreme Court Justice who had about the most expansive view of presidential power to be found in the land.

Meanwhile, Matthew Whitaker auditioned for Trump's DOJ by going on cable news shows and opining that Mueller's investigation should be curtailed, starved of funds if need be, and that the Special Counsel did not have the authority to look at the President or his family's finances. Wow!

Too bad the President doesn't do this sort of strategic and tactical planning when it comes to public policy and governance.

Anyway, Surely Mueller knew this was coming. That Trump's efforts to reel in the Special Counsel begin immediately after the midterm speaks of the urgency Trump felt to act. He is reportedly of the belief his son, Don, Jr., is about to be indicted.

We have so far seen one half of this legal chess match. I have a feeling we are in very short order going to find out what steps Mueller took to inoculate his investigation. Can it be Trump out maneuvered Mueller . . . I find that very hard to believe.

Regardless, it should not really have to come to that. Just how much obstruction of justice does Trump need to engage in before enough Repub Senators wake up and put country over party to put an end to this obscenity.

It's time to put it on the table... put up or shut up. If it doesn't include the introduction of the russian counterintelligence dossier and the fraud of providing it to the fbi and fisa courts... then it's full of shit.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

MATT WHITAKER CAN’T PREVENT MUELLER FROM UNSEALING ANY SEALED INDICTMENTS
November 7, 2018/59 Comments/in Mueller Probe /by emptywheel
After spending a 1.5 hour press conference denying he “colluded” with Russia, Trump just proved he did by forcing Jeff Sessions to resign. He announced Sessions’ Chief of Staff, Matt Whitaker, will be the Acting Attorney General. DOJ has already announced Whitaker will take over oversight of the Mueller investigation. Before he was even hired as CoS, Whitaker pointed to the Red Line Trump’s stenographers at the NYT teed up for him, suggested Mueller had crossed it, and that that represented going too far.

He has also laid out how to kill the Mueller investigation — by defunding it.

I could see a scenario where Jeff Sessions is replaced, it would recess appointment and that attorney general doesn’t fire Bob Mueller but he just reduces his budget to so low that his investigations grinds to almost a halt.

It’s all going as I predicted it might in this TNR piece last week.

All that said, Mueller was surely expecting just such an eventuality. And the fact that they got Roger Stone attorney Tyler Nixon to testify Friday suggests they were prepping for it, getting the last bit of evidence against Stone in place.

The only question is whether they got the grand jury to approve whatever indictments they were working on. I’d be surprised if Mueller didn’t (unless Rod Rosenstein prevented him from doing so).

If that’s the case, then Whitaker is not going to help Trump get out of his legal troubles. That’s because Chief Judge Beryl Howell, not Whitaker, will make the decision about unsealing anything sealed in this grand jury investigation.

So if Mueller prepared for this very predictable eventuality, then Trump may have just fired a key player in his racist agenda for naught.

https://www.emptywheel.net/2018/11/07/matt-whitaker-cant-prevent-mueller-from-unsealing-any-sealed-indictments/

bigdog

I don't mean to uncomplicate what seems to be a very complicated situation right now, but the election of a Democratic House on Tuesday made it certain that Mueller's information will now see the light of day, no matter what T.Rump wants.

T.Rump can order the information sealed, he can end Mueller's investigation, he can do anything he wants to do.
In January, The Democrats in the House can call Robert Mueller to testify before Congress in an open hearing and he can reveal any damned thing he wants to reveal, he can give them the names of every witness they need to call before them, and there's just ABSOLUTELY nothing the POTUS can do, even with control of the justice department, to stop it.
Nothing. Whether Congress will then impeach Trump is a question, but I honestly don't care. I only care that everyone in this country knows what  that treasonous bastard and his treasonous family actually did during the election.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum